100x Protank 2 @ R95 Each

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't trust ads on gumtree most of the time :p met one too many gumtree scammers I guess. Will speak to Giz though but the chances are not very likely - also they don't have a proper profile on gumtree and no other ads which makes me wary...

also way to many fake protanks around would rather buy direct from trusted suppliers

Yip, this screams dodgyness

Well, if any of our local retailers does eventually go ahead and buy it then i will definitely be in for at least 1 tank, maybe 2 ;-)

Yeah and R95 is less than what they cost from the factory - so definitely dodgy

Thank you - yep it was awesome, lots of long afternoon naps and late nights gaming :)

Yeah and R95 is less than what they cost from the factory - so definitely dodgy

Many vendors are a little upset with Kanger and their release dates.
This is probably not a scam and someone who needs to get rid of stock at cost. Hardly a week after the PT2 was released Kanger released the Unitank while various other companies released tanks that used protanks coils and principles like the HyperTank.

The HyperTank was vastly superior to the Protank 2 and still to date one of my favorites meaning that sales of the PT2 would dwindle and eventually halt when they announced the PT3. Same thing has happened with the PT3 when they announced the release of the Aero.

Many vendors are buying large quantities of these products and simply run out of time to sell them before something better is released. While it might seem like a good buy, you simply wont get the chance to sell that many units.

Worth mentioning is the Aspire Nautilus that looks like it might give the Aero some gas.
While Kanger is releasing some great entry level products, it would be wise not to pull the trigger on them right away as someone else is probably already coming up with something based on they're "idea", if it was theirs to begin with and making a vastly improved unit.

Last edited:
Personally I never ever trust anything on Gumtree... it's a place that is infested with Lemons and con artists... such a great pity because it used to be awesome!

Bottom line... it it looks like a pig and squeals like a pig its very likely to end up as bacon in the not too distant future!

I haven't lost any money on gumtree so far.. Thank goodness, But I do agree it is a snake oil salesman's paradise.

I haven't lost any money on gumtree so far.. Thank goodness, But I do agree it is a snake oil salesman's paradise.

Yes that's because you are a seller and an honest one and don't dispatch till the cash is in der bank!

Personally I never ever trust anything on Gumtree... it's a place that is infested with Lemons and con artists... such a great pity because it used to be awesome!

Bottom line... it it looks like a pig and squeals like a pig its very likely to end up as bacon in the not too distant future!

Agree, and I don't even eat pig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back