A chemist's advice - dont dry burn your coil

Not related to dry burn but maybe related to metal and chemicals.
Im always amazed when I see pics of coils/wicks that is dark brown. I have used the same wick and coil for two weeks and then its still almost white.
Example this is pic of my current 0.49ohm ni80 24ga build, wick is a week old vaping daily at 22watts
IMG-20190903-WA0001.jpg

Now this was about a week ago. Same atty, same mod, same juice. A braided fishtail coil with lots of fine wires. Coming in at 0.48 ohms, vaped at 22watts. After two days it looked like this, cleaned it rewicked and gave another try and in less than 2days it looked the same again
IMG-20190903-WA0000.jpg
Surely this cant be healthy, same juice in both

Not related to dry burn but maybe related to metal and chemicals.
Im always amazed when I see pics of coils/wicks that is dark brown. I have used the same wick and coil for two weeks and then its still almost white.
Example this is pic of my current 0.49ohm ni80 24ga build, wick is a week old vaping daily at 22watts
View attachment 176643

Now this was about a week ago. Same atty, same mod, same juice. A braided fishtail coil with lots of fine wires. Coming in at 0.48 ohms, vaped at 22watts. After two days it looked like this, cleaned it rewicked and gave another try and in less than 2days it looked the same again
View attachment 176647
Surely this cant be healthy, same juice in both

I have noticed this as well. I mostly vape my own juiceo_O... Or rather juice I made myself :giggle:

Sometimes I go weeks without rebuilding and everything stays clean. sometimes I have a turd wrap in a few days. Same juice same coil same wicking material. Maybe it could be something environmental?

Back