A mod from Evolv to emulate a ciggie!

They were chatting to the chap from Evolv and showing and discussing the new hardware pod from Evolv themselves and how close it is to a ciggie... I wonder why it disappeared? I'm glad I watched it before it made a duck because it was very interesting!

Also watched it just when you posted it. Very interesting little device and I think it would work great. Maybe the YouTube censorship kicked in. Wanted to show it to SWAMBO later.

Not sure if we should create a separate thread, but early on in the video they discussed a very interesting viewpoint: mainstream vaping industry has moved away from converting the smoker and more towards pleasing the vaper. And when they said it, I automatically disagreed, but after giving it some thought, I agree with Phil.

It looks like a great device for quitting smoking. I'm sure that it will be a quality product as we have come to expect from Evolv. With all the research done it is most likely the best pod to replicate smoking.

I'm sure that many of us on the forum could afford to pay the R 2 500 to buy the device (including one R 125 pod) but it is clearly only available to the rich. Most smokers are poor. Even in a rich country like Britain the "likelihood of smoking (is) four times higher in England's most deprived areas than least deprived "- Office for National Statistics.

The percentage of the world's smoking population that could benefit from this device will be minuscule. It is unfortunately a case of good news for a few but no news for the masses.

It looks like a great device for quitting smoking. I'm sure that it will be a quality product as we have come to expect from Evolv. With all the research done it is most likely the best pod to replicate smoking.

I'm sure that many of us on the forum could afford to pay the R 2 500 to buy the device (including one R 125 pod) but it is clearly only available to the rich. Most smokers are poor. Even in a rich country like Britain the "likelihood of smoking (is) four times higher in England's most deprived areas than least deprived "- Office for National Statistics.

The percentage of the world's smoking population that could benefit from this device will be minuscule. It is unfortunately a case of good news for a few but no news for the masses.

Yip, it was a raised eyebrow moment when he mentioned the price! :eek:

100% agree, I can tell you first hand that people will smoke rather than eat. When vaping becomes as cheap as a bag of baccie and some rolly papers, then you may see a difference. Great device though for sure.

Back