Another New Reload RTA :)

That's a bit of a disappointment :( ... those are some pretty large side vents ... he has to close the air intake down to half for DTL :yikes:
Take that with a pinch of salt though, he likes a much more restrictive draw. I think most tanks should feed the masses at half airflow, makes it more versatile. I would probably run it the same way, I have found that most of what he likes suits my personal preferences too.

Take that with a pinch of salt though, he likes a much more restrictive draw. I think most tanks should feed the masses at half airflow, makes it more versatile. I would probably run it the same way, I have found that most of what he likes suits my personal preferences too.

I'll take your word for it, and wait for your feedback on it then, (assuming you're gonna get one) ;), as this guesswork along with them teaser videos is driving me to drink :facepalm:

I watched him struggle to get the coil installed and thought about doing it this way:
1) Start with having parallel legs on your coils
2) With a coil rod through the coil, insert and secure one leg.
3) After securing one leg and keeping the rod in place, unwrap and install the remaining coil leg.

I think this will help to not deform the coils and to have your coil spaced correctly in the deck.

What do you guys think?

I watched him struggle to get the coil installed and thought about doing it this way:
1) Start with having parallel legs on your coils
2) With a coil rod through the coil, insert and secure one leg.
3) After securing one leg and keeping the rod in place, unwrap and install the remaining coil leg.

I think this will help to not deform the coils and to have your coil spaced correctly in the deck.

What do you guys think?

Your method logically should work as long as there's a coil rod in place, altho' do I think young Mr. Adam (Grimm)Green is complicating the process unnecessarily, as it's hardly a challenge pre- bending two legs to 10 O Clock and 2 O Clock respectively.

Spot on ;) ... so the side vent part worries me a lil' ... as side vents are generally way inferior to a bottom vent(s), a they do tend to dilute the air /eliquid mix more than a bottom vent, (to which the lower, and closer to the coil the vents are ... the better the concentration of air/eliquid).

You can see that in the pic bellow; I remade the inner chamber in a Zeus X, and effectively got rid of the top two rows of side air vents, and reduced the number of lower ones, whilst moving them as low as I could go.
In theory I compromised the total volume of air flow capability, however in practice not so, as the air velocity simply increased giving it greater inertia, and as it was underneath the coils, it created a much more dense vape, (so much more dense, that power levels had to be cut back to approximately half that of the chimney on the right).
I also reduced the chimney diameter by a mm to compensate, however that wasn't the major reason for the vape density improvement.

View attachment 223268
Speaking of modified Zeus X's - there she is , riding the Dov with some Riot Sq Strawberry scream , this is a super modification Mr @Intuthu Kagesi
A real flavour blaster of format , the next visitor to his cave of magic will be the M25 . Thanks again :) not much to see with the tank assembled but ...wow.20210303_175438.jpg

Speaking of modified Zeus X's - there she is , riding the Dov with some Riot Sq Strawberry scream , this is a super modification Mr @Intuthu Kagesi
A real flavour blaster of format , the next visitor to his cave of magic will be the M25 . Thanks again :) not much to see with the tank assembled but ...wow.View attachment 224017

Glad you're enjoying her :) ... I loved the challenge of improving what was already a formidable design :D

A real flavour blaster of format , the next visitor to his cave of magic will be the M25 . Thanks again :) not much to see with the tank assembled but ...wow.View attachment 224017

please share what you gents are up to @Intuthu Kagesi

Anyone pulled the trigger on one of these yet? I see local stock has started trickling in...

I have yet to find the time to sit down and watch a 20 min review on this :(

Yeah, I got one for about a week now. Flavour is really really amazing but airflow is horrendous (especially if you like your draw slightly restrictive). Normally having too much air isn't an issue as you can just turn down the airflow with with this RTA, turning down the airflow always results in a whistle.....and that on an already very noisy RTA. Perhaps playing around with coils and placement will improve things?

Kind of a love hate relationship this far though. Love the flavour, hate the airflow.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Yeah, I got one for about a week now. Flavour is really really amazing but airflow is horrendous (especially if you like your draw slightly restrictive). Normally having too much air isn't an issue as you can just turn down the airflow with with this RTA, turning down the airflow always results in a whistle.....and that on an already very noisy RTA. Perhaps playing around with coils and placement will improve things?

Kind of a love hate relationship this far though. Love the flavour, hate the airflow.

Thanks, this really helps!

I don't mind a noisy atty and I'm more a wide open airflow kind of guy (my Reload 24 stays wide open).

This may be right your ally then....I find that it has alot more airflow than my Reload 24....I'm talking QP Fatality airflow....that said it is growing on me

I think a lot of people complained the 26 was too restrictive and so they over compensated.

Yeah, probably..
They had it right the first time round though, on the OG

Back