kimbo

Flavor Junky
VIP
LV

Awards
tear.JPG

P1090227-2.JPG

Authentic review:

The day i saw the review for this i went on a mission to get the best clone i can to look at closer. I found one at Reardon Tech and they assured me that they make the Aqua v2, although there are some other RDA's that they re-brand. This is a closer look at this RTA.
P1090237.JPG
The RTA comes in two major parts that you will be working with when vaping. The top tank section and the bottom building deck. This is one of the few RTA's that you can remove the tank wile there is juice in the tank and work on your coil. This was the big draw card for me.

P1090238.JPG
The tank section can be further broken down into three parts, you also get a metal or plastic main tank section.
The very shiny bit is your chimney section that, like the Kayfun and Russian, runs through the center of the tank and that is were the vaper escapes from the coils to your mouth.
Reardon uses nice o-rings in the chimney section and in the four days of exclusive use i not once had a leak.
The machining here is very good you must just make sure that when you screw the tank section close, that all the parts line up and you will not have a problem. The threading is also very well done and i did not have a problem with that.
P1090239.JPG
Looking at the tank section all assembled i must say it looks very good. As mentioned before you can remove this section wile there is juice in the tank to work on the coils or to re-wick. Everything just fits in very nice, it can get very slippery when you have some juice on your fingers ;)
The four holes in the bottom of the tank is for filling and also feeds juice to your juice well wich in turn goes to the coils.
P1090242.JPG
Taking a closer look at the deck.
It is quite easy to build on here, you just get two posts but there are multiple holes in the posts so that you can get your duel coils in there no problem

P1090244.JPG
You get some spare screws for he posts that double when you do single coil that you can close of one air hole. The juice wells are nice and deep but quite narrow, you must be very careful of choking the juice feed to your coil. I had to thin out the wick quit a bit in the juice well before it started to wick to my satisfaction.
P1090245.JPG
The Aqua v2 has another trick up it's sleeve. The bottom can be removed and the RTA will hybrid onto any mod with a 20x1 thread. I could not test this as i don't have a mod with that treading.
P1090256.JPG
To remove the tank from the bottom section. If there is juice in the tank, turn the RTA upside down, grip the shiny metal part and the brushed metal part and turn Do what you need to do with your coils and just reverse the procedure. There is an o-ring and some treading to ensue you don't get any juice leaking from there.

P1090246.JPG

The last party trick is you can convert this RTA into a dripper. In the nice metal tin you get a topcap that you can use in place of the tank and enjoy this RTA as a RDA, as Matt from the review said it is a bit weird with the drip tip sitting of center but i must say as a dripper the Aqua v2 is really nice. You can get quite a bit of juice in at a time :)

In the few days of using this RTA come RDA i came to like this very much, once the wicking was sorted it was smooth sailing all the way. The flavor is very good in dripper and RTD mode. It is just the of center drip tip that had me, i have no idea why they did that.

Reardon did a very good job here, from the moment i opened the tin i could see that this is well made and well presented
P1090249.JPG

Looks Like an interesting kit. Would mind spending some time with it. I really like the spares that comes with it.

Thanks dude, awesome review as usual. How does it compare to the rose?

Flavor the Rose wins .. but ease of build must go to the Aqua v2. Even with my bad eye's it was a breeze. For wicking the Rose takes it, you just pop the wick into the Rose and it works, the Aqua v2 you will have to play with the density of the wick to make sure it wicks well,

I think for the more novice vaper go for the Aqua v2 but if you are willing to learn and climb the steep learning curve go for the Rose it is worth every swearword.

Flavor the Rose wins .. but ease of build must go to the Aqua v2. Even with my bad eye's it was a breeze. For wicking the Rose takes it, you just pop the wick into the Rose and it works, the Aqua v2 you will have to play with the density of the wick to make sure it wicks well,

I think for the more novice vaper go for the Aqua v2 but if you are willing to learn and climb the steep learning curve go for the Rose it is worth every swearword.
Cool thanks. Yep love that rose too much, can't imagine flavour getting much better than that.

@kimbo, did you get it from a local or inernational vendor? Whays the cost like?

Not bad, i just don't have the patience to wait for the snail mail, let me know if you decide to get rid of it.:)

Not bad, i just don't have the patience to wait for the snail mail, let me know if you decide to get rid of it.:)

will do .. i buy a few things for review and sell them again to support my next review budget ;)

Back