Battle Of The Box Mods(with Attys)!

Paulie

Flavour master
VIP
LV

Awards
Hey all so i thought id give my opionion on 3 of my box mods and how i feel about them. Rating = on stars 1 = bad 5 = excellent)

Reo Grand LP (5 stars)
I have only had this mod for 5 days now and i can say that since i recieved it i have not put it down.
The reo is simplistic, light, alows you to swich out muiltiple flavours and you also get a wopping 6 mil juice which you can have your all day vape juice in there without having to change or refill it for a whole day.
I am currently running the reomiser 3 (bottom fed RDA from the centre post).
Reomiser 3 features :
Centre post bottom fed dripping allows you to wick all around and has fantastic flavour, throat hit and creates very good vapor.

So i have thought about what i dont like about the reo and to be honest there nothing i can really think of other than the battery which is alittle loose.
One of the best things also is Reo is know availible in south africa and you can get all the spare parts.

IPW v2 (4 stars)
I reieved this device today from at vapeclub and i can say that it is a very sexy little device.It is very well build and allows you to connect all your RBA(russian\kayfun etc) RDA(magma\IGo\Trident etc) devices to it.
The sx330 chip
This is great chip and you can immediatly see the difference compared to the dna 30 chip on how the quality and amount of vapor you get at any wattage you use. The kayfun I am currently using on there with a 0.8ohm micro coil performs great. It almost feels like you have added a turbo to the kayfun and it has a 30% increase in the quality of the vape.
After playing around with the watts i feel like 20watts is where i am currently happy but i have noticed that when i use different devices and coil configurations it all changes and you deffently feel that instantly.
Compared to the Cana you can instantly get a feel for the increase or decrease in voltage as you play around with the watts. I also found that if you go above 20 watts the vapor starts to get very warm.
I have not had the device for long but so far the only problem i have is that i own a reo.

Cana Mod (3 stars)
I have owned the cana for the longest out of the 3 devices and can still say that i am very happy with it. The feel of the cana in your hand feels great and it also allows you to use muiltiple RDA\RBA on it.
DNA 30 chip (clone)
Up till today i have been enjoying the chip and found that it works great at 14-15 watts on all my kayfuns. The issue i have is after trying the IPW v2 you can immediatly identify the difference in the vapor quality.
I then decided to connect my new mini Nautilus to the hana running 15 watts and all i can say is i caint put it down and its a match made in heaven!!

They are all 3 great devices and i will add more information to this the longer i use them.

image_zps2964aca9.jpg

Last edited:
Great comparison, thanks. For that loose battery in the Reo - just give the battery a wrap or two of insulation tape. You can even leave a tab to pull out the battery easier. One of the Reonauts here have done it and posted a pic, but do not remember who.

Hmm are you comparing box mods or attys?

Don't get me wrong, reos are awesome but you can put almost any standard atty on a cana or ipv whereas the reo is kinda it's own system?

The best thing to do is own both then you got the best of both worlds :) or 3 in my case haha

Can't say I'm not envious ;)

I never owned a reo. But when it comes to giving stars ill give the ipv v2 10 stars out of 5. Lol. Great unit. You can feel the power in it. To be honest my hana is like a baby and ipv the big big brother. I recommend this device to anyone who loves the electronic mods!

I defiantly agree that its the best electronic mod I have and it only looses to the reo cause of simplicity(changing juices) and design(bottom fed) in my opinion.

Excellent review, I had the chance to briefly play around with the IPW v2 today at VapeClub, and I was pleasantly surprised at just how light the unit is. Feels like a feather in the hand, more or less. And the touch fire I think it's called is really neat.

Pretty sure it's @Alex
Great comparison, thanks. For that loose battery in the Reo - just give the battery a wrap or two of insulation tape. You can even leave a tab to pull out the battery easier. One of the Reonauts here have done it and posted a pic, but do not remember who.

Great review.

I agree with all the points you've made.

I have had all 3 systems as well and the the scoring would be the same on mine as well.
The only other gripe I would have for the other two systems would be the lack of simplicity to change the batteries.

If you charging via the USB. Then its even worse as you lose the use of them for a good couple of hours.
Don't get me wrong, reos are awesome but you can put almost any standard atty on a cana or ipv whereas the reo is kinda it's own system?
Not quite.
If you go for a Low Profile REO, you can pretty much use any atomiser on it.
The only downside then would be that you would lose the bottom feed option on it. Unless you mod it to bottom feed.

See the aqua on the REO.

hy2eruda.jpg

Thanks for your impressions @paulph201
Well done, nice and useful

Would love to hear if your views change over a few weeks of usage.

@MurderDoll then what'd be the point of having a Reo? If it's just plain old mech box, it's not as good as either the Hana or the IPV.

These are not really comparable box mods

The reo is bottom feeding and the other two are not.
So you are right, no point in putting a non bottom fed topper on a REO

The way i see it, the comparison above is between a bottom fed mechanical REO and a electronic box mod with a tank rebuildable on top.

I.e. The comparison here for me is the whole system, not the parts

Status.... I also don't get the whole Reo thing. It's basically a dripper with a better feed option. I have a dripper and much prefer my Kayfun.

You don't get the REO thing until you have one and try it... I know exactly how you feel... I felt the same way when I started and I thought the REO guys were lunatics! ;)

So what we've learnt from this thread is that someone needs to squeeze an SX350 into a Reo for the ultimate mod?

These are not really comparable box mods

The reo is bottom feeding and the other two are not.
So you are right, no point in putting a non bottom fed topper on a REO

The way i see it, the comparison above is between a bottom fed mechanical REO and a electronic box mod with a tank rebuildable on top.

I.e. The comparison here for me is the whole system, not the parts

I normally carry the REO and the cana mod with a dripper so that I can have flavor changes throughout the day. When I go out I only carry the REO as I use it the most but also carry a dripper so that I can get a change when I want. Best of both - normal dripper and bottom fed dripper without carrying 2 devices.

Status.... I also don't get the whole Reo thing. It's basically a dripper with a better feed option. I have a dripper and much prefer my Kayfun.

Precisely @Limbo
Its a dripper with a convenient simple bottom feeding mechanism

Not sure what dripper you have and if you prefer the vape you get off the Kayfun tank system then yes, you would not like the REO.

But for me, the vape on a well set up dripper beats a tank - flavour wise and throat hit wise. I need my throat hit. So i loved the dripper type of vape. The REO just made it convenient, so I dont need to drip every few puffs or walk around with a juice bottle. Thats all.

There is nothing magical or technologically superior about the REO. Its simplicity is what makes it special. And the dripper type of vape, which does not necessarily suit every person's taste.

The Reo also has many other benefits in everyday practicality and ease of use. Changing wicks, changing flavours, cleaning. All are very simple.

@MurderDoll then what'd be the point of having a Reo? If it's just plain old mech box, it's not as good as either the Hana or the IPV.
You completely missing the point I was trying to make.

I put the aqua to show you that you could use any atomiser you wanted as long as the REO was low profile.

I was merely responding to your original statement.

Back