Boxer Mod screen help

BeaLea

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hello
I was hoping someone would be able to give me advice on a screen issue I'm having. My Boxer V2 mods (it's an old mod, but hardly used) screen just decided it had enough of this world and switched itself off. The mod itself still works perfectly. However, I have stopped using it with my dripper now.

Any advice on who may be able to see what the issue is? Or should I just put my boxer to rest.

Thank you. Have a great day

Attachments

• 20200427_120502.jpg
    20200427_120502.jpg
    658.7 KB · Views: 16
@Resistance
@baksteen8168
Thank you for your replies.

I just tested to see if it was on stealth mode. The screen finally started showing something but still no actual display. It seems as if the screen is not as bright either.
It only says screen/display and screen/stealth.

Attachments

• pixlr_20200427123539820.jpg
    pixlr_20200427123539820.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 14
I dont know that mod, but if the mod fell or got knocked hard enough the ribbon connecting the screen could have moved.

I dont know that mod, but if the mod fell or got knocked hard enough the ribbon connecting the screen could have moved.
That could be a possibility. If there is a ribbon and it's not making good enough contact then this could be a symptom. @BeaLea - You could try opening it up to see if the screen is plugged in properly.

If you do, unplug the screen and clean the ribbon contact with some alcohol or spirits. Don't touch with your hands. Wipe with a clean cloth and wait 5mins before reinstall.

Alrighty @Resistance and @baksteen8168 I will need to wait this investigation out a bit, as the one screw simply refuses to budge. So in fear of stripping it entirely, I'll wait until I'm able to visit my step dad and get him to take it out with all his electrical equipment. Probably won't hurt to have a gadget man assist me, haha.

I really appreciate both of you and your help. One day I will have answers and shall report back :)

Alrighty @Resistance and @baksteen8168 I will need to wait this investigation out a bit, as the one screw simply refuses to budge. So in fear of stripping it entirely, I'll wait until I'm able to visit my step dad and get him to take it out with all his electrical equipment. Probably won't hurt to have a gadget man assist me, haha.

I really appreciate both of you and your help. One day I will have answers and shall report back :)
Good luck

If the screw stripped, try using a flat screwdriver. If it doesn't do anything then rather wait till you get help.
Good luck.

Back