Ceramic Wick

Andre

Reonaut
VIP
LV

Awards
Have been running the 2 mm on my Reos since 2 April 2014. Dry burn with wick inside every second day. Really amazing how long the wick lasts and how great it performs. Unfortunately, this is export controlled in the USA so they are not allowed to export. Got mine via MyUs.com, but even that is risky, also very expensive. Anyhow, some info on it below, just in case someone gets an opportunity to get hold of some.

The web site: http://store.rbasupplies.com/readyxwick-the-best-premium-heat-treated-soft-ceramic-wick-available/

Threads on the Reo forum (ECF): http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/539791-readyxwick-non-cotton-people.html and
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/readyxwick-round-2.622122/

A video by the web site owner:

Last edited:
I hope one of our USA members see this and offer to ship to SA, even if they add a healthy commission/profit to the price.

Holy crap, that motor oil demo is impressive. This stuff is amazing.

Has anyone made enquiries with the 3M agents here? All you need to do after aquiring would be to kiln fire it. For that join a pottery class :D

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

The Reo is on its way and I'm just looking at alternative wicks,getting the ceramic stuff from RBA supplies in the USA looks costly,what do you guys think about this stuff,can get it here pretty quick ..
http://www.mfsteam.com/information.php?product=wick1??
Too thick methinks, but more importantly probably not kiln treated to be safe for vaping. For the Reo 2 mm is the size we are searching for. RBA does not export at all.

Hope you chose the right USPS Express shipping. Nice find @Genosmate , but have never seen that being used. I think you will only know once you've tried it. I just love RBA Supplies's marketing of their wicking material. According to ECF threads there are some mixed reviews though.

ReadyWick.png

Last edited:
Too thick methinks, but more importantly probably not kiln treated to be safe for vaping. For the Reo 2 mm is the size we are searching for. RBA does not export at all.

Thought so but I've sent them an email to see if they have access to thinner material and to ask what temperature its been tested to.Could take this to a local potter and get them to stick in the kiln to fire it,maybe that might work? If all else fails I am going to ask a mate of mine to get a contact of his in florida to order some from RBA and then send it on.

I'm in if you're interested in doing a coop on the RBA wicks @Genosmate

No problem,if I can get the USA contact sorted I'll order extra or maybe post in the group buy section.Just don't want to have to order too much as I don't want to the the guy having to pay a fine of up to 750,000,00 USD.Whats so special about this stuff that they fine you that much?

First time I heard about a fine for buying/selling wicks!

First time I heard about a fine for buying/selling wicks!

On the website it states its illegal to ship outside the USA and a fine of up to 750k for each incident.I know vaping can be expensive but this is a bit stiff! I'm always moaning at my wife when she gets a R200 speeding fine,she will go mad if I get one of these fines!

On the website it states its illegal to ship outside the USA and a fine of up to 750k for each incident.I know vaping can be expensive but this is a bit stiff! I'm always moaning at my wife when she gets a R200 speeding fine,she will go mad if I get one of these fines!

I don't know how they will be enable to enforce this if there is no US statutory law or even know about a sending off to SA marked as "candle wicks" Would love to know the exact reason why they put something like that on their website.

I don't know how they will be enable to enforce this if there is no US statutory law or even know about a sending off to SA marked as "candle wicks" Would love to know the exact reason why they put something like that on their website.

It is America,but I think you'd get fined less for smuggling a truck load of Mexicans over the border!
Anyway I've already got my mate to send his contact a mail asking if he can get 5ft of the 2mm (when did they start with the metric?),just have to hope he will also disregard the warning on the website,I'll keep you posted.

Thanks @Genosmate - if your mate comes right, please pm your banking details and amount and I'll sort out immediately.

It is America,but I think you'd get fined less for smuggling a truck load of Mexicans over the border!
Anyway I've already got my mate to send his contact a mail asking if he can get 5ft of the 2mm (when did they start with the metric?),just have to hope he will also disregard the warning on the website,I'll keep you posted.
If you could spare some, I would love to buy.

Hi Johan,Mathee,Rob,No problem you can all have 1ft each if thats OK with you?
The email has been sent to the guy in the states,just hope he's OK with the fine nonsense thats stated on the website..I'll let you know.

Damn, is it too late to get stuck in to this group buy as well?

then i will - attention MODS - IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED

johan's name needs to be changed ASAP to....

Ohm Johan

I have the power to make it happen......... but it seems the victi....user in question has reservations

Back