Change micro usb to type C?

dannler

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey guys not sure if this is posted in the correct thread.but here it goes.

I have a ijoy shogun univ. Its been my daily driver for ages with no issues at all, and i love it especially due to the resin pannels.

But im annoyed because this mod uses a micro usb port. And most of my electronics uses type c. That means i have to have a dedicated charger/cable with me just for the mod.

I know i can just use the damn cable or buy another mod. BUT i love the resin pannels that this mod came with, and currently there is nothing similar on the market, resin panels with type c. Besides the drag 4. But the resin options are MEH...

Is it possible for someone with the tech-hoo-ha knowledge and tools to be able to do such a conversion on the board? Im aware that the frame will have to be modified to have proper fitment.

Or must i just accept it and keep using the annoying cable.

you can get a micro usb to type c adapter. probably about R100.

you can get a micro usb to type c adapter. probably about R100.
yea i checked them out but then again its something i have to haul around. And i tend to loose small things quite easy.

And i dont want to keep it permenantly on the mod. It will stick out like a sore thumb

yea i checked them out but then again its something i have to haul around. And i tend to loose small things quite easy.

And i dont want to keep it permenantly on the mod. It will stick out like a sore thumb
Fair enough.

Hey guys not sure if this is posted in the correct thread.but here it goes.

I have a ijoy shogun univ. Its been my daily driver for ages with no issues at all, and i love it especially due to the resin pannels.

But im annoyed because this mod uses a micro usb port. And most of my electronics uses type c. That means i have to have a dedicated charger/cable with me just for the mod.

I know i can just use the damn cable or buy another mod. BUT i love the resin pannels that this mod came with, and currently there is nothing similar on the market, resin panels with type c. Besides the drag 4. But the resin options are MEH...

Is it possible for someone with the tech-hoo-ha knowledge and tools to be able to do such a conversion on the board? Im aware that the frame will have to be modified to have proper fitment.

Or must i just accept it and keep using the annoying cable.
I think you must accept it and move on with your life. I wish I had something so small to worry about, I have bigger problems.

Another fix: get an external charger and another set of batteries with a battery case to cart around. That way you don't have to charge through your mod at all.

You're kidding me right? :think: .... Get yourself a charger cable with a type C, AND Micro USB, AND Apple iPhone connector on it +-R60 ..., or use one of the adapters others on this thread have suggested, R39 from Matrix .... with a keyring connector nogal, or ....
Send it to me ... your shipping charges plus the connector, (excluding the risk of possible board damage with surface mount electronics), would probably amount to the same price as a cheapish "travel mod"

1678815166810.png

Back