Coil preservation

DougP

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
I don't quite understand the rules about vendors posting in general threads so if I have posted this in an area that I can't please forgive me

I would like to ask the experts ...
How does one best preserve a manufacturers coil.
For example ... If I was using a 0.5 ohm OCC coil on a subtank and I wanted to switch to a 1.2 ohm OCC coil
How would one preserve the 0.5 ohm coil.
Does one leave it in a little bottle of juice soaking, or,
Does one wash it under a warm tap and leave to dry
Or
Can you just wrap it in cling wrap and put it in draw

I don't quite understand the rules about vendors posting in general threads

Hi @Blends Of Distinction
I do believe the rules are quite straightforward

But to clarify

Vendors are not allowed to punt or promote their business or products in the general threads of the forum.
That kind of thing has to be done in their dedicated subforums

Your post above does not seem to be punting or promoting the products you are selling so you are welcome to discuss that kind of thing in the general forum.

Hope that makes sense and clears it up. You are welcome to contact myself or any of the Admin and Mod team if you have further questions. We will gladly try clarify and help out.

I don't quite understand the rules about vendors posting in general threads so if I have posted this in an area that I can't please forgive me

For example ... If I was using a 0.5 ohm OCC coil on a subtank and I wanted to switch to a 1.2 ohm OCC coil
Or
That's a very interesting question. I'm curious to see what everyone else says. From my experience I've had bad results when washing the coil with water. I use to wrap the coils in a tissue but that also wasn't too great because the coils were never the same like what they used to be. I would say maybe leaving them in a bottle of juice will be the best option.

I have not experimented with this but I do agree with @daniel craig above that coils wrapped in tissue paper do not seem to be the same afterward. Maybe the juice dries on the wicks and it permanently damages it after a while.

Perhaps a solution might be to let it lie in an unflavoured PG/VG mix to keep everything moist - but I have not tried that.

The old solution for the commercial Evod coils was to let them lie overnight in Vodka and air dry the next day - but as I understand, that's more for cleaning not aimed at preservation. Maybe that would work too?

If the coil in a tank isn't too used/old, and I want to switch to a totally different flavour on the same tank, I clean them a bit if possible and then leave them in a bottle of VG while not in use. Seems to work fine. I've done this for the Crown coils and subtank coils so far.

Or

I don't believe there is an easy way to preserve it... I have tried a few times but once a coil has juice in it it starts to degrade for me anyway... any tanks or coils that has been used and then stored in any way ends up being useless for me. Even left in the tank with juice for any length of time kills the coil in my opinion.

My best guess at a solution would be to wash it and or soak it in vodka and then wash it and leave it to dry....

We clean ours, first in hot water and then in Vodka. So far so good. We haven't thrown any away because of the cleaning process, and sometimes the cleaned coils sit dry in a container for weeks.

Back