Do We Need To Consider A New (future) Name For The Forum?

VapeNorris.co.za?

Need to check if we can use Norris in that context as I think Chuck Norris and any connotation around the name be it in full or partially may be trademarked.

Need to check if we can use Norris in that context as I think Chuck Norris and any connotation around the name be it in full or partially may be trademarked.

That and he'd probably kick our butts.

Sent from my S4 LTE using my finger

Round house kick us to the next century. But VM has got us covered with the bruce Lengends Lee juice

I agree with @devdev on his original post. Thanks @devdev! We should be thinking about the future and plan ahead. Registering one or two domains costs relatively little and if we decide to change down the line we may kick ourselves for not registering something available now.

I have also read @Gizmo's reply that ecigs is a commonly searched term on Google at the moment.

My suggestions are as follows:

1. @Gizmo keeps a beady eye on the most commonly searched Google terms that are vape related. Say every few months.

2. We all work on potential names as we have done in this post. But perhaps give it more thought. And say we narrow it down to 3 names, which we then register. We can assess the name change at a later stage.

@BhavZ, suggested VapeSA. I also like this name quite a lot. It is simple. It encompasses only 2 things. Vaping and SA. But this name is taken.

I have played around with this and my suggestions are the following:
- SAVAPER.co.za - this domain is available
- SAVAPE.co.za - available
- SAVAPING.co.za - available

I actually think we should perhaps do this fairly quickly in case someone cybersquats on a name we think we all like.

I think SAVAPER.co.za has a good ring to it.

Sent from the TARDIS

For me this issue has 2 sides. People search for "ecigs"
Even i do, since i know this is the standard term if you are looking for current results. However i agree that the stigma needs to be killed between smoking and vaping. If the world sees it as 2 completely different activities, our lives will DRASTICALLY change. But we also want to catch those curious smokers who happen to use the wrong search term.
At home I exclusively use the term vaping or the phrase "where is my vaper?"
My kids will know the difference between monmie's smoking, and daddy's vaping, and will participate in neither.
However, if i catch them with cigarettes, I will personally buy them a vaping kit after being punished.

However, if i catch them with cigarettes, I will personally buy them a vaping kit after being punished.

Hahahaha, that is just awesome! Responsible and reasonable parent award for sure

Hahahaha, that is just awesome! Responsible and reasonable parent award for sure
Well I started at 13. I was caught at 14, had my biggest hiding ever. I quit for a month, if that, then started again. At 18 i smoked openly in front of both my parents.

Standard punishments does not work on addictions. Especially on teens. When i was a teen, clearly I was smarter than my dad.
The trick is to teach them the dangers. Tell them why i'm upset, and then give them an alternative.
Not ideal, but mom still smokes, so why cant they? How do I not make mom look bad, and teach them the better way. Vaping is simply the lesser of 2 evils. So reluctantly give that to them.
At least this is still very far away seeing as they are only 3 and 5 now.

I predict that, within 5 years from now, some countries will totally ban smoking now that the alternative of vaping is available.

I predict that, within 5 years from now, some countries will totally ban smoking now that the alternative of vaping is available.

I would love for that but government's make alot of money off sin tax, if there's no more smoking then they coming after us for that money.

Sent from my S4 LTE using my finger

Yeah they would probably come after us for the tax but then they cannot call it a sin tax as sin tax are charged on things that are known to degrade health but are addictive in nature.

Vaping in my opinion does not degrade ones health more than drinking coke would and vaping is not addictive, its obsessive.

What @mathee said could be a strong possibility. Unfortunately there will be some degree of regulation involved. Some degree of regulation will not be all bad. The question is how far will government try to push it.

Geez did I miss a nice debate by just being off for a couple of days in the kalahari! A lot of valid points in this thread.

Geez did I miss a nice debate by just being off for a couple of days in the kalahari! A lot of valid points in this thread.
Classic example of "sitting on the fence":D. How was the Kalahari trip - family gathering if I remember correctly?

Classic example of "sitting on the fence":D. How was the Kalahari trip - family gathering if I remember correctly?

Yes you're correct - apart from the horrible secondary roads (more pot holes than tar) it was great. The liver picked up a little damage due to the Irish part of family though. I've never seen that part of the kalahari so "thankfully" green! But the funniest was the locals, especially their nicknames; the local electrician (sparky) is called 'Piet Flux', his wife who is a 6 foot 2 woman is called; 'Lang Lies' and one of the local cattle farmers who has one short leg due to a) motorcycle accident and b) microlight accident is now called 'Jannie Sewe Sool' after receiving a prosthetic shoe with build up soles to compensate for the leg.

Yes you're correct - apart from the horrible secondary roads (more pot holes than tar) it was great. The liver picked up a little damage due to the Irish part of family though. I've never seen that part of the kalahari so "thankfully" green! But the funniest was the locals, especially their nicknames; the local electrician (sparky) is called 'Piet Flux', his wife who is a 6 foot 2 woman is called; 'Lang Lies' and one of the local cattle farmers who has one short leg due to a) motorcycle accident and b) microlight accident is now called 'Jannie Sewe Sool' after receiving a prosthetic shoe with build up soles to compensate for the leg.
Priceless!!

Reading through the various threads to try and catchup, and if /when you change the name, the word HELP should be in there. I've never come across a forum with such passion and quick assistance by fellow members as this forum!

I think some of you missed the point of my post or did not read it properly.

I didn't suggest a name change now - I agree that would be silly since we are growing stronger by the day. I said it was worth looking at the much bigger picture and identifying that ecig as a term may not serve the interests or purpose of the community in the future.

Vaping as a term is going main-stream and there will be a day when normal people understand that to vape means to use a battery with atomiser to boil a liquid.

I agree that ecig is the term that the general public will search under for a long time still. But consider that nearly every business on this forum is called 'something vapour' or 'vape something'. I don't see an eCigMountain or SkyBlueEcigs. We are looking at a future where vaping will be the common term that defines what we do.

I am suggesting that we plan ahead now. Things associated with cigarettes are already bad. Once the public understands that vaping is not bad (or anywhere nearly as dangerous as smoking) we should be ready to disassociate ourselves from cigarettes completely.

I am just saying we should be looking further down the road.

After re reading the initial post (I read it too quick- was on my phone) I agree that a name change in the future isn't a bad idea.

Yo @Gizmo are you watching this thread? Will you register one of the other future addresses or shall I?

Here's my view. This forum can be called whatever we like, at the moment ecig is a term thats well known and searched. I understand the need to move away from the negative connotations of analogs. Saying things like I don't smoke I vape. But the term ecig is used internationally and is easier to say than personal vaporiser which by the way is also something that is used for ashma sufferers so a bit ambiguous. The aim here is to have a place ppl can come to for advise and to learn about vaping. The trend for the past few years is that most people browse the web through search engines so as long as our content is good we will get hits. Should the name change in the future? Maybe it should but right now there is no need to do what Rudolph did with myBB. Unless the international trend for the name ecig drops we ok. Gizmo is keeping his eye on the stats and making tweaks constantly so all is good

My 2c

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

Back