Favourite Wick

What is your favourite wick material?

• Total voters
All I will say is Rayon FTW!!! I never really got the hang of drippers using silica or ekowool, since I got some Rayon, I've been having a awesome time.

I voted rayon. What I noticed is that rayon brings out way better flavour for dessert type of juices, however it mutes tobacco flavours. For tobacco flavours I still use organic cotton.
Great thread @Rob Fisher

thats very interesting. my adv is vm4 and i taste the caramel but the tobacco is only slightly there. will switch to cotton and see if it has a different taste. very useful thanks

For my needs, ecowool is the most convenient whilst still giving a good overall vape experience. I also sqonk a lot less.

For my needs, ecowool is the most convenient whilst still giving a good overall vape experience. I also sqonk a lot less.

You just saying that because touching rayon gives you goosebumps! ;-)

OK so Ekowool didnt do it for me before, simply because i could not rid of the artificial sock taste it gave off. Cotton was great, but I kept on burning mine. I got some Rayon from a colleague and it's amazing.

Then @RevnLucky7 got me taking another look at ekowool and having been on Rayon for a while the flavour explosion using ekowool was intense. It tasted as if the juice was dripping directly onto the coil and vapourising!

But it's a lot of admin to get ekowool right and still after you have torched the crap out of it you still initially get a funny taste. my first couple of strands i actually scorched, and never got the burn off it.

That said, for certain juices the effort is totally worth it. My go to mix of Peach Rooibos + Menthol Ice is an example. Lipton has a thing or two to learn when it comes to a refreshing ice tea.

Other juices such as the RocketFuel range benefit from the slight muting of the flavours and it balances them out nicely, on ekowool some of them were too potent.

My recommendation is to try the same juices with both and decide which juice tastes better with each type of wick material.

Got a sample of rayon from @Rob Fisher. He promised it will change my life, and I laughed it off. But it has! The flavour from rayon is far superior to cotton so there's that, but for me the best thing about rayon is the fact that I'm not having a sore throat and tight chest in the mornings anymore! Simply love the stuff!

I'll get some Rayon next.

However, I am a big fan of Jap cotton.

Boiled, fluff it up... It's like it's not even there, as wick. Holds juice well, wicks well, doesn't filter flavours and its sturdy, so it doesn't burn easy.

Good stuff

Going with Rayon because I tried a bit more flavours with it. Currently I'm experimenting with Japanese cotton and I must say it's quite good as well.

Doubt I'll ever be able to go back to organic cotton now.

Got a sample of rayon from @Rob Fisher. He promised it will change my life, and I laughed it off. But it has! The flavour from rayon is far superior to cotton so there's that, but for me the best thing about rayon is the fact that I'm not having a sore throat and tight chest in the mornings anymore! Simply love the stuff!

Glad it worked for you! @SunRam! It was a game changer for me too! :rock:

Back