Fresh Juice After 2 Hours In A Ultrasonic Cleaner With Hot Water.

What has that done to the juice? Sorry if that's a stupid question. I can't tell if it's a speed steep method or if the juice is reacting to something haha.

Basically one hour in a USC is like one week of steeping.

So that guy showed a juice after 2 weeks of steeping

@Alex , is that yours? - your pics? if so, are you happy with that US cleaner? (i've seen there are many sellers selling those on ebay, cheap. But also one or two others i thought looked ok.)

Not mine @Cat, but I know @devdev has one.

I need to know more about this, where do I get one(locally preferably for speed). I want it just for steeping.

How many 30ml bottles can you steep simultaneously? Do you just put distilled water in and let it run for 1-2 hrs ?

Gerry Optics is where I got mine.

http://goptics.co.za/?page_id=2406

Nice guy, Gerry's son runs the business and sold me mine. I know he also sorted @Rowan Francis out with one. We both have CD2840

You don't need distilled water, normal water or semi-used motor oil is perfect (only one of these is actually going to work) :D

Mine can hold more 30ml bottles than I would ever wish to steep at one time. I would say you could fit 30 in there without any issues. Where it does get more challenging is you want to steep in glass as plastic seems to dampen the ultrasonic vibrations.

It also works brilliantly for cleaning sunglasses, jewellery, pets (hamster size or less) and vaping gear

What was the price on that?

The one from the pic seems much smaller.
http://www.eyesite.co.za/gerryoptics/cd3800a.asp?mainbutton=equipment&navbutton=ultrasonic

I dont have much interest in cleaning my mods as I only have a Vaporshark DNA30 and an IPV v2 both of which seem dangerous to submerge in water and power on after.

Just wondering what the least expensive one would be as it would just be to steep juices. So it has to be in glass, guess I could get my hands on a bunch of 30ml glass bottles shouldn't be too hard :p

This one was +- R1450
ultrasonicCleaner_CD-4820.jpg

Here is a pic to indicate scale:

2014-08-24 17.30.46.jpg

Oooo just looked on Google maps and it looks pretty close by... mind you it's probably easier to just get them to deliver it to me.

Goose how much was it roughly? Do they have a shop where you can just go in and buy one? Maybe I should get one when I'm up your way this week... you never know when I need to clean a Hamster! :rock:

+- R1450. You are welcome to order one and have it delivered to my office and I can bring it to the Vape Meet.

I found my one hamster really enjoyed it, until I turned it on (the device, not the hamster) after that it went to sleep, and has been sleeping ever since. I tried to wake him, but he doesn't want to wake up

Thanks Goose! Will check if they have stock and if it's cheaper to deliver to the Goose and Hamster KILLER! ;)

Thanks Goose! Will check if they have stock and if it's cheaper to deliver to the Goose and Hamster KILLER! ;)

The hamster had given consent, I have the signed document here. He fully knew the risks.

The box it comes in is quite large, but you should be able to chuck the machine itself in a suitcase. You can also pack a lot of socks/juice/mods inside the ultrasonic chamber, so it won't be that much of a pain to travel with

The hamster had given consent, I have the signed document here. He fully knew the risks.

The box it comes in is quite large, but you should be able to chuck the machine itself in a suitcase. You can also pack a lot of socks/juice/mods inside the ultrasonic chamber, so it won't be that much of a pain to travel with

I'm coming in the Prado... will have plenty of space for vape gear and any dead hamsters! :rock:

Prado 2007-11-20 - 6.jpg

Lol suncoast, do they allow vaping in the non-smokers section?

I have found that steeping is best done in small shot type glasses. I run timer full (8min) 4 times then swiz with my swiz stick in my dremmel till white creamy then back in the ultrasonic for 32min.
Fresh juice to a month steep in an evening. Done

I have found that steeping is best done in small shot type glasses. I run timer full (8min) 4 times then swiz with my swiz stick in my dremmel till white creamy then back in the ultrasonic for 32min.
Fresh juice to a month steep in an evening. Done

Been looking on amazon for a decent one , seem you can pick one up for about R400 without the heating element and R900 with. From what I see devdev's has the heating function, does this make a HUGE difference in steeping your juices, does it drastically reduce steep times ?

http://www.amazon.com/Magnasonic-MG...eglass/dp/B007Q2M17K/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

vs

http://www.amazon.com/Kendal-Industrial-Digital-Ultrasonic-Cleaner/dp/B0018IIPFK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1408904567&sr=8-4&keywords=Ultrasonic Cleaner

Actually you don't use the heat function. Anything over 60 degrees causes the nic to oxidise and breakdown, but the transducers and vibrations heat up the unit enough without the additional heating element, so that assists, and does not get so hot that the nic suffers

I just did a little search and there are loads of various sizes on bidorbuy , even one for 60 bucks , but it looks like it's very small .

Check the USC thread on ECF before buying, some of the smaller machines got very poor reviews. The real cheapies are for cleaning jewellery and wont survive the repeated running times needed to steep juices without dying, and if they don't die, they wont be very good at it either

Back