Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Got this a while back from @BumbleBee at The Vape Guy

Am always on the lookout for a good MTL rebuildable RTA.

installing the supplied coil was quite straightforward
I used one of the supplied coils. Measures 0.76 ohms. Looks like a super fine clapton of sorts. I estimate 2.5mm ID. I watched snippets of the Mike Vapes video on this tank. He says it wasnt easy to trap clapton wire but I found it quite straightforward. Legs at the bottom of the coil on opposite post screws. Probably would be better if the coil was wrapped the other way around then the screws would tighten the "correct" way, but the little lip at the end of the trapping area helps.

fbf6d2df8f9f082522135e5a3bf9c63d.jpg

Wicking was easy
I used CB2 and thinned out the tails a bit, then wet the wick ends and "moulded" it into the juice ports. Dangling a bit lower than the bottom. It looked like i had too much wick on the one side but the tank screwed on no problem

cefda33b43faec5b86c6389151791ca7.jpg

Assemble, fill and vape

15578eb32212599ef971d96bd1327993.jpg

The vape is good on first try
Am using Havana Nightz. It's a tobacco juice from JOOSE-E-LIQZ I know well. About 12mg. With a little bit of menthol added. Am vaping it with one airhole open, which is a fairly tight MTL. Have also tried no airholes open and thats a bit tighter, i actually prefer that. Vaping at 18-20 Watts.

Interestingly, with all airholes open its "stuck in the middle" - way too loose for me for MTL and too tight for a decent restricted lung hit. So for me, this is a MTL tank.

The vape is not warm, quite coolish. Flavour is good. A bit better on the second toot when the coil has ramped up. Reasonably dense flavour. Not crisp and sharp, more rounded and dense with this coil. Decent throat hit.

It compares well to the Siren V2. Quite similar for me.

So far, no leaks or issues. Will have to see how it fares over time

Despite it being a good vape, its still not quite the same satisfying experience I get on my MTL tobacco Reo/RM2. Not really a fair comparison because that is a BF dripper and this is a tank with the action happening much further away from the mouth. I need to tinker some more and try different coils. But the flavour is good and the Rose seems to be a very good MTL tank. Maybe I need to experiment with different juices too.

Am happy with it and will continue vaping it and report back with future findings...

Last edited:
How many watts you vaping it at and how does it compare to the siren @Silver

About 20Watts @Rafique
Compares well to the Siren V2 22mm
I find it quite similar - also very quiet vaping action
Still early days with the rose - forst setup and juice - but it is doing very nicely

About 20Watts @Rafique
Compares well to the Siren V2 22mm
I find it quite similar - also very quiet vaping action
Still early days with the rose - forst setup and juice - but it is doing very nicely
Thanks for the review @Silver , sounds like a nice vape to me. I am hopefully going to be building mine today. I will replace the stock coil with a .6 to a .8 fine MTL coil. Going to do some Millionaires Shortbread in there. Will post once done.

Thanks for the review @Silver , sounds like a nice vape to me. I am hopefully going to be building mine today. I will replace the stock coil with a .6 to a .8 fine MTL coil. Going to do some Millionaires Shortbread in there. Will post once done.

Thanks @Room Fogger

Keen to hear your experiences with other coils. I also want to try a simple 28g and see if I can dial up the crispness. I worry to go too low on ID because those channels might not be filled enough. Need to try it though for science.

Been vaping on it quite a bit today
It's nice and has good flavour - so far no leaks or issues
Definitely liking it with all the airholes closed. Lol. Nice and tight - not as tight as the Siren 2 all closed. Hehe

Also liking the VTC Mini that feels very comfortable driving it. Tiny overhang, but not noticeable with the VTC Mini sleeve.

As promised, I coiled up the Rose and gave it a comfortable seat, here is a part if the journey,
It came in a velvet box and it just looks the part,
45F33995-CB9E-4172-B7D7-FA8F3804DA18.jpeg
Coiling was really easy, this is a great deck to build on, nice little superfine MTL Ni80 coil at 0.71 ohm.
D4F0D529-A7A6-4F14-B5A5-DCC19E0BF819.jpeg
Filled with some Millionairs Shortbread at 18 to 20 W, still going to play around a bit. I replaced the stock tip with another which feels morecomfortable to me.
676A3EE8-4374-47A0-98A3-B5E3CF90DBDC.jpeg
Will update as the week progresses but really enjoying it, nice full mouthfeel and taste is there. Cotton just needs to settle a bit asi am back on Royal for this round.

watching thread with interest .... been on the MTL trip myself .... still prefer my OG Merlin Mini works a treat still.

This seems right up there .....

watching thread with interest .... been on the MTL trip myself .... still prefer my OG Merlin Mini works a treat still.

This seems right up there .....
I still use the Merlin Mini but every now and then I experience 'air lock'. It isn't a wicking issue because if I open the top cap, it wicks fine and then Air locks again. I've tried using the least amount of cotton possible (just enough so it doesn't leak) and it still occurs. That is why I now use the Savour MTL.

The Rose MTL is continuing...

For those that are interested I wanted to see my puff stats after one tankful of juice on a fresh battery.

A tankful of juice took me 277 puffs. 752 seconds. So just under 3 seconds per puff on average. Am using a purple efest 18650 2500 mah "oldish" battery in there. The good news is that the battery lasted the full tank. Was vaping at around 20 Watts.

d9e397be375ba6731797a70b08049638.jpg

Have refilled twice. So far so good. Flavour is good. Bit better on the second toot once the coil ramps up. Still using the supplied Clapton. At 0.75 ohms. It's a bit sluggish when you pick it up cold and take the first toot - but not a problem. A quick toot and its rocking.

Driptip gets a little bit wet occasionally. Not a biggie though. Next step for me is to investigate other drip tips. I may try my Reo/RM2 longish concave one on here - I think it will be better.

Still liking the draw with all air holes closed. Nice and tight.

I think the tank takes close to 4ml of juice. Not 3.5. Or somewhere in between ;-) Need to measure with a syringe...

Am liking it as a 'backup MTL'. Not as good flavour as my RM2 on the Reo. But it's still very good and I am enjoying it.

Interestingly am also enjoying putting the great VTC Mini back into service. Love this little dependable mod.

For those that are interested I wanted to see my puff stats after one tankful of juice on a fresh battery.

A tankful of juice took me 277 puffs. 752 seconds. So just under 3 seconds per puff on average. Am using a purple efest 18650 2500 mah "oldish" battery in there. The good news is that the battery lasted the full tank. Was vaping at around 20 Watts.

Have refilled twice. So far so good. Flavour is good. Bit better on the second toot once the coil ramps up. Still using the supplied Clapton. At 0.75 ohms. It's a bit sluggish when you pick it up cold and take the first toot - but not a problem. A quick toot and its rocking.

Driptip gets a little bit wet occasionally. Not a biggie though. Next step for me is to investigate other drip tips. I may try my Reo/RM2 longish concave one on here - I think it will be better.

I think the tank takes close to 4ml of juice. Not 3.5. Or somewhere in between ;-) Need to measure with a syringe...

Am liking it as a 'backup MTL'. Not as good flavour as my RM2 on the Reo. But it's still very good and I am enjoying it.

Interestingly am also enjoying putting the great VTC Mini back into service. Love this little dependable mod.
Nice to see VTC minis still rocking on, they were such great mods :)

@Silver, try a normal round wire coil in there, 26g SS or 24g Ni80 works like a charm, more crisp and less ramp up.

Nice to see VTC minis still rocking on, they were such great mods :)

@Silver, try a normal round wire coil in there, 26g SS or 24g Ni80 works like a charm, more crisp and less ramp up.

Thanks @BumbleBee - will do
Will do it when I change the coil -

Replaced my driptip with an Aspire Nautilus one, much better.

Update on the Rose MTL.

I needed a pitstop and to change the coil so thought I would document it here and give some commentary.

My coil has been running in there for a few months. Not exclusive use but I think a change would be good.

Using another of the supplied coils in the kit because I liked the first one. It's a Clapton coil of sorts. 5 wraps. 2.5mm ID because my 2.5mm screwdriver fits perfectly.

Nice looking coil

0ceaf7d09710a5cccf889303d90782f9.jpg

Install the coil. Very easy in this tank. The posts trap it nicely. It ohms out at 0.75 ohms.

693d9bc2a68105f05f08694dcd19799e.jpg

acbdfb35a00e58c93e92974e4c967690.jpg

Wicking with CB2 because it's a tobacco tank for me. And I like CB2 for tobacco. Wicking this tank is very easy. Just get the tails to touch the deck. 2.5mm ID seems to give the correct thickness to fill the cutout juice inlets on the way down to the deck.

32eee8091c9f619eac7d8562e90b1c52.jpg

And now for the Juice. It's Havana Nightz by JOOS-E-LIQZ. This is a glorious Tobacco for me and has been in this tank since the start. Love this juice a lot.

Didn't fill the tank at first. I don't have my altered higher Nic Menthol version ready. So it's just naked Havana Nightz.

5e2119236dfdb5e29216934a57c6d846.jpg

And what can I say after several months of pretty much daily use.

I like this tank a lot for MTL on Havana Nightz!

I use one small airhole open and it produces a nice and tight MTL draw.

Flavour is very good. Although the coil is not too crisp, more dense , I've grown to like it. Deep good flavour. Not quite RM2 flavour on the Reo but this setup with this coil suits the juice very well for me. Vaping at around 20 Watts.

And throat hit is very good. Gives me a proper punch.

The tank is easy to fill and easy to pitstop. No leaking. So I am happy with it and will continue using it.

I can recommend the Rose MTL for those looking for a tight MTL tobacco tank with good flavour that's reliable.

Last edited:
Update on the Rose MTL.

I needed a pitstop and to change the coil so thought I would document it here and give some commentary.

My coil has been running in there for a few months. Not exclusive use but I think a change would be good.

Using another of the supplied coils in the kit because I liked the first one. It's a Clapton coil of sorts. 5 wraps. 2.5mm ID because my 2.5mm screwdriver fits perfectly.

Nice looking coil

0ceaf7d09710a5cccf889303d90782f9.jpg

Install the coil. Very easy in this tank. The posts trap it nicely.

693d9bc2a68105f05f08694dcd19799e.jpg

acbdfb35a00e58c93e92974e4c967690.jpg

Wicking with CB2 because it's a tobacco tank for me. And I like CB2 for tobacco. Wicking this tank is very easy. Just get the tails to touch the deck. 2.5mm ID seems to give the correct thickness to fill the cutout juice inlets on the way down to the deck.

32eee8091c9f619eac7d8562e90b1c52.jpg

And now for the Juice. It's Havana Nightz by JOOS-E-LIQZ. This is a glorious Tobacco for me and has been in this tank since the start. Love this juice a lot.

Didn't fill the tank at first. I don't have my altered higher Nic Menthol version ready. So it's just naked Havana Nightz.

5e2119236dfdb5e29216934a57c6d846.jpg

And what can I say after several months of pretty much daily use.

I like this tank a lot for MTL on Havana Nightz!

I use one small airhole open and it produces a nice and tight MTL draw.

Flavour is very good. Although the coil is not too crisp, more dense , I've grown to like it. Deep good flavour. Not quite RM2 flavour on the Reo but this setup with this coil suits the juice very well for me.

And throat hit is very good. Gives me a proper punch.

The tank is easy to fill and easy to pitstop. No leaking. So I am happy with it and will continue using it.

I can recommend the Rose MTL for those looking for a tight MTL tobacco tank with good flavour that's reliable.
@Silver , I use mine weekly, especially for fruits, something just happens in there. But it doesn’t like mango! May be my coils though.

Maybe I should give it a try with tobacco as well, I have been using the Siren 2’s exclusively for this. Sounds like a plan to me. This RTA may seem a bit more expensive than some others, but just slightly so, but is a great investments that will allow you a slightly constricted DL hit, or a tight MTL experience.

Going to look if I can find out what those coils are as they are great in there. Fine MTL wire also works. Can you perhaps give the resistance of those coils for record purposes, I didn’t write them down.

@Silver , I use mine weekly, especially for fruits, something just happens in there. But it doesn’t like mango! May be my coils though.

Maybe I should give it a try with tobacco as well, I have been using the Siren 2’s exclusively for this. Sounds like a plan to me. This RTA may seem a bit more expensive than some others, but just slightly so, but is a great investments that will allow you a slightly constricted DL hit, or a tight MTL experience.

Going to look if I can find out what those coils are as they are great in there. Fine MTL wire also works. Can you perhaps give the resistance of those coils for record purposes, I didn’t write them down.

Thanks @Room Fogger

Sure thing
The one i have in there now came out at 0.75 ohms. Will also add it to my post above
I think its a superfine clapton alot like the Vandyvape wire, but maybe with a bit higher resistance
So am not sure of what wire they use, maybe slightly thinner core wire

Back