Glass & Metal mouth pieces (Drip tips)

DaveH

Vaping Enthusiast
LV

Awards
This design.
Pyrex Shorty Drip Tip .jpg
Sometimes acrylic is used in place of glass, what I would like to know is how is this glass/acrylic fixed to the metal.
Is it just glue if so what glue would be used?
Dave

Either expensive super glue or 2 part epoxy I would guess.

Hi @shaunnadan so you think an expensive super glue would be OK
What constitutes an expensive super glue, besides the fact it is expensive - is it for medical use?
Dave

What constitutes an expensive super glue, besides the fact it is expensive - is it for medical use?
Dave

Like more than R20 glue, lol. The cheap glues are only good for sticking fingers together and nothing else !

Consider using q-bond or locktite

Dave

I did some emergency dental work on a relatives dentures. So got some q-bond and then glued the broken denture. Afterwards I sanded it smooth where the glue over-spread and then popped the denture into the ultrasonic to "sanitize" it .

Aunty isn't complaining so I'm sure it's safe. Lol

I did some emergency dental work on a relatives dentures. So got some q-bond and then glued the broken denture. Afterwards I sanded it smooth where the glue over-spread and then popped the denture into the ultrasonic to "sanitize" it .

Aunty isn't complaining so I'm sure it's safe. Lol

Am very impressed, but are you a dentist?

@shunnadan knows his stuff

I'm not a doctor, but I operate :)

Cool brother, no offense intended in my last post, but my current dentist would be better suited to a profession in bricklaying or plumbing. Have a great New Year.

I'm thinking about making one - I just didn't want to poison myself.
Dave

I'm thinking about making one - I just didn't want to poison myself.
Dave

Im thinking the heat could cause the CA glue to gas off a bit, it might contain some unpleasantries and not something Id chance.
Id go with a clear silicone sealer that is fish safe used in aquariums,ie food safe too. They usually dont have acetic acid as the curing agent.

Im thinking the heat could cause the CA glue to gas off a bit, it might contain some unpleasantries and not something Id chance.
Id go with a clear silicone sealer that is fish safe used in aquariums,ie food safe too. They usually dont have acetic acid as the curing agent.
Hi @blujeenz I'm also a little concerned with regard to the CA or any glue 'gassing off'. Whichever glue I use I need to be sure it is 100% safe.
Dave

Calling @johan

I remember a post long ago about the amount of heat needed to vaporize glue. We were discussing the use of glue inside an atty

Calling @johan

I remember a post long ago about the amount of heat needed to vaporize glue. We were discussing the use of glue inside an atty

Vaguely remember less today than other days ;). In this instance, I will only suggest the use of 2-part clear epoxy (Prattley) and nothing else. On the Prattley leaflet and most probably on their product website, they will mention the maximum heat tolerances - epoxy can handle much more heat, than you can generate in the average atty.

This design.
View attachment 42146
Sometimes acrylic is used in place of glass, what I would like to know is how is this glass/acrylic fixed to the metal.
Is it just glue if so what glue would be used?
Dave

@DaveH did you specifically want this copper and glass design, my son had a very similar one in his V8 atomizer and he complained that it always looked grotty as if he had drooled in it.
IMG_1919.jpg

@DaveH did you specifically want this copper and glass design, my son had a very similar one in his V8 atomizer and he complained that it always looked grotty as if he had drooled in it.
Hi @blujeenz -no ...... not copper it tarnishes too badly. I'm thinking stainless and getting it gold plated.
I thought the gold would compliment my personality :rolleyes: :D :D :D
Dave

Thank you guys for all your input and help. :)
I've decided not to bother, at least not at the moment may be in the future.
Dave

Back