Help! My beloved MVP needs a resus

Raslin

Reonaut, Diy Flavour Chaser
LV

Awards
Ok to put tank on my mvp and it did not fire, ohm reader says NON. So I pulled the pin up a little... still no luck.

Tried the tank on another battery, fires no problem. No other atty works on yhe mvp.

Please help. Somebody help. Call 911...

Call @Rowan Fransis!! The Vape Sergeant. Fixed my MVP with that same problem

Send while vaping on the Reo mini Thor

Ok to put tank on my mvp and it did not fire, ohm reader says NON. So I pulled the pin up a little... still no luck.

Tried the tank on another battery, fires no problem. No other atty works on yhe mvp.

Please help. Somebody help. Call 911...
If you have a multimeter you can put it on dc volts . Negative wire on the outside of the 510 and the positive on the pin inside the 510 . Fire it and see if you get a reading .

I have fix a couple of them where the wire inside that connects your positive pin came off . Just a re solder and it should be fine

I notice your post @annemarievdh didn't tag Rowan properly

@Rowan Francis - would you care to offer your advice on how you fixed Annemarie's MVP?

Thanka for the quick replies guys and @annemarievdh. I will breakout the meter and check.

@Rowan Francis would definitely like to here how you fixed it.

This feels like I lost my favourite pet.

The insulation on the centre pin eventually craps out. Take it all out and re insulate. I generally use shrink wrap and a really itty bitty o ring. That sorts it out, also brings up the pin to meet the contact better.

Sounds simple, can I take thw pin out from the top without opening the device? Where can I source a ring? I thought of a drip tip o ring? Will that work?

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Yah you can do it from the top, bit fiddly but do able. O ring needs to be way smaller than that, needs to be a snug fit on the center pin shaft.

Great Thanks, I will try to source one tomorrow.

Phew at was a close one Jeeves. We almost lost Gina.

But thanks to the forum, Gina is back and working even better. Followed both @jtgrey and @Rowan Francis advice.

Now I can even fire my evod2 and Gina is happy.

Thanks guys and @Silver and @annemarievdh for all the quick response and support. And you to @Marzug.

Once again this forum rocks.

Here my beauty.
63830dfcaf1423ca93bc7c3d610002b9.jpg

Phew at was a close one Jeeves. We almost lost Gina.

But thanks to the forum, Gina is back and working even better. Followed both @jtgrey and @Rowan Francis advice.

Now I can even fire my evod2 and Gina is happy.

Thanks guys and @Silver and @annemarievdh for all the quick response and support. And you to @Marzug.

Once again this forum rocks.
Glad you that you got her up and running again

Sorry to hijack this thread . Id just like to know where u got that oring from. Thanks

not really nessesary , you can just pull up the center pin and try that way , it's just that some don't have enough wire and you can't get the pin far enough out to wrap it with shrink wrap sleeve .. i got a handfull of tiny tiny orings at a mica hardware in my travels ..

Guys I know this is an old thread but just some heads up with O-rings. A scuba divers best friend is an O-ring. It keeps the bubbles where they suppose to be... where you can breath them. So one thing a scuba diver always has is a but load of O-rings. most dive shops will sell you a kit with a couple of sizes of O-rings in them and they are generally not that expensive.

One place I can point out quickly is http://www.divetek.co.za/divetek-o-ring-kit/

this has saved me a couple of times Diving and Vaping. Nothing worse then sitting on a boat 4km into the ocean and have an O-ring pop. it becomes a very long dive when your not on it.

Guys I know this is an old thread but just some heads up with O-rings. A scuba divers best friend is an O-ring. It keeps the bubbles where they suppose to be... where you can breath them. So one thing a scuba diver always has is a but load of O-rings. most dive shops will sell you a kit with a couple of sizes of O-rings in them and they are generally not that expensive.

One place I can point out quickly is http://www.divetek.co.za/divetek-o-ring-kit/

this has saved me a couple of times Diving and Vaping. Nothing worse then sitting on a boat 4km into the ocean and have an O-ring pop. it becomes a very long dive when your not on it.

Nice tip! You can never have too many o-rings - unless you have a million, that's too much :D

Hi guys,

I'm having the same issue. Watched a whole lot of videos about changing the insulator and today I had to do it as picking the pin up didn't get it to fire. This wasn't the problem.

The entire pin came off without much resistance ince I got it up more than half way and the positive wire is actually broken and it needs the soldering to be done. So I proceeded to open all the hexagon screws on the top and then the bottom to try and get to it (not that I even have a soldering iron). However I cant get either part off to even get to see the wire.

HELP!!!

Yes its fun to get the rest out . If you are in the jhb area i can assist

Back