Intake RTA from Augvape

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Intake RTA from Augvape. The Intake RTA was supplied for the purpose of this review by Fiona from Augvape.

Introduction

The Intake RTA is a single build RTA with a top to bottom airflow design, it's a collaboration between augvape amd Mike Vapes and has an innovative airflow system to get bottom airflow from a top-airflow leakproof design.

http://www.augvape.com/product/intake-rta/

In the Box

Contents:

1x AUGVAPE INTAKE RTA 4.2ml
1x Spare Straight Glass Tube 2.5ml
1x Higher profile 810
1x 510 Drip Tip Adapter
1x T-piece tool
1x Accessory bag

Aesthetics

The Intake RTA comes in the usual Augvape tube packaging, i received the Blue version, the Intake is also available in Stainless Steel, Gun Metal and Black. The Blue version i received is a Matte Blue with air chamber also being the same Matte Blue as the bottom and top sections of the tank. On the front of the air chamber the word "Intake" is etched on in fancy font, the bottom section is quite a narrow band with slight texturing. The top see's a dual cyclops with stopper airflow control with average size slots, above this is the top-cap which tapers inwards towards the top and has heavy geometric texturing. Sitting on top is an 810 Blue wide bore delrin drip tip, the Intake comes pre-installed with a bulge glass tube (which isn't over bulged). Moving to the bottom of the RTA we have (printed in Gold) branding and safety stamps, the protruding 510 is Gold plated. The threading, machining and finish all seem very high quality.

Intake RTA Specs and Features:

Size: 24 x 50.5mm
Drip Tip: 810 Delrin Drip Tip/510 Drip Tip with an Adaptor
Coil Building: Single Coil
810 Delrin drip tip
510 adapter included
Top to Bottom airflow direct to the coil
4.2ml e-juice capacity with leak proof system
Dual posts build deck with easy single coil installation
Thread: 510 thread
Colours: Blue, Stainless Steel, Gun Metal, Black

Disassembling and Assembling the Intake

The Intake RTA comes apart into it's various parts very easily, firstly the drip tip pulls out and can be replaced with your own 810 or the provided higher profile 810, with the use of the included 510 adaptor you can also fit your own 510. The top-cap only needs turning slightly and it pops straight off, it's the same top-cap design that has been used on various tanks of late including the Zeus. The Bottom of the tank with deck can be unscrewed from the air chamber which then allows you to wiggle the glass free just leaving the final piece the air chamber with attached juice port ring. When the tank is put back together which can be done just as easy as taking it apart the 4.2ml bulge glass can be changed for the 2.5ml straight glass tube if you prefer.

The Airflow

Top airflow single RTA's are what by choice i use for vaping, in my opinion some of the innovative ways genuine bottom airflow is achieved via a top airflow system has improved the flavour greatly although many will still argue they get better flavour from complete bottom airflow systems and if that's what they find that's what they find, add to that the quickness and ease of a single build and a leakproof design for me it's the way to vape. The airflow is very innovative on the Intake i definitely haven't come across a design like this before, rather than having a double wall which is the common practice the Intake goes for a false ceiling (the best way i can describe it). There are two large holes in the ceiling and 2 large tubes protruding up from the deck which slot into these holes, the false ceiling also reduces the height of the air chamber so the the narrower air pipe is extended slightly (between the 2 ceilings). The air comes in through the top adjustable airflow slots and enters the cavity between the 2 ceilings, it then travels down the 2 tubes and goes underneath the deck, on the deck there is a line of 3 large rectangular air outlets which will allow the air to hit the entire bottom of your coil and swirl around the sides before heading upwards through the air chamber then the air pipe.

The Deck and Build

The deck on the Intake is for a single build and is almost GTA in style with your cotton poking through the juice ports to dangle in the juice below. I did think that the 2 tubes would hinder fitting the coil but with it being a single build they don't at all. The tubes are positioned diagonally to each other as are the posts which have large quality philips grub screws. The legs enter the posts from the sides and if there is anything i would change i would prefer lips on the opening of the side post holes to keep your legs in place, it's still easy enough but you do need to hold your legs in place. Wicking as already mentioned is just a matter of poking your cotton ends through the juice ports, after priming the build and screwing the base section back on the tank it's time to fill. As mentioned the top-cap is a design seen before which i am a big fan of as there is no threading involved just a quarter turn and it's off revealing 2 filling ports, to secure the top-cap back into place is again just a quarter turn.

My Experience Using the Intake

Still rocking it as i write this review it certainly does it for me. Looking at the airflow outlets on the deck i was expecting loads of air but actually it is a restricted lung hit even with the airflow wide open but that's just how i like it, one thing very noticeable is the smoothness (it is very smooth). I have been getting plenty of flavour with the Intake but comparing it like to like with other RTA's after just a couple of builds wouldn't be a fair comparison but it's very competitive to other flavour RTA's from my experience so certainly sitting at the top table, i did find using a 510 for me suited the tank better but that's just me and others may well prefer an 810. Something to point out is that there is no manual, i have never used a manual for a tank ever as far as i can remember but that's not the point, their should be one included.

Nice looking
Quality machining
Innovative airflow
Easy build
510 adaptor included
Comes with 2 810's
Spare glass
Grub screws good quality
I got very good flavour
Very smooth airflow

Dislikes

Would prefer lips on side post holes to keep legs in place
Not me but some people would prefer more air
No manual

I would once again like to thank Fiona from Augvape for supplying the Intake RTA for the purpose of this review.

http://www.augvape.com/product/intake-rta/

Nice review @Timwis

I love my intake. Been using it non stop since I got it. I love the easy wicking. Even I can do it and that’s saying something :clap:

Back