Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Hi fellow forumites

This damn RX200 of mine has been giving me atomizer short messages the past few days when using the Hadaly.

I unscrew the Hadaly. Wipe inside the 510 of the RX200 and screw it back on and all is good again. For a day or half a day. Then it starts with its atomizer short error. And doesn't fire.

I've checked most of the usual things. Post screws are tight. No visual shorts apparent. Happens with and without the Hadaly cap so it's not anything touching the cap.

Have checked the Hadaly on two other mods (minikin 1.5 and hotcig150) and it works fine. Put it back on RX200 and it says short.

I jiggled the 510 with a flat screwdriver. Interestingly I noticed it is not springloaded or if it is - it is very tight. After jiggling the 510, the Hadaly is firing again. But I suspect something is still not right.

Am getting frustrated with this RX200. Not only does it not have much battery life in my view for a 3 battery mod - but now the short errors.

Here are some pics. Maybe someone can share if they've had similar issues with the RX200 and how it was remedied.

Hadaly on top of RX200

79fe264275a366b95501c6c19098d877.jpg

510 of RX200

86e5fd51990194b0c8559610d3d0ac61.jpg

Underside of Hadaly

8da2c56b7d35e04621effd50d842fadd.jpg

The only thing I can think of is that the 510 on the RX200 has lost its springload function and somehow it's not connecting properly. Or maybe the Hadaly connection doesn't like the RX200 anymore.

Maybe someone can advise who has had this issue

Ok the plot thickens

I tried the Hadaly on the Cuboid Mod. Also atomiser short error

So this is weird
On the RX200 and cuboid i get atomiser short error
But on the Minikin 1.5 and Hotcig150 it works fine
Very strange

I think its to do with the 510 connection compatibility going a bit off
But strange because i havent fiddled with the 510 on the Hadaly since i got it and it worked fine

In my limited experience I had this intermitted short twice, and both times it was due to a coil wire that was not screwed down properly. Even if it is screwed tight the screw might not catch/hold the wire down properly. I see your coil is basically 2 wires running parralel(dont know what you call that coil) but maybe one of the 4 wire at the two post is not making proper contact and thus ohms is jumping around and you get a short message on some devices. Maybe try a single wire coil, screwed down properly and test

Murphy...
I'd seperate ALL the parts from the Hadaly, do a normal wash and rinse, and then ensure everything is put back together snug and toight.
There could be very fine metal shavings that accumulate over time that causes issues, or a tiny piece of snipped off wire hiding in plain sight.

I had a similar issue on a Billow v2 due to fatigue on the PEEK insulator holding the center terminals, where it was dragged off-center when tightened, causing an annoying atomizer short on the inside of the atty. I had to file the center pin slightly to narrow it at the top part that screws into the atty.

On my Wismec Predator, the crappy press-fitted outer threaded ring of the 510 terminal deposited fine metal shavings on the cup for the center pin as it worked loose, which also caused annoying atomizer short messages until I opened it, cleaned it out and eventually stuck the bugger back in place with Pratley Quickset Steel. It's still working, unfortunately.

Thanks @Kuhlkatz
I think you right - a good strip and clean of the Hadaly is in order.

@jm10 no i havent tried the bf pin yet, only used the hadaly in dripping mode so far. Of my stripping and cleaning doesnt work i will try that.

Thanks @Vaporator00 , it is a fairly new coil so i dont think it has degraded much

Ok I cleaned out the Hadaly and removed the coil and all the bits and pieces.
Gave it a wash
Undid the bottom 510 and put it back together
All seems to be ok

Making some progress because I screwed it into the RX200 without a coil and got the no atomiser error message. Same on the cuboid. Different message to the short message before. So I think we have progress.

Going to build another coil and try again to see if it works this time

Ok I made a new coil for the Hadaly after cleaning it all up

And it's working for now.

Let's see how this goes. Am not trusting that it's been sorted out but am hoping it settles.

My wife came to see what I was doing and asked why I make such a mess for such a small gadget.

Lol she is right

8a3167f94f1b16ca4572e6c9b7833153.jpg

Back