Kanger Tech Unitank

Hein510

Creator of Ohm1 Eliquid range
LV

Awards
Kanger Kanger Kanger! Oh what have you done! First you give us products that work after you work out the gurgle and now you give us this!!! Its like moving backwards to the stone age!!!

Ok so Ive been using this Unitank now for about a week I think. And all I can say is its been a struggle. But there is some other things that goes for this unit.

So its basically a PT2 that is filled from the top! Works with normal Kanger single coils like the PT2 takes and has a nice big tank. Quality of this product is top notch but the technology going into this unit is a bust!

If you take it apart its as follows from the bottom up:
The base with your 510 conection
The coil
Spring that fits over the coil
Chimney that fits over the spring
Tank goes over everything and screws onto the base
Top filler cap screws into tank
and the tip

With such a lot of parts on something this size something has to go wrong sometime!!!

Now the tank has 2 compartments in it, a small compartment at the coil and a large compartment at the top. Now when you open the top up it pops of because the chimney part is spring loaded and it seals off the top compartment of the tank with a silicone seal. Now when that chimney goes up and seals the top compartment it lets juice into the chimney and into the coil which creates an instant gurgle.

When you fill the top compartment and you put the top filler cap back on its a real struggle to get it pressed down (spring loaded chimney) and get the threads to take so you can screw it down. When you screw it down the chimney opens the seal between the top and bottom compartments and the juice slowly works it way down to the coil.

So I vape this unit till its empty before I think of taking off that filler cap, and I've made me a tool with an earbud that can be pressed down the chimney to soak up excess juice. And when you get the hang of this unit and can get past not refilling before its empty it is well ..... a decent piece of equipment.

Vapes nice, vapour production is good, everything you would expect from a PT2.

2014-03-18 22.53.50.jpg

Thanks for the report back. Pity Kanger cannot sort out the gurgling issues. With the rate that new tanks are coming out I fear some manufacturers do not spend enough testing time and by default consumers become the Guinea pigs.

Thanks for the review Hein
Most helpful.
I was considering this tank at one stage but now i will give it a pass

Thanks @Hein510 for the info, looks like the mPT2 might actually be kanger's flagship tank, with the rest being sub-par

Yes, thank you so much for taking the time to tell us. Certainly will not be a future consideration for me.

Thanks @Hein510 for the info, looks like the mPT2 might actually be kanger's flagship tank, with the rest being sub-par
Don't forget the Aero Tank it's very good that. I'm not buying anymore clearo's but if I had to that would be my choice.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

Im gonna modify the unitank so that that spring wont be needed. If I mess it up I still have my PT2.

Will let you guys know how it goes and try to take pics of the modification.

Sent from my GT-S5300 using Tapatalk 2

Back