Kayfun 2.1 Mini Thoughts?

Well, i tried mine, but still leaks, so till i find a soloution i am just going to wait. Have tried all methods and still no luck.

Yes I'm also interested to see. Got one about 2 months back and haven't had the balls to coil it when I saw the small deck.

Hehehehe, I'm stressing a bit cause that deck is minute, but desperate for my wife to take to rebuildables. I also want to wick with ecowool instead of the supplied silica. I need to watch a few youtube tutorials too.

Well, i tried mine, but still leaks, so till i find a soloution i am just going to wait. Have tried all methods and still no luck.

Can't for the life of me find it now, but i saw a video somewhere (but i know it wasnt youtube) where the guy said he solved it by overstuffing the rest of the deck with, what would be considered WAY TOO MUCH in a regular Kayfun, copious amounts of cotton.

So I'm just guessing here... build like you normally would, and then go apeshit on the cotton to fill up the rest of the deck.
I honestly can't imagine what side-effects this might have on draw airflow, etc - but at least cotton is cheap...

EDIT-Update: I found the video I was thinking of, but apparently completely got what he said all messed up.

Last edited:
Do you experience any leaking as mentioned by @Ash?
Nope. No issues. Vaped the tank finished twice without issues. It's just in the beginning when you filled it that the pressure needs to balance out. I blow the access juice out of the airflow and then it clears up within 3 toots. No leaks from then.

I have built mine exactly the same as I do my KF 3.1 - same coil, same amount of cotton. I top fill the mini while holding the air hole closed - no leaks yet.

Maybe I should grab the microscope and start coiling the thing and give it a try.

Nope. No issues. Vaped the tank finished twice without issues. It's just in the beginning when you filled it that the pressure needs to balance out. I blow the access juice out of the airflow and then it clears up within 3 toots. No leaks from then.

@TylerD thanks again for your input. So did you top fill and then blow thru the airhole before replacing the top cap? Do you think a single strand of 2ml ecowool will work?

@TylerD thanks again for your input. So did you top fill and then blow thru the airhole before replacing the top cap? Do you think a single strand of 2ml ecowool will work?
I fill from the top while keeping the Air hole closed, then Istar screwing the top back on and at the last threads, I turn it around and open the airhole while fastening the top. (if this makes sense.) I then turn it around and blow the juice out of the chamber. (keep a tissue at the air hole:D) Then suck and blow a bit and fire her up. Works for me.
I haven't tried ekowool on it yet, but I'm sure it would be fine.

Ok thanks to the guys for their input. Ended up with a 1.9 ohm micro coil 28g kanthal wire wicked with cotton. Biggest mission was getting the legs around the screws. Had a little leaking out the airhole initially but after a few blows it cleared up. I'm sure with a bit of practice I'll get the build and set up sorted. HRH is in 7th heaven with it paired on 1600 mah spinner.

Big thanks to @TylerD for the initial recommendation.

Back