Kayfun help needed!

s kajee

Flavour chaser
LV

Awards
Hi guys. I have a kayfun lite plus clone. I'm relatively clued up on coils meaning I know how to build a simple coil. I also have a smok m65 which I popped my kayfun onto. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be the case, but my twisp makes more vapour than my kayfun? I intended using this kayfun for mouth to lung inhales but I'm not enjoying it at all. Is this tank meant for mouth to lung? I've used 24g kanthal. Is it maybe too thick? I'm considering getting a Nautilus mini because I'm not happy with this kayfun. Can someone please tell me if the reason that I'm not enjoying it is because I'm not building it right or is it just a crap vape all in all? And whether I should keep it instead of paying R400 for a Nautilus mini? 'Can this kayfun be enjoyed?' is the BIG QUESTION.
Thanks in advance, any advice would be helpful!

I
Hi guys. I have a kayfun lite plus clone. I'm relatively clued up on coils meaning I know how to build a simple coil. I also have a smok m65 which I popped my kayfun onto. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be the case, but my twisp makes more vapour than my kayfun? I intended using this kayfun for mouth to lung inhales but I'm not enjoying it at all. Is this tank meant for mouth to lung? I've used 24g kanthal. Is it maybe too thick? I'm considering getting a Nautilus mini because I'm not happy with this kayfun. Can someone please tell me if the reason that I'm not enjoying it is because I'm not building it right or is it just a crap vape all in all? And whether I should keep it instead of paying R400 for a Nautilus mini? 'Can this kayfun be enjoyed?' is the BIG QUESTION.
Thanks in advance, any advice would be helpful!
I'm no expert on kayfun's though I own a version 6 type klantis . They're known for lack of air flow and generally work at lower watts.I usually build w/28g on those type of tanks and yes perhaps the 24g is a bit thick.Hope some of the Kayfun users chime in w/ some pearls of forum wisdom.

I have a smok M65 and Kayfun lite V2 in regular rotation and there is definitely nothing wrong with the combo. I build the kayfun using 28G kanthal, 1.2Ω, 2mm ID, KGD cotton @ 12.5W. Plenty of vapour for mouth to lung.

Hi @s kajee
As the other guys said, try 28g kanthal and go for around 1 ohm to 1.2 ohm
Say 7 wraps around 2mm diameter for the coil

Not sure what power you were vaping it on, but maybe the 24g wire was taking way too long to heat up?

Hi @s kajee

Not sure what power you were vaping it on, but maybe the 24g wire was taking way too long to heat up?
Thanks! I will definitely give it a try with 28g and let you guys know!

I've done a few 24 and 26awg spaced coils that come out at 1ohm. I have found these to work wonderfully on my kayfuns. Good vapor production, lovely flavour and I actually enjoy the satisfying pops that the spaced coil makes. You have to remember the kayfuns are not cloud machines. That said, they should still knock a twisp out the park.

Hi @s kajee

Just a quick question, the the common small little screw driver that comes with most attys, is that a 2mm? The tools I wrap my coils around are all in inches as it was for my RC car

Yip, those blue handled screw drivers are 2mm :)

Just a quick question, the the common small little screw driver that comes with most attys, is that a 2mm? The tools I wrap my coils around are all in inches as it was for my RC car

Yip, as @drew said, those "famous little blue screw drivers" that come with many of the tanks and devices are 2mm in diameter

I just measured one of mine for you - because I had to - with my vernier - it needs to be used sometimes ;-)
My vernier measures accurately to a thousandth of an inch ;-)
That little blue screwdriver measures 77 thousandths of an inch
To convert to mm, you multiply by 25.4
So, to be precise, my blue screwdriver is 1.956mm - very close to 2mm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438702735.841722.jpg

Hah
Yip, as @drew said, those "famous little blue screw drivers" that come with many of the tanks and devices are 2mm in diameter

I just measured one of mine for you - because I had to - with my vernier - it needs to be used sometimes ;-)
My vernier measures accurately to a thousandth of an inch ;-)
That little blue screwdriver measures 77 thousandths of an inch
To convert to mm, you multiply by 25.4
So, to be precise, my blue screwdriver is 1.956mm - very close to 2mm

View attachment 32834
Haha you to the millimeter you say huh? ;) thanks guys for the help! HEIN over at vape mob assisted me with a coil! And I'm enjoying this kayfun for the first time! Thanks again!

Back