Silver

Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Since I got my Kayfun V5 going again recently, I have been vaping it side by side against the Skyline.

With almost the identical coil (both have a VandyVape superfine fused clapton - about 0.75 ohms) and the identical wick (Royal Wick).

And both have the identical juice. LIT Sidechick (plus a bit of nic and menthol) which I know quite well by now ;-)

Been vaping them both for the last 2 days. Around the 17-20 Watt mark.

746ee26944543a9d6c7b9ec149651b1f.jpg

KayfunV5 on the left and Skyline on the right

So what's the bottom line?
Oooh, this is a very close contest (for me). They are both very, very good. If I were pushed to choose a winner I would say the Skyline, but by a narrower margin than I would have thought ;-) The Skyline takes it for me slightly on the extra crispness.

More detailed notes:

The Kayfun is a bit wetter and coarser. A tad juicier. Getting a tiny bit more of the pear and litchi fruit coming through. The Skyline is noticeably more crisp. Not as dense. It's drier, but not in a bad way. In a "pure" way. Getting a little bit more menthol burn.

Airflow is a little bit more restricted on the Kayfun. I have it on the widest setting. Skyline has no air disk in and fully open airflow. Its got a little bit more airflow. Both are nice restricted direct lung hits. Great for longish toots.

The differences are very small. Such great atties! I love them both but at a strong push I would say the Skyline suits me a bit more for this juice. That said, I will continue to vape and enjoy both of them.

Very close contest in my book.

Perhaps I need to try a different juice profile altogether and repeat the test. I suspect the results may just be a bit different.

Last edited:
You should try with an airdisk @Silver and try match the airflow of both....

You should try with an airdisk @Silver and try match the airflow of both....

Lol, @Christos - I had a medium airdisk in the Skyline - then went for the largest airdisk. Then decided to go without an airdisk. And I am preferring it without. Got to the point that I optimised it for me.

I don't want to put in a new coil now !!!!
Lol

Lol, @Christos - I had a medium airdisk in the Skyline - then went for the largest airdisk. Then decided to go without an airdisk. And I am preferring it without. Got to the point that I optimised it for me.

I don't want to put in a new coil now !!!!
Lol
I get it.
You have a week sir! :D

I get it.
You have a week sir! :D

Ok ok let me see what I can do. Hehe

But I prefer it without the air disk. lol

What is your prediction of how my view may change with the airdisk in?

Ok ok let me see what I can do. Hehe

But I prefer it without the air disk. lol

What is your prediction of how my view may change with the airdisk in?
No prediction. I'm currently running without the airdisk.

In all fairness I've just begun isi ng the skyline without the airdisk recently.
With the airdisk in I use both airholes open.

Without the airdisk I only have 1 airhole open.

I recall when I had a kayfun the kayfun muted certain dessert flavours while they tasted good in the skyline.

Also not a fair comparison as fruits and desserts are 2 different beasts all together.

Back