Lexicon with ELLO Duro - Eleaf

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Lexicon with ELLO Duro Kit from Eleaf. The Lexicon with ELLO Duro Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Eleaf.

http://www.eleafworld.com/lexicon-with-ello-duro/

Introduction

The Lexicon is the latest high powered device from Eleaf, taking the plain Box shape then adding geometric designed opposite top cut corners and adding White strips with LED's behind them (lights don't need to be on to benefit from the aesthetics of these strips) around the edges of the device and also on the front and back. The result in my opinion is a gorgous looking futuristic device, the included tank (the ELLO Duro) also comes with stunning 6.5ml acrylic bulb tube and drip tip with swirl design. The Lexicon isn't just about the looks, the 235W device boasts the specs to make it a high powered, high performance device with plenty of features.

In the Box

Contents:

1 x ELLO Duro Atomizer
1 x Lexicon MOD
1 x HW-M 0.15ohm Head(Pre-installed)
1 x HW-N 0.2ohm Head
1 x Spare Parts
1 x QC USB Cable
1 x Manual
1 x Warning Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

I received the Silver version which is a nice brushed Silver, the Lexicon is also available in Dazzling, Red, Blue, Purple and Black, all versions come with a matching ELLO Duro tank. Starting with the top and the front left corner and opposite corner on the diagonal are cut with triangular design, these 2 triangle corners have mirrored finish and are surrounded by white strips, these white strips are also on the edges of the device, front and back. The front and back have a vertical White strip that comes down 60% of the way centrally then 2 White strips that go diagonally from the bottom of the vertical strip to the bottom corners of the device, this gives the effect of the front and back having 3 sections. The front of the device has the screen in the right section and in the bottom triangular section we have the triangle shaped navigational buttons and micro USB port. The spine of the device has Eleaf branding etched on at the bottom and the opposite side has "LEXICON" etched on at the bottom and a large elongated hexagonal fire button at the top. The base of the device has etched safety stamps and venting and moving to the top we have a centre, gold plated, spring loaded 510. The build quality is very impressive and the device feels very comfortable in the hand.

ELLO Duro Specs and Features:

Diameter: 28mm (6.5ml version) / 26.5mm (2ml version)
Height: 54mm (6.5ml version) / 50mm (2ml version)
Capacity: 6.5ml/2ml
Innovative and Powerful Subohm Tank
Unique Net Coil and Multihole Coil Systems
Newly Added HW-M and HW-N Coils
Compatible with HW Series Coils
Optional 2ml/6.5ml E-juice Capacity
Unique PMMA Acrylic tube and drip tip
Adjustable Bottom Airflow Control
Thread: 510 thread
Colours: Dazzling, Red, Blue, Purple, Black, Silver

ELLO Duro Overview

Receiving the standard kit, the ELLO Duro tank came pre-installed with the 6.5ml capacity acrylic (with swirl pattern) bulb tube, a straight 2ml glass is also included. The drip tip is an 810 with o-rings and is also acrylic with swirl pattern to match the bulb tube. The base has heavy texturing but unlike the VATE version of the ELLO the top section is relatively smooth (the only difference i can find between the 2 tanks), the airflow on the bottom section is tri cyclops with stopper and moves with just the right amount of resistance. The Duro has a top-fill system and where the top needs to be pushed is clearly marked allowing for the top to slide open revealing the fill slot with self sealing membrane. The kit comes with a spare self sealing gasket and a standard open one, once filled the top can be locked back into position, it also comes with spare o-rings and 2 coils. The tank comes apart very easily, just unscrew the base section which allows you to remove the glass, the coils screw straight into the base. Both coils are mesh like wrapped with organic cotton and are the HW-Net 0.2ohms best at 65w - 75w and the HW- Multihole 0.15 ohms best at 70w - 80w and both give fantastic flavour and cloud, despite the slightly different ratings both coil heads i found best at 70W. I mainly used other tanks with the Lexicon as i have used versions of the ELLO before and recieved the same coil heads when i received the iStick Pico S. I received the Silver version to match the device, it is also available in Black, White, Red, Blue and Dazzling to match all the colours of the devices.

Lexicon Specs and Features:

Size 81mm x 31mm x 45mm
Battery type: Dual 18650 cell(not included)
Output wattage: 1-235W
Output mode: VW/TC(Ni/Ti/TCR)
Temperature range: 100-315°C/200-600°F
Output voltage: 0.5V-8V
Resistance range: 0.05Ω-3.0Ω (VW mode)
0.05Ω-1.5Ω (TC-Ni/Ti/SS/M1/M2/M3 mode)
Max charging current: 2A
Sparkling light show effects
Stealth mode & Preheat function
Thread: 510
Colours: Dazzling, Red, Blue, Purple, Black, Silver

Fitting the Batteries

The duel 18650 batteries are fitted via the bottom battery door and orientation is clearly marked both inside the battery compartment and White on Black on the battery door. When the battery door is open it does have a lot of movement but once fastened in place is very secure.

Using the Lexicon

The Lexicon is the standard 5 clicks on and 5 clicks off but if you turn on with 10 clicks it gives you the temperature of the PCB. Once on despite having a slightly tinted cover the display is bright and very clear. To the Left of the screen we have your 2 battery status bars, underneath this is the volts (wattage when in temp control). To the right of the already mentioned information we have at the top the resistance, under this is the subpara which as default is amps but can be changed to puffs or time vaped, the entire right side of the screen displays the wattage (temperature when in temp control). When the device is off pressing the up and down buttons together flips the screen and the same buttons together locks and unlocks the device when it is on. 3 clicks of the fire button enters the menu system and gives you the options, VW, NI, TI, SS and your 3 memory slots to manually enter TCR values, when in temp control pressing the fire button 4 times allows you to set wattage for temp control. To bring up the other features is done by pressing the up and fire buttons together, this gives you loads of features which are lock your resistance, set preheat, set subpara, stealth mode, upload logo, set allowed vape time, 2 different icons for LED's (i will cover in next section), hardware and software versions, finally the current voltage of your batteries. The menu is a typical Eleaf menu system which is very easy to use. The wattage on the device up to 20W is in point 1W increments for mouth to lung vapers as they are more likely to need precision, after 20W the device goes up in 1W increments, well done Eleaf!

The LED's

If you don't like LED's don't moan just turn them off you can't be that lazy surely, and for those that don't like them the white strips all over the device that allow for the LED's to shine through in my opinion look cool even with no lighting. For those that do like LED's they look great on this device despite only having 3 modes. The first icon in the menu system allows you to choose the colour and mode, the colour you choose (there are plenty of options) only take effect while vaping the rest of the time the lights are random. The 3 modes are Def (which is a trail effect), Aff (a fusion effect) and Sig (which is a different trail effect to Def) the final option is turn off. The second icon gives you the choice of having the lights go off after 10 minutes, have them always on or again turn off.

Performance

The Lexicon fires instantly and seems very accurate, along with other devices i have been using this device for a while and found myself using this more than the others. I have seen the charts and the results are very good as both a power device and as far as i understand the temp control jargon also after an initial spike very smooth. The fire button is very nice, easy to find, very clicky despite very little travel, although i find the lack of travel makes it really nice and instant to fire it does make the device a candidate to fire while in a tight pocket, i haven't personally had an issue with it firing when in the pocket but i can see it being very possible. Like with all high powered devices i tried the Lexicon at low wattage and it stayed silent, up to 26mm tanks will fit without overhang which means most tanks. The Lexicon supports 2A quick charge and is fully firmware upgradeable.

Conclusion

Eleafs most impressive device to date, it looks the part and the performs excellently. The ELLO Duro tank is a very good inclusion.

Build Quality
Durable High Quality Finish
Looks Futuristic
Good Use of Lighting
Bright, Clear Screen
User Friendly Menu
Clear Battery Orientation
Nice to Hold and Fire
Fires Instantly
High Wattage
Point 1W increments upto 20W, then 1W increments
EllO Duro Very Good Inclusion
Included Coil Heads Excellent Flavour
2A Quick Charge
Firmware Upgradeable

Dislikes

A lot of battery door movement when open
Fire in the pocket candidate
LED's just when vaping would of been a good option

I would once again like to thank Eleaf for sending the Lexicon with ELLO Duro for the purpose of this review.

http://www.eleafworld.com/lexicon-with-ello-duro/

Back