My IPV is up to sh..

Byakko

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey guys.I bought an IVP D2 off a forumite on Wednesday,got a Kanger branded LG batt from evolution vape and off I went.First night after the batt died,charged it via the power port on the bottom,waited until full and the mod lasted me the day.Next night,charge the mod,but pass out while it was charging :/ as far as I could tell,the mod cuts out when the batt is full,but my mod has not worked since...I am sick to death of all my crap breaking :/ I charged the mod with a 5V 700ma travel charger.The mod occasionally comes on but not for long,with the screen all blurred up and illegible,and when it goes off I can only get it to work by plugging it in to charge...Any ideas as to what happened?
Also I have been using a Protank 2 with a custom made 1.5 ohm coil at 8.5 watts.Haaaalp plz guyz :p

Have you tried using another battery in the mod. Or connect the mod to charge via usb and see if it works. That way you can rule our the battery having a problem. Then you know it's the mod.

Dude get an external charger and decent quality high drain imr batteries

I've never heard of kanger branded LG batteries tho.

Hey guys.I bought an IVP D2 off a forumite on Wednesday,got a Kanger branded LG batt from evolution vape and off I went.First night after the batt died,charged it via the power port on the bottom,waited until full and the mod lasted me the day.Next night,charge the mod,but pass out while it was charging :/ as far as I could tell,the mod cuts out when the batt is full,but my mod has not worked since...I am sick to death of all my crap breaking :/ I charged the mod with a 5V 700ma travel charger.The mod occasionally comes on but not for long,with the screen all blurred up and illegible,and when it goes off I can only get it to work by plugging it in to charge...Any ideas as to what happened?
Also I have been using a Protank 2 with a custom made 1.5 ohm coil at 8.5 watts.Haaaalp plz guyz :p

Hallo

Eish, best I can tell the mod is possessed. Definitely...

Are you coming to the jhb Vape meet ? If you can bring the mod and come and see me. Il have a look and may be able to help you out with a "better" tank :)

Hallo

Eish, best I can tell the mod is possessed. Definitely...

Are you coming to the jhb Vape meet ? If you can bring the mod and come and see me. Il have a look and may be able to help you out with a "better" tank

Sorted him out with a subtank mini

Thanks man,got it sortedas a total noob at higher end mods I don't know all the tricks you guys do...yetfiddled with the connections in the battery compartment and it turns out the battery wasn't making a proper connection. Works like a dream now.Got a subtank mini from another forumite last night so I am sorted,thanks for the offer!Unfortunately can't make the vape meet as I'm working :( but I will see you guys at the next one!

Update:Screen stopped working completely.It sucks but I can still vape it so I wont moan too much.Vape derp!

Last edited:
Okay so I discovered my old protank that I first used has an extreme leak on the pin :/ I think some juice leaked into the ipv.Could that possibly be why my screen acted up? I'm still getting glitches and the wsod but mod still works fine otherwise

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Paging vape doc @Rowan Francis
Rowan, can you look at @Byakko's post above this one and potentially offer some advice if you get a chance?

Whoa. You got a subtank mini out of this so not all bad. As you get more tanks you will learn how epic the mini is...

I did a lot of research before I got the subtank,it seems like one of the best out,I love that you get the rba option as well as factory made coils as well. And since the mods screen isn't working knowing the ohms before hand helps me a lot.Only problem is that to get an accurate wattage, I hold the - button to get it to 7 and then painstakingly push the + button a few hundred times to get to my desired wattage :/ it works though,and I'm grateful for all the help I've received so far.Thanks guys!

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Back