Noisy Cricket - Series Box Mod Safety

Soon to be a proud owner of a Noisy Cricket too. How will this mod fair with my Velocity dripper?
Or should I look at another atty?

The cricket is awesome, has a couple hits off one at Vape King. Cloud Chasing Machine

The cricket is awesome, has a couple hits off one at Vape King. Cloud Chasing Machine
Thanks bud, nice to know it will do as I expect

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks bud, nice to know it will do as I expect

Please be careful, it can be the most hazardous mod available, as there is no regulation, series ( edit: not parallel) batteries have some serious voltage (edit: not current) that can cause fires and/or destroy coils.

Read up on mech mods, and totally understand them before pulling the trigger :)

EDIT: Like me, don't understand parallel and series circuits

Last edited:
I agree. With great power comes great coils I mean responsibility

Please be careful, it can be the most hazardous mod available, as there is no regulation, parallel batteries have some serious current that can cause fires and/or destroy coils.

Trust me, I will research the sh!t out of it before I build for it.
I just got schooled by Mike and Andre regarding batteries and current etc

I agree. With great power comes great coils I mean responsibility
can I come for lessons again Master?

It is one pretty mod, made for a bad ass low profile dripper. Stay away from the very low ohm builds

0,5ohm and above is safe @Greyz . one second pull u be sorted for a week. Should mention that a one second pull is 5 mls juice

It is one pretty mod, made for a bad ass low profile dripper. Stay away from the very low ohm builds
I normally target around .3 to .4 ohm builds. Is that too low or should I do .5 or .6?

no, no......way too low. Go even higher for your first build

So after using this device for a few days now i can give a little bit of advice from my side

1. Use proper batteries, refer to Mooch's report on batteries to select
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...des-picking-a-safe-battery-to-vape-with.7447/
2. Check out the Steam Engine to help you with your calculations for your builds
http://www.steam-engine.org/ohm.asp
2. ALWAYS make sure your RDA's 510 protrudes enough to make proper connection with the battery
3. Start off with a 0.5 Ohm build, when you feel comfortable you can go lower
4. ALWAYS check your batteries every time you put them into your device

NEVER EXCEED YOUR BATTERY'S AMP RATING
Stay safe and remember, there are a lot of experts on this site. DO NOT be afraid to ask questions

Current setup:
2x Sony VTC4s
Lush RDA
dual 11 wrap 24Ga Kanthal

I have used the following builds the last few days:
Dual 7 wrap 26/32 claptons 3mm ID at 0.49 ohms
Dual 11 wrap 24Ga Kanthal 3mm ID at 0.50 ohms
Dual 12 wrap 24Ga Nichrome 3mm ID at 0.45 ohms

Thats about all i can say from my side
I am sure @Maxxis can add more to this ;)

@Greyz

Check out the above post

Please be careful, it can be the most hazardous mod available, as there is no regulation, parallel batteries have some serious current that can cause fires and/or destroy coils.

Batteries are in series, not parallel. Parallel is safer than series and can handle very low builds.

Just to put it in perspective :
1 x 18650 = 4.2v fully charged
A 0.25 Ohm build is 16.8 Amp current draw and equates to 70.56 Watt.

2 x fully charged 18650s will total 8.4v.
A 0.5 ohm build on this will be 16.8 Amp current draw, but it will equate to 141.1W.

Do u normally vape at that level ?

Maybe start a bit higher ?

Last edited:
Highest I vape is 100W using the Quad coil first my tank. But even that can be too warm and kills flavour

Soon to be a proud owner of a Noisy Cricket too. How will this mod fair with my Velocity dripper?
Or should I look at another atty?
@Greyz ,Currently have my Velocity clone atop my Cricket and it works very well indeed.

I did a dual 28g 3mm 1ohm coils in a derringer. Superb. Also did dual 3mm 24g at 0.6 ohm in velocity mini. Both chuck clouds. 24g a bit in the warmer side though

thanks for the vid @Alex as always giving us such awesome info. Sheesh I tried a noisy cricket and velocity @0.6Ohms yesterday at the vapers corner vape meet and this thing hits like a truck holly shiz. My very noob lungs weren't used to this, I personally felt that it really extenuates some flavors and others it totally burned away. Still a very nice little piece of mod :) - i want one now. <-CUD bug again doesn't want to stop bothering me.

I can see how this is a great setup for cloud chasing.

Back