Noob Vapers: Tempted to go back to cigs?

@SmokeyJoe your asthma was a blessing in disguise! Strange how most peeps know about the dangers of smoking, yet continue anyway ( I used to as well). We humans are a peculiar race!
True, looking back now it is hard to believe I did what I dad knowing what I knew. It is as if I was possessed by a daemon urging me on while making me ignore fact that I was consciously killing myself. It begets belief!

Regards

Nope. I'm smoking more because waiting is nerve wracking! I'm just hoping I'll like vaping when I eventually get my stuff.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

@SinnerG If you find you don't like vaping tell us on the forum what you don't like about it. Start a new thread. Peeps here are tremendously helpful and they'll be able to give you advice. But please don't give up on vaping!! We're all with you, every step of the way!!

I think every smoker knows how deathly it is, bit when the nicotine calls...

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

@SinnerG Oh, for sure! I gave up smoking about 3 years ago - but I've NEVER given up nicotine!! When I gave up smoking I switched to Nicorette (nicotine chewing gum). I chewed the cud for 3 years then got tired of that, started using Vinto e-cigs and then switched to vaping. So don't try to give up nicotine - buy juice with nic and increase the nic if you aren't coping. It's the nic that your body wants - not the other toxins in cigarettes. But bear in mind that you'll have to vape a lot for you to get the same nicotine effect from vaping as you would from one cigarette. I read that it takes an hour of vaping compared to the time it takes to smoke 1 cig.

Have a look at these posts in the Newbies' Corner. There might be other posts there too which would interest / help you.

https://www.ecigssa.co.za/nicotine-absorption-when-vaping.t6382/
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/new-vapers-five-tips-to-prevent-a-smoking-relapse.t5855/

Oh heck I've been tempted lots of times. I only reminded myself why i gave up - 1: it stinks and 2: i used to cough a lot.

Since going stinky free, i dont have to deal with stinky clothes, no stompies to throw away every week and best of all, no coughing...

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

I fixed my craving for a cig by banning smoking in my flat, and making it a vape friendly zone lol. I don't mind if ppl smoke around me, I do get a craving for a cig then there is loads of ppl smoking close around me. But i can counter that by vaping a juice with more nic, esp if you are having a few drinks. but all in all its not that bad for me

I fixed my craving for a cig by banning smoking in my flat, and making it a vape friendly zone

Yeah since my parents quitted more than 10 years ago, there is a no-smoking policy in our home so it's easier for me not to smoke. Also my mom likes my mango-cream, strawberry and cappucino vaping so it helps that she prefers me to do that instead of smoking cigarettes.

Last time I smelled off someone's clothes (it wafed off on me) when I was at the chemist, I then remembered what it used to smell like and why non-smokers don't like the smell after someone has smoked - just like an ashtray. That also motivates me not to pick up a stinky again.

Before I cleaned out my stompy bin for the last time, I left it as it is for two weeks after I quitted and after 3 weeks, I could really smell it and it smelled poofty. LOL.

Last time I smelled off someone's clothes (it wafed off on me) when I was at the chemist, I then remembered what it used to smell like and why non-smokers don't like the smell after someone has smoked - just like an ashtray. That also motivates me not to pick up a stinky again.

@Rainstorm If a smoker walks past me I take a deep breath - because I love the smell! Likewise, if I'm with smokers, I'll sit / stand right next to them! Just like an alcoholic is always an alcoholic, even if they don't drink anymore, I will always be a smoker, even though I gave up 3 years ago.

I have not touched a ciggy for 5 months now, but will be a smoker for the rest of my life. I love vaping and I am glad that I do not smell like that any more, but can go out now and have a few drinks, without wanting to smoke. Definitely will not smoke again, but will keep on vaping.

I have not touched a ciggy for 5 months now, but will be a smoker for the rest of my life. I love vaping and I am glad that I do not smell like that any more, but can go out now and have a few drinks, without wanting to smoke. Definitely will not smoke again, but will keep on vaping.

Well done @Room Fogger :applaudit:

@Rainstorm If a smoker walks past me I take a deep breath - because I love the smell! Likewise, if I'm with smokers, I'll sit / stand right next to them! Just like an alcoholic is always an alcoholic, even if they don't drink anymore, I will always be a smoker, even though I gave up 3 years ago.
Yeah its the cigarette that someone's smoking, that tempts me. The after-smoke smell is what puts me off... Lol I'm strange hahahahaha

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Back