Pasito fix

Spongebob

Vaping Enthusiast
LV

Awards
Hiya vape fam

Techies? Help out with an idea for a switch please? What kinda switch can I use? Had to open the mod and clean some juice spillage and the original switches broke off when I wanted to re-assemble As you can see I have soldered two wires to the board and it works perfectly when touching the wires, five clicks on/off, firing, etc but now I need to take the wires and connect to a switch on the outside of the mod?

I hacked switches from some old CE4's but just can't get them to work?

371f8c39f1ca7d97110f280e78e112cb.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Hiya vape fam

Techies? Help out with an idea for a switch please? What kinda switch can I use? Had to open the mod and clean some juice spillage and the original switches broke off when I wanted to re-assemble As you can see I have soldered two wires to the board and it works perfectly when touching the wires, five clicks on/off, firing, etc but now I need to take the wires and connect to a switch on the outside of the mod?

Ok I got a few broken images I just see the one with the board and wires

images-10.jpeg I got switches from that cheap laser pointers available at the corner stores. Fitted one in the car remote as well.
Like these.

Last edited:
How did you do it btw?

Sent from my SM-T725 using Tapatalk
There's a metalic disc inside that's convex with a rubber and then the plastic button which is held in place by the top metal retainer. You depress it and the discs shape changes to concave, making contact.

Hiya vape fam

I posted a tact switch fix here. https://www.ecigssa.co.za/teslacigs-86w-firing-button-tempremental.t67347/#post-859485

Regards your CE4 switches, you might have soldered the wrong pair of the 4 solder pads.
Best to take a meter and check which contacts are the working pair.

Actually the tesla wasn't a normal button so hit a whoops there. The plus and minus buttons to adjust were regular but the main fire button was all sorts of wierd. I took a hollow rubber piece out of an unused gaming keyboard and trimmed it down to fit under the fire button, and as my trusty glue gun wouldn't actually hold it there I used tape to suspend it above the connector on the mobo tight enough that it will hold a damn long time. Also electrical tape is pretty bouncy. So when you push down the fire button it depresses the tape (which also keeps it from a permanent depress) with a little metal bit inside. It's not "clicky" anymore, but at least the damn thing worksScreenshot_20200809_201356.jpg

Back