Port or drill air hole cape Town

gman211991

flavour chaser
LV

Awards
As you all know i purchased a kayfun lite i think but the issue im having is air flow so I'd like to know if any vaper in the cape can port my air hole to a bigger diameter.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415684823721.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415684823721.jpg
    409 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
As you all know i purchased a kayfun 3.1 i think but the issue im having is air flow so I'd like to know if any vaper in the cape can port my air hole to a bigger diameter.

im not sure if driling the air hole in a kayfun is such a good idea. while i was researching how to get rid of the wind suction noise a few months back i learnt that the airhole and juice leakage factor are somehow linked. however have you tried removing the afc screw completely in an attempt to create more air inflow?

I dont know where it is lol kayfun noob
if you look on the side toward the bottom there is a hole that runs on a slight slant. the screw is probably all the way in. try to do one full turn loose. to the left i believe. and then see if that has improved your airflow issue. in the kayfun box they would have given you a flat precision screw driver. let me know if it resolves your issue

Sorry noob mistake its a kayfun lite

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415685269521.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1415685269521.png
    400.7 KB · Views: 16
No only 1 hole on my lite thats the air hole there's 1 screw on bottom for juice filling

If that is the Kayfun 3.1 ES then there should be a catch cup, which in my experience has prevented any leaking even with the crappiest build I could come up with.

I have seen a few videos where guys have increased the airflow and what they have done is drill out the airhole bigger and slotted the 510 pin as well.

The guys that port their centre posts are using the Kayfun 3.1 and no one drills out the Kayfun lite. As far as I know the Kayfun lite does not have an airflow screw

Read online that the airhole can be drilled i think its a bad clone will probably have to ask @capevapingsupplies

Read online that the airhole can be drilled i think its a bad clone will probably have to ask @capevapingsupplies

i had a kayfun lite and the screw was inside the airhole. please check and let me know else its going to bug me all day till i get home

Lol i checked buddy only a screw on post and juice fill the litw has no adjustable afc lol. And I'm not home atm

Lol i checked buddy only a screw on post and juice fill the litw has no adjustable afc lol. And I'm not home atm

cool. im gna see if i can run awat from home to check out my kayfun lite as well. i remember in precious threads when i just got my kayfun there was alot of talk about leakages and and air noise. like a whistle. and one of the methods to remedy this was to close the screw almost completely. i know its not idea but it really was one of the solutions they gave. i will hit you back with some feedback if i manage to secure a hour so i can go and get my tank and take some pics

Original KF lite didn't have adjustment as far as I can remember.
I would not recommend drilling. I have drilled my russians but they had adjustable airflow and I could turn the screw in.
If you do drill it you are going to get bigger clouds with a decent coil but you will be making a flavour trade off. Seeing as it seems that you have no airflow control that becomes irreversible.
Short version:
I can do it for you but I wouldn't recommend it

@gman211991

this is straight out the manual
The problem: The draw is too tight
The reason: Very large coil and/or wick
What happens: Air flow in evaporation chamber gets obstructed
What to do: Setup the coil and wick correctly
The reason: The blockage of the air duct (1g)
What happens: Something obstructs the airflow through the duct
What to do: Remove the obstruction

basically there needs to be a space between the airhole(between the screw posts) and the coil itself. i would say around 3ml to be safe. sounds like the coil or wick is blocking the air intake and this is resulting in the tighter draw.

Attachments

• Kayfun-Lite-User_Manual_EN-V1.0.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
@gman211991

this is straight out the manual
The problem: The draw is too tight
The reason: Very large coil and/or wick
What happens: Air flow in evaporation chamber gets obstructed
What to do: Setup the coil and wick correctly
The reason: The blockage of the air duct (1g)
What happens: Something obstructs the airflow through the duct
What to do: Remove the obstruction

basically there needs to be a space between the airhole(between the screw posts) and the coil itself. i would say around 3ml to be safe. sounds like the coil or wick is clocking the air intake and this is resulting in the tighter draw.
Thanks will get @yusufcapevaper the coil maestro a.k.a my lil bro to check it out

can be done but as @gazacpt said its a trade off for flavor. gaza will sort you out.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

Back