Rda For The At.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerD

Power to the Users
VIP
LV

Awards
One of the things we need to look at also is the RDA that will suit this beast! Something sexy and super effective with good airflow options.
Do we go dual coil capability? Do we go small or big? I think copper contacts and posts right through.
Let me know and I will start throwing you with 3d models. :D

I have not had the pleasure of owning an RDA, hopefully will be getting one soon but what I would like in RDA are options, what do i mean by that, well the option to build either a single or dual coil setup, something whereby I can control airflow and maybe the option of clear or stanless steel. The reason for the clear would be to easily see how wet the wick is so I know where to squonk/drip or not.

Just my 2c

I have not had the pleasure of owning an RDA, hopefully will be getting one soon but what I would like in RDA are options, what do i mean by that, well the option to build either a single or dual coil setup, something whereby I can control airflow and maybe the option of clear or stanless steel. The reason for the clear would be to easily see how wet the wick is so I know where to squonk/drip or not.

Just my 2c
Thanks @BhavZ . Love the feedback! This RDA will have all the options. I have something in the back of my head adn it covers all those points.
Come on guys! Gooi rooi homeboys! Whatever you would like to see in a RDA, throw!

I don't know much about RDA's and can not comment accordingly - my only concern is some people on ECF is scared about juice contact with bare copper (which can oxidize and cause off flavours). From a technical point of view, copper stays an extremely good conductor of energy.

Interesting point Johan. I see on the clone Trident that I managed to break the center pin on the 510 connector is copper, but the rest is stainless treated brass.

To really mix things up, what if we went for a ceramic base, like the RM2 has, and then use brass that is plated with stainless?

My vote for a solid RBA design would be airflow adjustability, removable driptip (I like flat plastic tips) tail holes for the coil posts and the option to go 1 or two coil builds

I second devdev's comments above

But isnt the shape of the enclosure very important to how it delivers flavour?
I thought one of the success factors of the RM2 is supposed to be its shape and size.

Interesting point Johan. I see on the clone Trident that I managed to break the center pin on the 510 connector is copper, but the rest is stainless treated brass.

To really mix things up, what if we went for a ceramic base, like the RM2 has, and then use brass that is plated with stainless?

My vote for a solid RBA design would be airflow adjustability, removable driptip (I like flat plastic tips) tail holes for the coil posts and the option to go 1 or two coil builds
so we have an opportunity to take the best of what's available.
like the post from the helio 2 sets of post as opposed to 3 post for dual coil opens u up to quad or octa builds later
the trident slits as Dev said are just easier please use a screw with Phillips or flat and not allen key
adjustable airflow ring trident v2 or helio with option to close off on hole completely if single coil
ceramic base is nice but honestly don't think it's a must look at cost first
also posts need to be insulated.
also top cap should have o rings as opposed to screw in in terms of air hole vs coil positioning

sent from my reonautical cloud machine

If you are going to go with ceramic wouldnt you need to heat shield the atty as the rest of the atty may get quite hot and in terms of dripping one would need to be able to touch it so as to remove the drip tip at.

I second devdev's comments above

But isnt the shape of the enclosure very important to how it delivers flavour?
I thought one of the success factors of the RM2 is supposed to be its shape and size.

Interesting that you mentioned shape, never really thought about the shape. My understanding of flavour was getting the coil to vaporise the liquid at the right temp as well as the correct mixture of air.

But I think that shape would definitely help in ensuring that any excess liquid is funnelled correctly so assist in keeping the wick wet as well draining further excess liquid.

the trident slits as Dev said are just easier please use a screw with Phillips or flat and not allen key

What about using screws like that used on PC boxes, the ones which can be tightened by hand, hence no need for a screwdriver or allen key.

@devdev & @Silver I agree with your comments. Did some more reading on atomizers, specific RDA's and as @Silver commented, it seems that shape and size of the "chimney" section above the coil is the main contributing factor when it comes to flavour. Ceramic is an amazing material and its inherent properties are ideal for any atty.

What about using screws like that used on PC boxes, the ones which can be tightened by hand, hence no need for a screwdriver or allen key.
what about the peeps with big hands and I also find my hands slippery when working with rba or rda specially if rebuilding . but it's an option the developers will need to make a call

what about the peeps with big hands and I also find my hands slippery when working with rba or rda specially if rebuilding . but it's an option the developers will need to make a call

Those screws to have a slit on the head so that a flat screwdriver could be used as well, sort of best of both worlds.

@BhavZ only saw your comments now. IMO designing an atty takes a lot of skill and knowledge pertaining to airflow dynamics, fluid dynamics, material properties, physics etc etc. I won't even try to design an atty. It is one of those objects that looks super simple but in reality consists of multiple disciplines.

@BhavZ only saw your comments now. IMO designing an atty takes a lot of skill and knowledge pertaining to airflow dynamics, fluid dynamics, material properties, physics etc etc. I won't even try to design an atty. It is one of those objects that looks super simple but in reality consists of multiple disciplines.

Thanks man, yeah fluid and air dynamics are in a league of its own.

I agree, think we would do much better to concentrate on the device and make sure it can accommodate bf atties currently in the market place.

Unfortunately i dont know nothing about this so i will just take the advice of the most experienced here in the forum.
Can do the 3d print for this as well before get done in metal

Unfortunately i dont know nothing about this so i will just take the advice of the most experienced here in the forum.
Can do the 3d print for this as well before get done in metal
No, we shall be using atomizers currently on the market. Thank you kindly for the offer though.

Ideal deck for you to do some serious coil art, and I agree, with some minor modification it will work nice in BF mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back