SA court rules cannabis can be used in home

As I understand it the oil for medical purposes must come from the Cannabis indica strain. From the female plant and distilled from the flower at a given stage of development of the crystals on the flower.

Also a kilogram of flowers only yields about 15ml of oil.

The plant seeds can be imported (about R500.00 each) and are mailed under what they call a ‘stealth blanket’.

Once you have your first plants you can clone new plants from the leaves (not too impossible) to perpetuate your supply.

It’s very difficult to find local quality oils as most of the local stuff is ‘cut’ with coconut oil, and still very expensive.

This is a bit of a ramble, but if your life depends on it, it’s worth looking into.

This information has not been googled and it comes from speaking to people who are using Cannabis oil to treat their cancers.

Didn't you get educated what the different drugs do? Hard drugs like LSD

Disclaimer: I do not use any hallucinogens as I suffer from depression and an abnormal brain pattern.

I'm going to be that guy, LSD is classified as a soft drug as it has no physical addictive properties, the flashback phenomena are reported by less than 15% of users, all damage like supposed chromosomal changes have been debunked and any psychotic symptoms are due to a user already having mental illness or latent mental illness. In fact alcohol has a higher perceived potential for physical addiction and physical harm than LSD.

In fact there are many studies under way looking in to the medical uses of LSD, DMT, Psilocybin and other hallucinogenic compounds.

You mentioned mandrax which was actually originally developed for the treatment of insomnia, and falls in to the same class of drugs as various brand name legal drugs such as stilnox, xanax, valium and rufilim, all of which are considered hard drugs.

So @RichJB 's question is in fact still relevant outside of your interpretation of what constitutes a hard and soft drug.

I think @Anneries meant about drug testing in the workplace... would now be of dubious benefit.

This in part, and the fact that the policy state cannabis is an illiegal substance and any use will result in disciplinary hearing. We have very old policies, so it is probably "high" time that we review it.

South African attorney answering some questions on Reddit;

Sauce

Questions:
  1. This is country wide?

2. I can grow and trade? but not sell

3. I can smoke at home and then drive?

4. Can I host a chop-n-zol?

5. Can I posess outside my home? As in drive my bankie from my home to my friends home?

6. addon to 3. Is it illegal to be high outside the home?

7. Aside from the no smoking indoors rule, hoe does this possibly apply to university settings and residents?

8. Possible age limit?

Answers from the attorney:

1. Yes, country-wide.

2. You can grow, but not trade or sell.

3. Well, yes, you technically could, but it wouldn't be legal to do that because driving under the influence of any drug or mind-altering substance is illegal. It's one of the things I'm concerned about because there's no breathalyzer test for weed.

4. You can. Feel free.

5. This is difficult to answer because the law hasn't been properly amended yet. You should be careful with possession outside the home and the purchase of it is still illegal. You might be able to say in court that it was for personal home use, but the burden of proving that becomes slightly more difficult. Sorry I can't be more clear.

6. As long as you're not driving or doing something else that requires you to not be stoned, and as long as you got stoned in the privacy of your own home, you should be fine.

7. Well, it would depend on the university's policy on smoking. Most policies have definite rules regarding drug use on their property (some even mention alcohol as a no-no). Further, the judgment relates to private property, so it would also depend on whether you go to a private university and your university's rules. I would imagine that it wouldn't be something that would be allowed. Probably best to not push your luck in this regard.

8. Judgment relates only to adults, so only 18 and over. Sorry kiddies, no bedtime zol for you.

Back