Serpent 50 W Sub ohm kit

Schnappie

Elite Vaper
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
I was sent this kit for review from Christina from @Heaven Gifts and received it yesterday.
The product can be found at this link: https://www.heavengifts.com/product/WOTOFO-Serpent-50W-TC-Full-Kit.html

I Unpackaged the contents and what I got was the following if you can excuse the cutting board in the backround(vape cave used to accommodate a guest):
20170103_141727.jpg

Unboxing it:
20170103_141748.jpg

So the kit basically consists of :
- 2000mah 50W mod (green)
- Serpent Sub ohm tank 22 mm(black)
- 2x 0.5 ohm Serpent sub coils (cotton)
- Spare tank
- Usb charger cable
- User manuals for both the tank and mod

What first got to me is how nice this device looks and how small it really is. below i put it next to a pico, tarot nano kit and rx 2/3 for size comparison:
20170103_142632.jpg

Overall the device feels very nice in the hand and solid as you would expect from Wotofo, although my wife mentioned in smaller hands like hers the device does feel a little sharp round the edges

20170103_141812.jpg

The Device was already charged so i made sure the tank was clean and free of machine oil scents and so i started priming the coil as the manual stated by dropping e-liquid on all the wicking holes and a few drops down the center of the coil.
The coil itself looks exactly like the Kangertech SSOCC coils except for smaller wicking holes but by no means does it have trouble wicking. It also has a wider ID than the Kangertech coils as shown below which I believe gives better airflow and flavour but I will get into it more later on.

Kangertech SSOCC on left, Serpent coil right
20170103_212912.jpg

Serpent coil left, SSOCC on right
20170103_213611.jpg

I then filled the tank which is topfill as shown below with airflow shut off and let the coil soak while i left to gym

20170103_141831.jpg

On return i immediately started vaping at 20W and worked my way up in 5W increments to about 35 watts which seems to be the sweet spot for these coils. The coils are rated up to 40W but I found I didn't need more than 35W. Before I get into the vaping experience I have a last few things to mention about this kit out of the box:
- The Mod supports all TC modes and VW
- Its display is on top of the mod as shown below, which I like then I can see the wattage while I vape
- The tank holds about 3.5 ml of juice, depending what coils you use
- The tank supports the full Kangertech SSOCC range of coils, as well as the RBA
- The driptips are replaceable standard 510 driptips
- The tank has bottom adjustable airflow

20170103_160514.jpg

So, how does she perform?

Well first off with this being a Serpent tank I was really curious how this tank will perform with different e-liquids given that the Serpent mini was perfect for fruity menthols but stock cotton coils are not necessarily as good as ceramic stock coils for these e-liquids.

I first popped in some of my DIY Suckerpunch clone which I know very well by now. It is a fruity dessert type vape so I believe it will allow me to judge what type of eliquids will shine in this tank. Normally i get a very fruity Dragonfruit taste from my Estoc coils but in this one the fruit is more subdued but the bavarian cream absolutely shines. The clouds are huge at 35W and the vape felt very creamy. Definitely better coils than the standard kangertech SSOCC coils, and different to the ceramic coils. I also tried a fruity menthol in here and it tastes better than in most commercial coil tanks, but they still taste more fruity in ceramic coils. Tobacco's also work really well in this tank and I think this is a very good all round flavour tank with decent clouds. The tank chews through juice but not as bad as most other tanks nowadays.

I have yet to see how long these coils last but I certainly rate them above the kangertech ones, and i know ceramic SSOCC coils are also available should you want to try them. I didn't get one dry hit off the coil so far, even when chain vaping, and like I said for a stock cotton coil i think it vapes well. Especially if you are into desserts and tobacco's.

The tank itself as expected is good quality, being a Serpent tank, and has some decent airflow, and I also haven't had a leak so far. The capacity of the tank is okay but i suspect sticking the RBA in here will reduce the capacity quite a bit. I like this tank, and coming in at a lower pricepoint than the Toptank mini i would rather get this considering the better build quality and leak free design. I can't fault it in all honesty.

Alright tank and coils covered so now it brings me to the mod. My main problem with the mod is the 2000mah battery. It lasts for about 4 tanks which isn't bad and if you are in an office environment you can keep it on charge but another 500mah or so would be nice. I do like the small design of the mod and Serpent mini 25mm users will fit their tanks on it with no overhang( tested it) but will be limited to single coil low wattage builds. The mod is tiny yet can fit a 25mm tank( for those MTL builds) and functions are very user friend as on most mods these days.

Overall i think this is a very good starter kit.The coils perform well for stock cotton coils, the tank is leak-fee with topfill and decent airflow, and the mod is tiny with an internal battery which makes it more newbie friendly IMO. It is up against some tough competition though if i think about the Tarot Nano kit and istick pico kit, and I think a lot will depend on the pricepoint. The main drawcard might just be the Serpent sub ohm tank and its compatibility...

Last edited:
Great review @Schnappie ! Is this tank the one that can take the Kangertech RBA? You say it gives decent airflow, can it be used nicely for a restricted lung hit?

I really like the look of this little device, despite the 2000mAh battery!

Great review @Schnappie ! Is this tank the one that can take the Kangertech RBA? You say it gives decent airflow, can it be used nicely for a restricted lung hit?

I really like the look of this little device, despite the 2000mAh battery!
Hi @Stosta yes it fits the rba according to one of the vids I checked. The airflow.is exactly like the 22mm serpent mini. I think i will send the tank over so you can test the rba in it and judge for yourself how it compares to in the STM?

I will test it for you as well :) Seeing that I want my first mod :) I promise I wont return it:--P

Hi @Stosta yes it fits the rba according to one of the vids I checked. The airflow.is exactly like the 22mm serpent mini. I think i will send the tank over so you can test the rba in it and judge for yourself how it compares to in the STM?
Would love to try!!!

Back