Small holes in kangertech toptank RBA plus

The_Ice

Dedicated Vaper
LV

Awards
So I have finally had it with the RBA part of the toptank. It's a great device but what a mission to avoid dry hits.

These dry hits are, I believe, due to the insanely tiny juice holes in the chimney section. I've played with lots of wicking techniques and basically found the only way is to make a tiny Scottish roll, which just, but firmly touches the sides of the chimney. What a pain to keep doing that.

So today I drilled the holes to 3mm. Will check back with results as soon as they are forthcoming.

Attachments

• IMG_20160818_074926056.jpg
    IMG_20160818_074926056.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 59
Never had this issue what juice you using?

Good to hear you got sorted mate. Strange thing with rba deck on toptank is that the holes are way smaller than rba deck for sub tank mini. Not sure why this is so, seems a step backwards to me as rba deck on stm works like a charm.

can you post pic of your wick please?

So I have finally had it with the RBA part of the toptank. It's a great device but what a mission to avoid dry hits.

These dry hits are, I believe, due to the insanely tiny juice holes in the chimney section. I've played with lots of wicking techniques and basically found the only way is to make a tiny Scottish roll, which just, but firmly touches the sides of the chimney. What a pain to keep doing that.

So today I drilled the holes to 3mm. Will check back with results as soon as they are forthcoming.
I did the same, made a huge difference, jus wouldn't make me too big.

Good to hear you got sorted mate. Strange thing with rba deck on toptank is that the holes are way smaller than rba deck for sub tank mini. Not sure why this is so, seems a step backwards to me as rba deck on stm works like a charm.
Yes it's weird that I had to "down"grade the thing back to the previous model. Luckily it's easier to make small holes bigger than it is to make big holes smaller

I did the same. Drilled the RBA of the Toptank to 3 mm. Much better.
I also found that using Kendo Gold is a problem. It does not channel juice fast enough and this causes dry hits. I now only use Muji organic cotton in the RBA and tanks. I use Kendo Gold in the RDA's

I did the same. Drilled the RBA of the Toptank to 3 mm. Much better.
I also found that using Kendo Gold is a problem. It does not channel juice fast enough and this causes dry hits. I now only use Muji organic cotton in the RBA and tanks. I use Kendo Gold in the RDA's
Cool, I was worried it might leak through the AFC but I have had no problems at all. Your side?

Cool, I was worried it might leak through the AFC but I have had no problems at all. Your side?

No, no problems. Works like a charm. One of my favourite tanks with the RBA as a full tank lasts me the whole day at the office.

I am sure the consideration was that the tank might leak if the holes are big and the top cap is opened. But I have not had any problems with leaks after modifying the holes.

Back