[SORTED] SMOANT Cylon LCD Replacement part

As far as i know, you can/could purchase the screens from Smoant for around $10. But the shipping pushes the price up considerably. Maybe drop them a mail and find out? Or perhaps one of the vendors can chuck one in their next shipment from Smoant if they do buy directly from them?

As far as i know, you can/could purchase the screens from Smoant for around $10. But the shipping pushes the price up considerably. Maybe drop them a mail and find out? Or perhaps one of the vendors can chuck one in their next shipment from Smoant if they do buy directly from them?
That's a thought, I'll fish around and see who can do this for me. Thanks @Humbolt.

I've opened mine as well because the plastic posts actually broke on the top. I epoxied it back together so now its fixed permanently. So if my screen gives issues, the mod is done :-@:-D

Noooooo :(

You should have epoxied the posts instead

I had the same thing - could have rebuild them with the epoxy resin from builders. It comes in two tubs, you mix equal parts and it becomes like steel putty. Very hard to break and holds well.
Those posts are so tiiiiiny to work with so i just permanently sealed it. If it goes, it goes. But its lasted for a good few months now so holding thumbs lol

OK I had another look.

@lesvaches no juice in the lcd. Definitely a screen fault and Google reveals that they had a few with bad screens.

@Humbolt, posts starting to break apart. With that cost of a new screen and shipping, it's not worth fixing it.

Perhaps with everything else working, I could tinker with it on the arduino and make a hubbly pot :D

Lol.

OK I had another look.

@lesvaches no juice in the lcd. Definitely a screen fault and Google reveals that they had a few with bad screens.

@Humbolt, posts starting to break apart. With that cost of a new screen and shipping, it's not worth fixing it.

Perhaps with everything else working, I could tinker with it on the arduino and make a hubbly pot :D

Lol.
that’s actually a good idea

Back