Show us your Builds - Kayfun, Russians & Similar

devdev

respice adspice prospice
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
This is the SUYWWACS (Show Us Your Working Wick And Coil Setup) thread for all Kayfun, Russian and Rocket Atomiser builds.

Let's see what you got!

Damn dude, that coil is neat!

That is an awesome looking coil @Hein510

I suggest we host a coil building workshop where all you pro's can teach us newbies how to do it.

Sent from my S4 LTE using my finger

That is an awesome looking coil @Hein510

I suggest we host a coil building workshop where all you pro's can teach us newbies how to do it.

amen to that

That's an awesome idea - if we did workshops at the meets that would be sick!

That's an awesome idea - if we did workshops at the meets that would be sick!

I'm thinking we keep the meets for meeting the other members and checking out devices/juices.

Hold specific workshops just for coil building, so we maybe spend 2-3hrs learning how to build, be it for more TH, cloud chasing, hectic designs etc.

Maybe even start novice workshops and as we progress we move onto more advanced builds

Here's my attempt at a quad twisted (.3mmx2) and (.2mm x2 coil), 7 wraps, 2mm ID @ 0.56 ohm. I was aiming for slightly higher resistance... but this one brings the flavour out tremendously on my KFLP. So I won't be changing the coil very soon :)

Did have a bit of a battle getting it secured under the posts. :)

13718552854_78ce0bbe6d.jpg
13718512624_975ebd6b86.jpg
13718467944_464300f942.jpg

Pics via iPhone5 :p

Last edited:
Awesome coiling @Alex - 0.56 (0.6 Ohm) is my sweet spot for any tobacco flavours. And excellent close-ups!

Here's my attempt at a quad twisted (.3mmx2) and (.2mm x2 coil), 7 wraps, 2mm ID @ 0.56 ohm. I was aiming for slightly higher resistance... but this one brings the flavour out tremendously on my KFLP. So I won't be changing the coil very soon :)

That is gorgeous

Alex, with such a coil you are certainly not a noob vaper. Please custom your title. Click on you name top right. Go to personal details. Insert a title you like under custom title and save changes. Awesome coiling.

Gee thanks @Matthee that's kind of you. I just love to play around with these damn things.

Superb photos there @Alex !

Way to go Mr. Alex! Superb photos indeed. Show us your wick setup too :) (next time you refill)

Ps. I love the new SUYWWACS guys!

Way to go Mr. Alex! Superb photos indeed. Show us your wick setup too :) (next time you refill)

Thanks, I will do. getting much better at wicking the quad channel KFL now. :rolleyes:

I had the night off and decided to try something I've been dying to do for a while. An inception coil mounted in chimney format on my KFL+. I used 28G Kanthal. Inner coil is 6 wraps around the needle of a needle bottle, then 6 wraps using some ingenuity :p Came out to 2.11ohm. My apologies for the quality of the pictures.

IMAG0166.jpg
Can't really tell, but the coil is slightly tilted in this pic. The wraps lined up perfectly when looking head-on.

IMAG0172.jpg
Firing her up.
IMAG0179.jpg
Top view.

I will have to take pics of the wicking when I redo it. I basically pulled some cotton through in between the two coils and folded it back down towards the deck.
It takes a while to heat up, but when it does, it kicks like a mule! Excellent throat hit and vapour production. The flavour starts out great from cold and then becomes a little muted once the coil reaches temperature. Subsequent hits while the coil is still warm retains the flavour much better.

Glad you are enjoying it. Will take a little while to gain traction, but hopefully others like it, but just aren't saying anything

I had the night off and decided to try something I've been dying to do for a while. An inception coil mounted in chimney format on my KFL+. I used 28G Kanthal. Inner coil is 6 wraps around the needle of a needle bottle, then 6 wraps using some ingenuity :p Came out to 2.11ohm. My apologies for the quality of the pictures.

View attachment 3567
Can't really tell, but the coil is slightly tilted in this pic. The wraps lined up perfectly when looking head-on.

View attachment 3568
Firing her up.
View attachment 3569
Top view.

I will have to take pics of the wicking when I redo it. I basically pulled some cotton through in between the two coils and folded it back down towards the deck.
It takes a while to heat up, but when it does, it kicks like a mule! Excellent throat hit and vapour production. The flavour starts out great from cold and then becomes a little muted once the coil reaches temperature. Subsequent hits while the coil is still warm retains the flavour much better.
Incredible, looks like abstract art!

Glad you are enjoying it. Will take a little while to gain traction, but hopefully others like it, but just aren't saying anything
Was thinking by myself (just before I saw @Reinvanhardt's post) that this is actually working brilliantly and the acronym does the job as well. Methinks it has already gained all the traction it needs and is here to stay. Well managed and executed, Sir.

awesome coiling guys!!!!

definitely very motivating

So, i was tired of twisting the wire but still want to use 2 strands to get a low resistance, so i created "The Twins Coil" Its 2 micro coils merged into one. Wrapped on 2mm driver, 6 wraps and comes to 0.5 Ohm

THis coil produces the best vapor production i have had to date. Caution, its extremely thirsty.

DSC_0575.jpg DSC_0576.jpg DSC_0577.jpg DSC_0583.jpg DSC_0584.jpg DSC_0587.jpg DSC_0589.jpg 2014-04-11 09.21.12.jpg 2014-04-11 09.23.56.jpg

Back