The Cyclone Thread

OK I have realised my happy place is around the 1Ω to 1.1Ω resistance on the Cyclones in single coil mode. So it was time to re-coil and rewick a few of the girls. Maintenance time!

Maint 004.JPG

Some lessons I learnt today...

1. Be gentle with the screws.
2. Screw the Cyclone onto the REO first to see which side the coil goes on.
3. Don't try rush the exercise because ecigssa.co.za is beeping.
4. Do one first so you have a perfect set-up to vape while you do the others.
5. Make sure you creme brulee torch is full of gas.
6. Be careful when you are cleaning up because of the sharp pieces of kanthal lying around.

Having now had a few toots on each I realise the Cyclone with the bigger holes are much more for lung hits and cloud chasing... I guess I might get used to the bigger holes one day but right now not so much.

I have seen these mentioned as alternatives to the Reomizer, can they be gotten locally?

I have seen these mentioned as alternatives to the Reomizer, can they be gotten locally?

Nope they are pretty scarce worldwide and have been in short supply for sometime... however the factory in the Philippines has and is just completing a run of them and they are available on a few sites in the USA and UK.

In the UK they are available here - http://e-cigz.co.uk/store/
In the USA they are available here - Out of stock again.
And in the Philippines here - http://myvape.in/international/index.php/catalogsearch/result/?q=cyclone

Awesome devices, I wish I could get my hands on one in the future. :):(

Thanks @Rob Fisher for helping me find this a few weeks ago.

I drilled out the hole to 1.6mmil and with a 6 wraps ugly coil its the best vape i have had on my reo so far!!

image_zpsb33d49fc.jpg

image_zps03de9f47.jpg

Thanks @Rob Fisher for helping me find this a few weeks ago.

I drilled out the hole to 1.6mmil and with a 6 wraps ugly coil its the best vape i have had on my reo so far!!

image_zpsb33d49fc.jpg

image_zps03de9f47.jpg

Only a pleasure ! Happy you are finding it like I find them! Simply awesome! :rock:

I'm so jelly looking at these cyclones :p congrats @Rob Fisher . I'm really stoked that you're loving them!

One question, the afc.... is it merely an add on to the normal cyclone?

I'm so jelly looking at these cyclones :p congrats @Rob Fisher . I'm really stoked that you're loving them!

To use it you discard the normal top cap and put on the AFC. Think you can actually buy it as just the deck with AFC (no normal top cap), but have only seen that for top feed (drippers), but am under correction.

To use it you discard the normal top cap and put on the AFC. Think you can actually buy it as just the deck with AFC (no normal top cap), but have only seen that for top feed (drippers), but am under correction.
Thanks for the info @Andre

Your knowledge on all things ecig is astounding! :D

Glad to have you around! :rock:

OK I have realised my happy place is around the 1Ω to 1.1Ω resistance on the Cyclones in single coil mode. So it was time to re-coil and rewick a few of the girls. Maintenance time!

View attachment 9795

Some lessons I learnt today...

1. Be gentle with the screws.
2. Screw the Cyclone onto the REO first to see which side the coil goes on.
3. Don't try rush the exercise because ecigssa.co.za is beeping.
4. Do one first so you have a perfect set-up to vape while you do the others.
5. Make sure you creme brulee torch is full of gas.
6. Be careful when you are cleaning up because of the sharp pieces of kanthal lying around.

Having now had a few toots on each I realise the Cyclone with the bigger holes are much more for lung hits and cloud chasing... I guess I might get used to the bigger holes one day but right now not so much.
If you are gonna discard or not use the normal top cap, are you willing to get rid of one?

Sorry I'm battling to keep up with the forums... going fishing for a week and then another day takes it's toll... trying to catch up this weekend!

But I see out vaping guru @Andre answered you! :rock:

Just a warning to guys buying Cyclones and Cyclops's (Cyclops is the name for the AFC cap)... there are version 1's and 2014 current versions and they are not interchangeable! The silly gooses changed the size slightly... so if you are buying second hand or new components makes sure you match the versions.

Can somebody post a photo of a double coil ( or quadruple coil as state on a english web ) ? I cant understand how to do it .
And yes i agree with @Rob Fisher i have the two different version of cyclone and afc and cant be swapped .

Can somebody post a photo of a double coil ( or quadruple coil as state on a english web ) ? I cant understand how to do it .
And yes i agree with @Rob Fisher i have the two different version of cyclone and afc and cant be swapped .

You mean double/dual coils in the Cyclone? If so, here is mine - just built, 0.55 ohms, 1.5 mm ID, 9 wraps of 28 g each, ceramic wick. Just pulled my previous wick and coil, which was 4 months old! Preparing for our trip to Georgia.
The air slots in the AFC are not centered like most atomizers. Thus, you have to build like I did for correct positioning of the air slots. Actually much easier to build this way than to try to get the coils to the center of the deck.

5tcK04b.jpg

bJpE7WO.jpg

You mean double/dual coils in the Cyclone? If so, here is mine - just built, 0.55 ohms, 1.5 mm ID, 9 wraps of 28 g each, ceramic wick. Just pulled my previous wick and coil, which was 4 months old! Preparing for our trip to Georgia.
The air slots in the AFC are not centered like most atomizers. Thus, you have to build like I did for correct positioning of the air slots. Actually much easier to build this way than to try to get the coils to the center of the deck.

5tcK04b.jpg

bJpE7WO.jpg
Have a look at this link . It say double or quad coils. There is where i got confused .
http://www.ukecigstore.com/cyclone-afc-rebuildable-atomiser-by-vicious-ant.html

And other question @Andre ... Is any reason why you pass the wick behind the post where is less space and not on the other side where is plenty of space?

And other question @Andre ... Is any reason why you pass the wick behind the post where is less space and not on the other side where is plenty of space?

Could not find where they refer to quad, probably somewhere on the video, but only way to do that is to build double deckers on both sides. Not my cup of tea. Double/dual is perfect for me.

Yes, have method in my madness taking it around that side. 1. It keeps nicely in place there and feels like it stabilises the whole setup for me. 2. If I do it the other way round the cut off ends will have very little space out of the coil, which could make the wick less stable and easier to pull out accidentally from the coil. Or the AFC could disturb them, which does not happen to the round side of the coil it goes past in my way. Of course, many ways to kill a cat.

Thanks . It refer to dual quad on the middle of the 3 square on the rigth where it say the specs

There will no doubt be a lot more discussion on Cyclones and AFC's from today with the imminent delivery by courier this morning!

I have a number of Cyclones with different sized air holes... I think they have changed the size of the hole between the original and new one... I think the new one's hole is a little smaller than the original... Wow the hole sizes make a huge difference and some of them are too small for my liking and will have to get a mate to open them slightly.

My sweet spot is on the SL/LP in the middle. Looking at the 18490 Woodvil you can see how small the new hole is.
AirFlow1.jpg

Here are the extremes... the one on the third right is for lung hits no question.

AirFlow3.jpg

The Cyclops (AFC) is wasted on me right now because I almost close the airflow completely on it... but I will build a dual coil for a couple of them and give it a go.

One thing I have realised is that sweet spots change and before I liked a tight airflow and that is changing slowly.

Looking forward to the Cyclone thread getting a little busier from today! :rock:

There will no doubt be a lot more discussion on Cyclones and AFC's from today with the imminent delivery by courier this morning!

I have a number of Cyclones with different sized air holes... I think they have changed the size of the hole between the original and new one... I think the new one's hole is a little smaller than the original... Wow the hole sizes make a huge difference and some of them are too small for my liking and will have to get a mate to open them slightly.

My sweet spot is on the SL/LP in the middle. Looking at the 19490 Woodvil you can see how small the new hole is.
View attachment 10064

Here is the extremes... the one on the third right is for lung hits no question.

View attachment 10065

The Cyclops (AFC) is wasted on me right now because I almost close the airflow completely on it... but I will build a dual coil for a couple of them and give it a go.

One thing I have realised is that sweet spots change and before I liked a tight airflow and that is changing slowly.

Looking forward to the Cyclone thread getting a little busier from today! :rock:
Which one of the two we're getting is BF Rob?
So cool, because now I have one for my SP mini and one for my LP mini! Win!!

looking forward to playing with another! my one at 1.6mm and with a 7 wrapps ugly coil its fantastic!!

Also rob will be looking forward to meeting you at the jhb meet!

Which one of the two we're getting is BF Rob?
So cool, because now I have one for my SP mini and one for my LP mini! Win!!

You are getting both! Two decks (one not BF) and then one of each of the caps... Cyclone and Cyclops (which is the AFC version) and one Fusion Drip tip. Decks are interchangeable between caps.

Back