The Reomiser 2

devdev

respice adspice prospice
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Can we get a thread going with some setups/coils that people are using on the Reomiser?

I want to soften the learning curve on the Reomiser, so would appreciate everyone's tips.

Let me kick off

Have made a 1.2 Ohm 28g jobbie, as used to win cloud chasing comp. Coil was low on the deck, and towards the edge of the cover. Tasted great on fruity vapes, not so great on dessert vapes. Throat hit was low, due to coil being low.

Today I made a 2mm 26g coil. Came out at 1.3 Ohms. Didn't vape that nicely. Wondered how a 'big bore' coil would do... Turns out not that well!
2014-04-06 17.39.35.jpg

Next up was a 0.8mm 32g coil. Came out at 0.83 Ohms. Heats up in a second, vapes well but seems to give quite a few dry hits. Coil is low, as I don't get much from throat hit. Flavour is excellent though

2014-04-06 18.16.10.jpg

What advice can anyone offer for dessert flavours, tobacco flavours etc.?

Awesome thread! Just what we needed... My micro coil with 28g seems perfect for me... will make another one tomorrow or the next day and take pics!

I've been vaping Menthol Ice with 2 drops of coconut flavouring and I'm loving it more than life itself!

I have rewicked the 0,8mm coil. Instead of running cotton through the coil, I have pushed the coil down on to a cloud of cotton wool.

Chucking massive clouds of vapor all over the place now, but flavour has dropped off.

Interesting, cocount you say? That could be a winner!

I have been playing with adding drops of menthol concentrate to other juices and it's been working for me... and then I tried the coconut concentrate to a put Menthol Ice and it's awesome!

I've been vaping Menthol Ice with 2 drops of coconut flavouring and I'm loving it more than life itself!
Nothing, but nothing beats a juice that is perfect for one. It just engages all your senses and is better than the best red wine in the world. If it perfectly compliments that red wine, you are in heaven of course....

I have rewicked the 0,8mm coil. Instead of running cotton through the coil, I have pushed the coil down on to a cloud of cotton wool.

Chucking massive clouds of vapor all over the place now, but flavour has dropped off.

For me 26g just heats too slowly. On ceramic I find the 27 g perfect, but on cotton I prefer the 28g. For 32 g I like the triple twisted. Tobaccos and desserts do well for me around 0.8 ohms. It does tend to accentuate the sweeter tones if the coil is low on the deck. Thus, I prefer quite a high coil position, which also gives me the throat hit I seek. I use 1.5 mm ID for cotton and 1.6 mm for ceramic wick.

Nothing, but nothing beats a juice that is perfect for one. It just engages all your senses and is better than the best red wine in the world. If it perfectly compliments that red wine, you are in heaven of course....

And when it accompanied by a huge cloud of vapour as well it is most certainly heaven! Now that I think about it I never ever felt this way about stinkies!

And when it accompanied by a huge cloud of vapour as well it is most certainly heaven! Now that I think about it I never ever felt this way about stinkies!
For sure, stinkies were a necessary evil, if one really enjoyed 3 in a day you were lucky or intoxicated.

I have experimented with lots of various resistance levels using both 26 and 28g. My best vape comes from 0.8 ohm para coil, positioned quite high and close to the posts. I love tobacco's and am a TH chaser. One thing I picked up from one of @Matthee 's previous posts (can't remember the wicking material used) was to have a wick tail positioned in the bowl of the cup. I do this with cotton and hardly get dry hits. I avoid covering up the drain hole as well.

I won't answer that question - parallel connected coils

@johan LOL! Also saw potential to misbehave. Had to resist.

@vaalboy, so we are not talking about twisted dualwires, but just dual wires running along side each other?

So I received my ribbon Kanthal last night. Quickly made a coil. Will do a better one when I have more time.
I really love this stuff.
This is 0.9 X 0.1 Ribbon Kanthal (equivalent to 27g)
7 wraps on 1.5mm came to 0.8 Ohm.
Look at that coverage!
Heats up very quickly, flavor beast and nice TH.

20140407_091945.jpg

Wow Tyler looks awesome! Where does one get ribbon kanthal? Let alone ribbon kanthal on a sunday night?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

I just like that huge surface area - should be able to vape up a storm

Wow Tyler looks awesome! Where does one get ribbon kanthal? Let alone ribbon kanthal on a sunday night?

My sister in-law came to visit from the states and I was lucky enough to get her to bring me some.
With my wife's scrap booking supplies taking up all the weight, I could only get 2 measly rolls. Oi! I will however be buying some more in the future.

You should spell scrapbooking without the 's' I find it far more entertaining. Good idea though. Will start making a plan like that. Maybe a group buy?

@johan LOL! Also saw potential to misbehave. Had to resist.

@vaalboy, so we are not talking about twisted dualwires, but just dual wires running along side each other?

Side by side - that way you achieve a lot of coverage at low ohms. Heats up super quick too.

Here is a photo of a 26g 0.6ohm build that I posted in another thread:

Coil.jpg

What I especially find attractive about @vaalboy 's "para-" and @TylerD's ribbon Kanthal, is the huge surface area without compromising resistance.

Back