This is very very Alarming! I smoke alot of these liquids and I am very scarred after this article

pimcowboy

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
https://soundcloud.com/vp-live/suicide-bunny-e-liquids-test-positive

This is quite unnerving to listen to...

Diacetyl and Acetyl Propionyl, the chemicals that cause popcorn lung when inhaled, were found in Suicide Bunny liquids (Sucker Punch and Mother's Milk) after some independent lab tests were performed on the liquids.

The shocking part is that Suicide Bunny released a statement that claimed their liquids were Diacetyl / Acetyl Propinyl free.

WE AS A COMMUNITY SHOULD DEMAND THAT ALL ELIQUID BRANDS THAT STATE THEY ARE Diacetyl and Acetyl PropionyL FREE! IM ACTUALLY PROPER ANGRY AS IT IS A GREAT JUICE THAT I HAVE BROUGHT AND VAPED ALLOT OF! HOW CAN THEY BE ALLOWED TO DECEIVE CUSTOMERS LIKE THIS ESPECIALLY COMING FROM THE STATES! THESE COMPANIES IF INTENTIONALLY DECEIVING US SHOULD BE CLOSED DOWN IMMEDIATELY!

I would love to know what every1 thinks about this as I am really angry right now!!!

I think the name "Suicide Bunny" says it all :D - for 39+ years I didn't care what I was inhaling with stinkies, why should I worry now?

This is sad sad news. But needs more digging in to. We need to go have a look at those studies and see firstly if they are legit. And then take it from there

Vaping with Thor the Reo Mini

It is rather alarming but don't overreact. suicide bunny have responded to this with their own testing and have posted it up on facebook:https://www.facebook.com/TheSuicideBunny/posts/317933675035148

Its a case of whose word to take. In a booming industry there will always be the potential for people to attempt to carve a way into the market via misinformation. I would sit tight, give it a few days and see, eventually the truth will out!

Now that is just playing into the hands of the anti-vaping campaigners, especially on e-liquid: DIVIDE & CONQUER THEM WITH THEIR OWN WEAPONRY

It is rather alarming but don't overreact. suicide bunny have responded to this with their own testing and have posted it up on facebook:https://www.facebook.com/TheSuicideBunny/posts/317933675035148

Its a case of whose word to take. In a booming industry there will always be the potential for people to attempt to carve a way into the market via misinformation. I would sit tight, give it a few days and see, eventually the truth will out!

That is exactly why I say need more investigation

Vaping with Thor the Reo Mini

I do feel that the consumer must be informed about what they are putting in their bodies, along with the dangers that it involves. From there it is your own problem. I actually received a list of ingredients that cigarettes contained when I was still smoking (I still have it) and it bothered me for a full ten minutes. With the history of cancer in my family, I was a little worried, but only thought something of it when my sister died almost three years ago from Cancer. That's only when I looked at that list again. To be honest, it scared me! Now I'm stuck with a world of 'what-ifs' and nothing to do about it...

Checked the msds of diacytil and it decomposes at 80-89c into carbon monoxide,dioxide and nitrogen oxides all of which are easily dealt with by the human body in small amounts, question is what is the temp at the point of vapor production in an ecig?

Guys

To be really honest. I think to find any juice without a chemical in of some kind is almost impossible. On ordering our first line of juice I must have contacted almost every company out there and all them were pretty honest about what was in their juice. Most of them had one or two of those components and or alcohol. Some were free of Diacetyl / Acetyl Propinyl but had alcohol. Some were reluctant to say and I was pretty hard on them after speaking to our guy at Rocket who basically said if they say theirs are 100% free ask them for a certificate to state it. Rocket stated that their was Diacetyl / Acetyl Propinyl free but ingredients could contain alcohol and with that they provided me with relevant proof that this was the case. Those that said theirs were free I have not heard back from and some point blank refused which make you wonder.

I'm not saying that there isn't any that are not 100% free but that's what I have heard from a major brand label and also from my investigation into it. I'm fussy when it comes to what I vape. Alcohol for personal reasons bothers me but i steep mine before I vape it as this aids in the evaporation process. I try and steer clear of Diacetyl / Acetyl Propinyl vapes but I do know that the qty is so minimal its not going to harm you and even under lab tests would be difficult to pick up and you would be pretty much limited to what you could vape lol. I vape Bunny ;)

But I think it's important to know and have those options as its your right to know. Ask your vendor and or even better mail the manufacturer to set your mind at ease. I have done that with all the juices I have vaped and 95% have all three or at least one of the ingredients in. I think with time the mixing process will advance and get better but you cant compare the toxins in cigarettes to what we vape now. I also think the Bunny saga was blown out of proportions and sounds like a little propaganda stint maybe from a disgruntled customer or opposition company.

I suppose it is also needed to point out that the jury is still out on the link between popcorn lung and diacetyl. Its more a political and social story than one of science :
http://www.ungersconsulting.com/Diacetyl_Regulations_2011.pdf

Personally I vape a few juices that I know contain the 'dodgy' chemicals and one of them I consumed in much higher concentrations (diacetyl in stinkies) and with a much greater frequency, still no popcorn lung. I am in no way saying there is no merit to the concerns and warnings. Im just saying they may be more precautionary than cautionary if that makes any sense at all. I still fully intend on consuming those juices I have and to trying out suicide bunny if they survive the flaming theyre going to get from this.

Another point to remember is people have been vaping for quite some time now, many juices before the concerns about the 'deadly diacetyl' were even recognised were made using quite a bit of diacetyl, still no vapers with popcorn lung. The most concerning health consequence I have encountered relating to vaping is the story of lipoid pneumonia I can only assume as a result of vaping large amounts of cheap oil based liquid.

As a life choice and guide I have chosen to live by this statement: Longterm exposure to high concentrations of anything is a bad thing and practically everything is fine in moderation.

yeah i also believe this whole diacetyl thing has been blown out of context. didnt a recent study find way more of the stuff in normal cigs and that's never given someone popcorn lung.

yeah i also believe this whole diacetyl thing has been blown out of context. didnt a recent study find way more of the stuff in normal cigs and that's never given someone popcorn lung.
Thats what im saying. At the temps inside your average coil it decomposes and you never have the pure substance even get close to your lungs

This is blown way out of proportion, have a look at the people making the flavorings that go into every item in your supermarket.

Anyone know of a local lab we can use to test these things? I'm in the process of perfecting my juice recipes and will at some point start to sell them, but I want to make sure from my side that the ingredients that I use are safe. Not just for my clients, but also for myself.

Did you here of that chemical dihydrogen monoxide apparently its extremely leathal in a solid form and undetectable in liquid form but as gas it can cause bad burns.

Well as a food scientist i refer to it as h2o or water... So keep vaping ignore the silly ppl

Well as a food scientist i refer to it as h2o or water... So keep vaping ignore the silly ppl
Actually, you made a good point. If people do not really know what they are talking about, you get misplaced fears.

The dihydrogen monoxide hoax involves calling water by the unfamiliar chemical name "dihydrogen monoxide" (DHMO), and listing some of water's effects in an alarming manner, such as the fact that it accelerates corrosion and can cause severe burns. The hoax often calls for dihydrogen monoxide to be regulated, labeled as hazardous, or banned. It illustrates how the lack of scientific literacy and an exaggerated analysis can lead to misplaced fears.

Exactly my point good sir. I have a chemical and biochemical background of something odd comes up I'll look into it

Good thread this. Very informative. Thanks to all who contribute.

I can with almost 100% confiction say that an open window while in traffic is way more deadly in the long run than anything any vaper with common sense will ever use. I have more fear for the locked up energy in a lithium cell than the chems in my juice. Ignorence kills more than vaping ever will.

Back