Vaping while pregnant:Good or Bad ?

My aunt smoked while pregnant, so did my uncle. All four kids are smokers since they were about sixteen. Born addicts imho

Sorry but I find this bull. I think many use this as a excuse to have it "acceptable" to smoke at that age. This nonsense of you now smoking because your parents did is a poor excuse. Nicotine does not reside in the system for extended periods and using the classic "oh because my parents smoked" excuse is a poor choice of words.

I am in no way taking you out for saying this I just find it bad in terms of the parents control over this and willingness to prevent it from happening however its easiest to jump on the blame waggon.

Sorry but I find this bull. I think many use this as a excuse to have it "acceptable" to smoke at that age.
You find it is BS or years of medical research? I personally rely on the latter but thats just me.

You find it is BS or years of medical research? I personally rely on the latter but thats just me.

One can endure rehab for harsher drugs but cannot resist nicotine? Research may show that the substance exists within you due to having smoking parents yes but you also have a will power, if you dont then shame.

Arguing about nicotine addiction vs other drugs seems irrelevant on a forum where most of us don't have the willpower to resist nicotine.

Shame on me... Shame shame shame! :p

Arguing about nicotine addiction vs other drugs seems irrelevant on a forum where most of us don't have the willpower to resist nicotine.

Shame on me... Shame shame shame! :p

In no way arguing against Nicotine. Im on it myself would be pretty hypocritical :coleman:

I honestly don't know, but what about the trauma of withdrawal. If the baby experiences everything with the mother, even her emotions then the trauma of withdrawal will also be real.

Sorry guys didn't mean to cause any disputes,at the end of the day I think we all agree that its ideal not to smoke or vape,but in situations where mothers cant stop(be it will power,lack of support etc etc),i think all of us would also agree that vaping a low nic juice occasionally would be better than having a smoke occasionally

Sent from my ZTE Blade G Lux using Tapatalk

Sorry guys didn't mean to cause any disputes,at the end of the day I think we all agree that its ideal not to smoke or vape,but in situations where mothers cant stop(be it will power,lack of support etc etc),i think all of us would also agree that vaping a low nic juice occasionally would be better than having a smoke occasionally

Sent from my ZTE Blade G Lux using Tapatalk

I think that if someone is preggers, and about to bring a child into the world - they should not do either, for the love of their unborn. I dont agree that vaping is better than smoking, because there isn't enough evidence. My answer is - don't do either when pregnant.

Smoking during pregnancy is bad bad bad (http://blog.pregistry.com/smoking-during-pregnancy-effects-on-you-and-your-baby/) and vaping seems to be bad too (http://blog.pregistry.com/how-safe-are-e-cigarettes-and-vaping-while-pregnant-not/). I would stay away from the two. Cheers, Rodyka.

Welcome to the forum @Rodyka
I see you are from far away ;-)
When you get a chance, feel free to introduce yourself to the community here:
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/introduce-yourselves.t24/page-415#post-495737

By the way, those links you posted don't work on my side - are you sure they are the correct web addresses?

By the way, those links you posted don't work on my side - are you sure they are the correct web addresses?

Thank you for the welcome. I believe the links work, at least they open in my computer! Regards.

People must start realising that the physiology of individuals differ from one another so what applies to one might not necessarily apply to the other.

I might get woozy after three beers while my m8 can handle six, I might get seasick while another has no problems, I might have an allergic reaction to something while others don't ...... get the point?

Smoking is bad no matter what angle you're inspecting from but some individuals bodies can handle breaking down and processing toxic and waste products from external sources better than others.
The key is getting to know your body so that if you find yourself in a situation like being pregnant as a nicotine-dependant smoker then you yourself should be able to know/realise/figure out what needs to be done.

Of course the best alternative is to totally quit but when someone cannot then I would most certainly go for a gamble on a vape device. I would feel more at comfort knowing that I am using an alternative containing way less carcinogens.
As mentioned by @Andre ....... nicotine should be the least of her worries when it comes to the harmful components of cigarettes and cigarette smoke.

You can tell your sister that I am almost 100% sure that she smokes after the habit and/or throat hit. I had zero problems jumping from the nicotine level of Camel filters to a 3mg nic vape juice. Often I also vape 0mg so I was one of those that THOUGHT nicotine was my vice while it was actually the habit. :)

I stopped smoking for my kids ......... maybe she should too.

Good luck with her decision.

Back