Wear Pattern - MVP

KimH

Gravity Sucks
LV

Awards
I have the Titanium Blue MVP and have started getting what looks like a thumb wear pattern just under the firing button. Have attached a pic, hope it's clear enough.
My nails are fairly long so I tend to rest my thumb just under the button while using the MVP.

Two questions:
Anyone else experienced this with either the Blue or Silver MVP?
Can anyone recommend a possible remedy/solution to 'polish' this out without causing further damage to the MVP?

Thanks
K

Attachments

• MVP wear pattern.jpg
    MVP wear pattern.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 75
I had the 2 black ones and still have my other black one and didn't have any of this on them.

What you could look at is getting a wrap for it from @Hein510, they're cheap cheap and it protects against all bumps and scratches :rock:

@Arctus also has the black and his is fine.
I agree, it must be the finish on the TB - it's really pretty, but like most pretty things - it's all on the surface ;)

Thanks Lizzie, will check out his website and see if I can find me a bright orange one

I have the Titanium Blue MVP and have started getting what looks like a thumb wear pattern just under the firing button. Have attached a pic, hope it's clear enough.
My nails are fairly long so I tend to rest my thumb just under the button while using the MVP.

Two questions:
Anyone else experienced this with either the Blue or Silver MVP?
Can anyone recommend a possible remedy/solution to 'polish' this out without causing further damage to the MVP?

Thanks
K

Alternative to what everybody suggested; remove "wear patter" by polishing it out with a soft compound, i.e Brasso or Silvo, clean up and put a thin layer of clear nail varnish over that particular area.

Alternative to what everybody suggested; remove "wear patter" by polishing it out with a soft compound, i.e Brasso or Silvo, clean up and put a thin layer of clear nail varnish over that particular area.

Thanks Oom Johan - I will give that a try first..... wonder if Maguiars will work? *joking*

Thanks Oom Johan - I will give that a try first..... wonder if Maguiars will work? *joking*

:) LOL, off topic, why this "Oom" I'm most probably 10 years younger than you?

i think its just the colour you have, ive gt the black one without any marks, but i recently put a carbon fibre wrap on it, it looks awesome

This could also be that your skin has a high acid content, I've noticed this with my gear too, when I was done with them none of my ce4 clearos had any chrome left on them and the metal buttons and their trimmings on my SVD are down to the brass after only 3 months of use.

@BumbleBee - that seems the most plausible of all.

No amount of cleaning has made a lick of difference, wrapping is the route I will be taking on this.

This could also be that your skin has a high acid content, I've noticed this with my gear too, when I was done with them none of my ce4 clearos had any chrome left on them and the metal buttons and their trimmings on my SVD are down to the brass after only 3 months of use.

This is natural behaviour for the SVD mine rubbed off after about a month :)
As if the light saber was not bad enough it now has gold decorations... lol

This is natural behaviour for the SVD mine rubbed off after about a month :)
As if the light saber was not bad enough it now has gold decorations... lol
I kinda like the bare brass look, I think it suits the style of the SVD and gives it a more 'rust'ic look :)
Now to give the rest of the mod the same look...

@BumbleBee I think you're correct about skin acidity, I don't have this and mine still looks new. Granted, my current one is not quite 2 months old, but my previous one still looked good after 3 months usage. Disappointing to know that the buttons & surrounds aren't s/steel, but I agree that wear due to usage can add to the appeal - I've seen some 'distressed' Mechs that look amazing and would improve with age.

@KimH I think the best solution would be a wrap - the variety that I've seen on-line (Jwraps as an eg.) are amazing, just don't know where to get them locally. A mate's silver MVP has some fine scratches and nicks, this would solve his problem too. And I understand that they are fairly easy to remove, so you can change them to suit your mood/outfit/whatever.

• :rolleyes:Methinks someone should create a Bare MVP thread :rolleyes:

@BumbleBee I think you're correct about skin acidity, I don't have this and mine still looks new. Granted, my current one is not quite 2 months old, but my previous one still looked good after 3 months usage. Disappointing to know that the buttons & surrounds aren't s/steel, but I agree that wear due to usage can add to the appeal - I've seen some 'distressed' Mechs that look amazing and would improve with age.

@KimH I think the best solution would be a wrap - the variety that I've seen on-line (Jwraps as an eg.) are amazing, just don't know where to get them locally. A mate's silver MVP has some fine scratches and nicks, this would solve his problem too. And I understand that they are fairly easy to remove, so you can change them to suit your mood/outfit/whatever.
@Hein510 had precut wraps at one stage maybe get into contact with him.

Back