Youde Clapton Wire - Any experiences?

mAlice

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi All

(@Mods, I created the thread here as I didn't really see any other place to ask about a pre-wrapped clapton wire product, since technically it is an accessory. Although sometimes I think it's a good idea to stick a knife in the toaster to free my bread from the toasters claws, so don't trust my judgement. Feel free to move/edit)

Has anyone done builds with the 26g x 32g pre-wrapped clapton coil wire sold by @Sir Vape? Is it a good product for someone that is getting into building with his first RTA coming in around 2 weeks and no building experience? I saw a picture where @Stosta had it in his arsenal but is it worth buying?

I am a "Flavour chaser", And I heard in terms of flavour, clapton is the best "bang for buck" product out there.

Ideas? Alternatives? I would appreciate any input!

Hi All

(@Mods, I created the thread here as I didn't really see any other place to ask about a pre-wrapped clapton wire product, since technically it is an accessory. Although sometimes I think it's a good idea to stick a knife in the toaster to free my bread from the toasters claws, so don't trust my judgement. Feel free to move/edit)

Has anyone done builds with the 26g x 32g pre-wrapped clapton coil wire sold by @Sir Vape? Is it a good product for someone that is getting into building with his first RTA coming in around 2 weeks and no building experience? I saw a picture where @Stosta had it in his arsenal but is it worth buying?

I am a "Flavour chaser", And I heard in terms of flavour, clapton is the best "bang for buck" product out there.

Yep! I would say it's worth the buy! I started off building my RTAs with 26g Kanthal, and about a week later ventured into Clapton.

I can't honestly say it's that much better in terms of flavour, but there is an improvement over single strand. But bare in mind that my years of smoking has really buggered up my taste buds, so chances are if I can notice a slight difference, there is actually a significant one! :)

Hi All

I used a roll of it (need to get more). Personally I think it's excellent! Easy to use, no fuss, ready to wrap. I agree that it does improve flavour for me. They also last a long time.

Yep! I would say it's worth the buy! I started off building my RTAs with 26g Kanthal, and about a week later ventured into Clapton.

I can't honestly say it's that much better in terms of flavour, but there is an improvement over single strand. But bare in mind that my years of smoking has really buggered up my taste buds, so chances are if I can notice a slight difference, there is actually a significant one! :)

Thanks @Stosta ,

I see we both have been off the stinkies for around 3 months... I think my taste buds are still all kinds of whack too

In terms of flavour difference. When you say it's a bit of an improvement, is it in the depth of flavour? Or in the overall punch it deliver? In Other words does it just make the vape more dense/flavourful, or does it actually bring out more subtle notes that might be missed out on with normal single prebuilt coils and such?

Thanks @Stosta ,

I see we both have been off the stinkies for around 3 months... I think my taste buds are still all kinds of whack too

In terms of flavour difference. When you say it's a bit of an improvement, is it in the depth of flavour? Or in the overall punch it deliver? In Other words does it just make the vape more dense/flavourful, or does it actually bring out more subtle notes that might be missed out on with normal single prebuilt coils and such?
It creates more / denser vapour due to the increased surface area, which means you will likely pick up subtler notes in the juice.

Note that you will need to use more power then usual as they have a longer ramp-up time.

This is my understanding anyway.

Thanks @Stosta ,

Mostly adds punch to flavour I taste on Kanthal, but it depends on how you build it, and how you would build a kanthal equivalent. Because of that you tend to pick up on other subtle tastes. I like to have it just to add variety to my build options. But generally I keep the Clapton on my Crius, Dialo and Cthulu, and keep the kanthal on my Subtank and Diablo dripper, but that's just because I find them finicky to build with if using clapton.

It creates more / denser vapour due to the increased surface area, which means you will likely pick up subtler notes in the juice.

Note that you will need to use more power then usual as they have a longer ramp-up time.

This is my understanding anyway.

Thanks Wesley, I suppose denser flavour and more subtle notes go hand in hand... As for ramp-up time, shouldn't be an issue, not looking to build super sub ohm, will be sorted in the power department.

I do 6 wrap dual coils in my velocity and it reads between 0.5 and 0.58 ohm. Good vape that...

@phanatik Thats actually exactly what I needed to know! What Inner diameter? Also, what wattage are you running it on at that resistance? And how is the ramp up time in your experience?

@phanatik Thats actually exactly what I needed to know! What Inner diameter? Also, what wattage are you running it on at that resistance? And how is the ramp up time in your experience?

Sorry for the delayed response. I used either 3 or 3.5mm (can't recall right now) and vape at about 60 - 65w.
Initial ramp up takes about half a second, but then it continually drops. I think the claptons retain heat a bit as well, so your next toot it nearly instantaneously.

I have vaped the build on lower wattages but need to close the airflow off quite a bit.

I'm a noob to clapton wire myself, i know other guys do 75w+ easily with this setup, i just get that gut feeling that i might be a dry hit away at higher wattages, but can be addressed with better wicking, of course.

Please let me know what your experiences are, once you've got to building.

Sorry for the delayed response. I used either 3 or 3.5mm (can't recall right now) and vape at about 60 - 65w.
Initial ramp up takes about half a second, but then it continually drops. I think the claptons retain heat a bit as well, so your next toot it nearly instantaneously.

I have vaped the build on lower wattages but need to close the airflow off quite a bit.

I'm a noob to clapton wire myself, i know other guys do 75w+ easily with this setup, i just get that gut feeling that i might be a dry hit away at higher wattages, but can be addressed with better wicking, of course.

Please let me know what your experiences are, once you've got to building.

I think the 3/3.5m inner di is wide enough to help preserve some of that generated heat. Thanks for the info! Ill be sure to post some results when I get my vape mail!!!

2c. Larger diameters 3mm+ are better for cloud chasing and smaller diameters 2.5mm- are better for flavor.

My go to for claptons is 2.3mm id, dual 6wrap. 80watts, and the flavour is gorgeous lol oh and cloudy

My go to for claptons is 2.3mm id, dual 6wrap. 80watts, and the flavour is gorgeous lol oh and cloudy
80w on 2.3 ID is hectic, that cant be on a 80/20 vg or higher juice? Doesnt it give you dry hits? Also whats the resistance on a 2.3ID 6 wrap clapton? (Dual coil setup)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

80w on 2.3 ID is hectic, that cant be on a 80/20 vg or higher juice? Doesnt it give you dry hits? Also whats the resistance on a 2.3ID 6 wrap clapton? (Dual coil setup)

70vg 80vg even max vg,no problem. I did a 7wrap earlier today and came out to 0.38. I tried 3mm, but prefer the 2.3mm

one of the reasons i go for 3mm is because i can stuff a crap load of cotton into that coil, using Scottish roll or sushi roll method, and zero dry hits.
i'll give smaller diameters a go though, and play with the wicking... havent had a dry hits in ages, and want to keep it that way... no need to scar my soul... lol

i too use the UD claptons, that is the same thing right Youde and UD? If not I use the UD clapton wire, not sure exactly which one if there are variants. I find that on my dripper the ramp up is just to long and the cooling, it feels like i'm wasting to my joose. But that's me I'm a Scrooge Mc Duck, so on my dripper I use normal kanthal, but on Crius and Griffin i use claptons mine generally read at 0.4Ohms dual coil on both with ID of 2mm on the Crius and 3mm on the Griff.

Hi All,

Thanks for all the responses! I have had my UD Claptons on my Crius V3 for around 4 days now. 0.43 Ohm build (5 wraps, 2.5ID) running like a beast. Only thing im a little disappointed about my mod not having a custom ramp up setting. So the initial ramp up time on these coils is a bit too long for me... Still running a 50W Subox Nano... I tested on a friend's Smok XCUBE II at 45W with a HARD ramp up setting. Twas beatiful, alas I had to give it back.

Anyone have a 100W+ device to PIF? :D

Got my first roll
Of the single and fused claptons from a great supplier 2 weeks back.

UD Clapton
Well built
Easy to work with

Has allowed me to build some killer staged builds for the past 2 weeks.
0.1 - 0.13 - 0.23

And real plain flav builds with single clapton 0.5ohm
Bug fan of UD

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

9e694d3af3bedcf683ef67cc64a6dc16.jpg

5wrap into a 5wrap
Single clapton
0.3ohm build
Gave great Flav

But soon changed it for a staged build
2262304d2ab67144e3e8b8ccab70b60d.jpg

0.12ohm

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

I'm an old-school kinda guy, my go to builds are dual 2.4mm 26g coils. I've just built this on my Griffin 25...

image.jpeg

UD Kanthal Clapton 32/26 staged with 26 Ni80 on a 3mm ID, ohms out to 0.10, this is some insane stuff! 3 shortish puffs at 70W and I silvered on 6mg! :eek:

Back