3d Printed DNA 250C mod

Baxteen

New Vaper
LV

Awards
SO I am now starting the process of my first 4d printed mod.

I have already gutted my beloved Thelema 250C DNA mod after the inner plastics failed me.

I have found a decent free STL file and had it printed. attached are the bare 3d printed parts. assembly will start later tonight.

I will post updates.

and this is only V1 I have a few other plans

Attachments

• buttons.jpeg
    buttons.jpeg
    261.4 KB · Views: 38
  • battery sled.jpeg
    battery sled.jpeg
    209.8 KB · Views: 41
  • outer case.jpeg
    outer case.jpeg
    185.7 KB · Views: 40

I have already gutted my beloved Thelema 250C DNA mod after the inner plastics failed me.

I have found a decent free STL file and had it printed. attached are the bare 3d printed parts. assembly will start later tonight.

I will post updates.

Looks amazing. Modern technology is amazing and having the skills to use them does make me a bit envious. Well done. I'm more of a DIY handyman and very occasionally a fabricator in metal work. Saw something a while back and am busy doing something similar. My Cadac Kettle Braai is old but in good condition except where the legs mount so I'm busy doing something similar to this.Screenshot_20240823_204855_Google~2.jpg

I will post updates.

Hey there, I noticed some tiny spots on your printed model. It seems like the heat on your nozzle might be too high because you're using PLA. Could you let me know what temperature you're printing at and which filament brand you're using? It could help troubleshoot the issue.

Hey there, I noticed some tiny spots on your printed model. It seems like the heat on your nozzle might be too high because you're using PLA. Could you let me know what temperature you're printing at and which filament brand you're using? It could help troubleshoot the issue.
really appritiate the help.

this is just a quick print by my boss's brother.

was done on a Bamboo X1 carbon. so I am going to guess it was the bamboo fillament.

its also just a version 1 to get sizing and placement sorted.

eventually I want to do the light grey bits in Aluminum. I have a connection with a CNC mill.

the grey is PETG and everything else is PLA.

VErsion 2 will be battery sled from PETG I do need some help on making some changes to the STL file because I dont have the skills for it.

I am also going to possibly make the battery doors from wood or resin, still playing with ideas and designs.

Tomorrow I am soldering the boar and all the wires together

really appritiate the help.

this is just a quick print by my boss's brother.

was done on a Bamboo X1 carbon. so I am going to guess it was the bamboo fillament.

its also just a version 1 to get sizing and placement sorted.

eventually I want to do the light grey bits in Aluminum. I have a connection with a CNC mill.

the grey is PETG and everything else is PLA.

VErsion 2 will be battery sled from PETG I do need some help on making some changes to the STL file because I dont have the skills for it.

I am also going to possibly make the battery doors from wood or resin, still playing with ideas and designs.

Tomorrow I am soldering the boar and all the wires together

The Bambu X1C is an amazing machine. However, it seems his machine require a filament recalibration as I have noticed some under-extrusion in certain areas. I am willing to assist with any necessary changes to the STL file.

The Bambu X1C is an amazing machine. However, it seems his machine require a filament recalibration as I have noticed some under-extrusion in certain areas. I am willing to assist with any necessary changes to the STL file.
I really appreciate it.

I will pop you a PM to try and explain my issues

I ran into a few snags.

my Screen ribbon cable was damaged so my screen is no longer working.
I got another Paranormal DNA from a vape shop that has a rubbish pile of broken vapes. shout out to VapeAlicious in Centurion for that.
sadly that screen was also damaged and does not work

in terms of the 3d Printed mod and assembly I will post pictures soon to show where I am with that.

the body is fine and the battery sled hold what it needs to, but getting the battery connectors to make correct contact is very difficuilt. and without a screen its hard to know if its working or not.

so if anyone knows where in south africa to get DNA screens I would be very happy to not need to import them

board without screen.jpeg
The board without the screen

bottom connectors.jpeg
bottom connectors there is a small 3d printed piece that will screw in here to keep that in place
top connectors.jpeg
top connectors, again, springs will hold this down with a small 3d printed piece that I do have.
not 100% clear in this picture but I messed up, the 510 is soldered the wrong way around so the atomizer will not fire when I assemble the entire thing.profile.jpeg
I used the battery pull tab from the Thelema to be able to easier get the batteries out

so what I still need to do:
get a working screen.
Re-solder the 510 connector the other way around.
replace the negative top battery connector replacement already found just need to solder it.
Install the buttons and screw the enclosure together. it is very tight and quite difficult to do but I have closed it all up without the screen to test the battery connectors on Escribe, and it does function without a screen

View attachment 294719
The board without the screen

View attachment 294720
bottom connectors there is a small 3d printed piece that will screw in here to keep that in place
View attachment 294721
top connectors, again, springs will hold this down with a small 3d printed piece that I do have.
not 100% clear in this picture but I messed up, the 510 is soldered the wrong way around so the atomizer will not fire when I assemble the entire thing.View attachment 294722
I used the battery pull tab from the Thelema to be able to easier get the batteries out

so what I still need to do:
get a working screen.
Re-solder the 510 connector the other way around.
replace the negative top battery connector replacement already found just need to solder it.
Install the buttons and screw the enclosure together. it is very tight and quite difficult to do but I have closed it all up without the screen to test the battery connectors on Escribe, and it does function without a screen
Awesome and well done!

Back