Bora Bora Additions

Andre

Reonaut
VIP
LV

Awards
Quite a few DIYers have now mixed the Bora Bora tobacco.

HIC says "Tiny additions can be made to suit your every mood. Consider keeping a big batch of steeped Bora Bora White on hand. You can dispense it into smaller bottles to try different additions.". He then goes ahead with suggestions for such additions at 0.5 % of the volume you want to add to.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that those small additions really gives you a whole new juice.

I tried 2 of his suggestions and 2 of my own:
  1. Bora Bora Dry by adding 0.5 % of FA Nut Mix. Just as he says. A much drier vape with a "woody-nutty exhale that hints at dry coconut husk". I like it.
  2. Bora Bora Lush by adding 0.5 % of FA Papaya. Incredible how the Papaya comes to the front. For me it was just too much of a papaya taste.
  3. Bora Bora Clove by adding 0.5 % FA Clove. The clove makes it drier too and give a nice clove accent. So-so for me.
  4. Bora Bora Dark Vapure by adding 0.5 % Dark Vapure. The Dark Vapure adds a dark spirituous tobacco accent without taking away from the great Bora Bora base. My favourite at this stage.
Please share your additions.

I added 1% Torrone. It seemed to take it further away from tobacco than I liked.

Then with 0.5% Torrone I couldnt really tell it was there, as it seemed to blend with the creams.

I have just added the nut mix, really like that one for early morning, late evening while vaping in bed. Also tried with 0.5% Blackcurrant from FA, not bad, but I have since found better vapes with fruits added to tobacco.

I'm on a bit of a tobacco mission at the moment and have been toying with the idea of buying this recipe - but maybe you could help me by telling me if it uses burley?

I can't vape burley :confused:

I'm on a bit of a tobacco mission at the moment and have been toying with the idea of buying this recipe - but maybe you could help me by telling me if it uses burley?

I can't vape burley :confused:
Yes, as @Viper_SA says, just 0.5 % Burley - to add a bit of bold and creaminess according to HIC. I am vaping single Burley with just a bit of FA Fresh Cream and Clove at the moment and can assure you the Burley in Bora Bora is not discernible as a major component at all.

Maybe I'll give it a try and just leave out the burley. I like the idea of using it as a base and adding other flavors to it.

Bora Bora Gold Ducat by adding 0.5 % of INW Gold Ducat. This adds an accent reminding me of a Rum and Maple tobacco. Makes the juice a bit too sweet for my taste, but those that like a bit of honey will appreciate this addition.

Has anyone mixed it without coconut. My least favorite ingredient in there

Has anyone mixed it without coconut. My least favorite ingredient in there
I have tried variations, including halving the non-tobacco ingredients, but always go back to the original. I love coconut, so would not leave it out. For me it is a major ingredient in this recipe.

Quite a few DIYers have now mixed the Bora Bora tobacco.

HIC says "Tiny additions can be made to suit your every mood. Consider keeping a big batch of steeped Bora Bora White on hand. You can dispense it into smaller bottles to try different additions.". He then goes ahead with suggestions for such additions at 0.5 % of the volume you want to add to.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that those small additions really gives you a whole new juice.

I tried 2 of his suggestions and 2 of my own:
  1. Bora Bora Dry by adding 0.5 % of FA Nut Mix. Just as he says. A much drier vape with a "woody-nutty exhale that hints at dry coconut husk". I like it.
  2. Bora Bora Lush by adding 0.5 % of FA Papaya. Incredible how the Papaya comes to the front. For me it was just too much of a papaya taste.
  3. Bora Bora Clove by adding 0.5 % FA Clove. The clove makes it drier too and give a nice clove accent. So-so for me.
  4. Bora Bora Dark Vapure by adding 0.5 % Dark Vapure. The Dark Vapure adds a dark spirituous tobacco accent without taking away from the great Bora Bora base. My favourite at this stage.
Please share your additions.

How is Bora Bora as far as tobaccos go? I've been meaning to try a DIY tobacco but haven't really had the courage to spend the cash on getting some concentrates for it.

How is Bora Bora as far as tobaccos go? I've been meaning to try a DIY tobacco but haven't really had the courage to spend the cash on getting some concentrates for it.
Described here, @Caveman. Really awesome. Coming from NET tobaccos mostly, I was also very hesitant to go into DIY tobaccos, but was most pleasantly surprised. I could post you a sample or maybe your are near to @rogue zombie or @kevkev for a taste?

Where in JHB are you @Caveman Ill be mixing up some over the weekend.
That sounds awesome. I'm in the West Rand, close to Honeydew. I don't mind paying for a sample though

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

That sounds awesome. I'm in the West Rand, close to Honeydew. I don't mind paying for a sample though

No worries, pop me your shipping deets and Ill send you a sample next week. Oh and preferred PG/VG and Nic?

Described here, @Caveman. Really awesome. Coming from NET tobaccos mostly, I was also very hesitant to go into DIY tobaccos, but was most pleasantly surprised. I could post you a sample or maybe your are near to @rogue zombie or @kevkev for a taste?
Thanks @Andre, the description sounds very good. I have been trying to actually get a white chocolate tobacco for some time now. And pretty much everything I've made from HIC is great.

No worries, pop me your shipping deets and Ill send you a sample next week. Oh and preferred PG/VG and Nic?
Awesome thanks mate. I'll pop you a PM when I'm back at the office.

Bora Bora Gold Ducat by adding 0.5 % of INW Gold Ducat. This adds an accent reminding me of a Rum and Maple tobacco. Makes the juice a bit too sweet for my taste, but those that like a bit of honey will appreciate this addition.
Im going to give this one a go.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I sincerely hope that those of you on this thread that can make it to VapeCon will bring some of these tasty creations!

Back