Lost Vape Thelema 250c died

Baxteen

New Vaper
LV

Awards
so this was a combination of things that went wrong.

first the mod took a knock in my laptop bag while I was on the bike on the way to work. first I thought nothing of it. atomizer came appart vape juice all over the bag.
then I noticed after changing out batteries that the top magnet had come out and a small piece of plastic broke out next to it.

vape worked fine at first but the battery C pannel was very loose annoyingly so created a rattle when taking a drag.

so I get home and do the logical thing, superglue the magnet back into the frame.

then the superglue made a bubble at the tip, and as if in slow motion I saw everything go wrong, a spurt of glue flows out of the tip and runs down the vape body, I had it at an angle to get a good view of where I was working and before I could react it went over the little lip and into the top of the fire button.

instant reaction was to crab toilet paper and try to soak it up out of the slit while it was still wet and get the rest that could run in there. but I was not fast enough.

next I tried to get into the space with acetone and a cotton bud, and clean up all the other little trails.

sadly after a few mins of cleaning when everything I could see was cleared up and dry I put the batteries back in and tried to fire up the device. nothing. fire button is not working. its got a mushy feel to the button now instead of the more normal click that it had.

does anyone know a good place to try to have it professionally repaired? or should I just give up and start the mission of trying to find a replacement for what I think is the greatest mod I have ever had the pleasure of using?

anyone have any advice on what else I can try to fix it?

anyone want to laugh at my stupidity? feel free

so this was a combination of things that went wrong.

first the mod took a knock in my laptop bag while I was on the bike on the way to work. first I thought nothing of it. atomizer came appart vape juice all over the bag.
then I noticed after changing out batteries that the top magnet had come out and a small piece of plastic broke out next to it.

vape worked fine at first but the battery C pannel was very loose annoyingly so created a rattle when taking a drag.

so I get home and do the logical thing, superglue the magnet back into the frame.

then the superglue made a bubble at the tip, and as if in slow motion I saw everything go wrong, a spurt of glue flows out of the tip and runs down the vape body, I had it at an angle to get a good view of where I was working and before I could react it went over the little lip and into the top of the fire button.

instant reaction was to crab toilet paper and try to soak it up out of the slit while it was still wet and get the rest that could run in there. but I was not fast enough.

next I tried to get into the space with acetone and a cotton bud, and clean up all the other little trails.

sadly after a few mins of cleaning when everything I could see was cleared up and dry I put the batteries back in and tried to fire up the device. nothing. fire button is not working. its got a mushy feel to the button now instead of the more normal click that it had.

does anyone know a good place to try to have it professionally repaired? or should I just give up and start the mission of trying to find a replacement for what I think is the greatest mod I have ever had the pleasure of using?

anyone have any advice on what else I can try to fix it?

anyone want to laugh at my stupidity? feel free
Eina.... Baxteen....

I suspect some of that superglue got into the firing switch, preventing proper contact on the tact switch. Send a macro picture of the switch if you can. Does it look possible to solder the switch out and replace?

sorry I forgot to post an update.

I managed to take it all appart, to check. the superglue was only on the outside button and not on the membrane or onto the board. I managed to clean that off.

unfortunately, the battery sled plastic was completely degraded and basically destroyed. I assembled it again, and it worked for a few days, until the plasic under where the 510 plate screws in gave way completely and broke out. so the 510 itself was loose. this lead to leaking tank.

I bought a replacement Thelema Quest 200W because its the same form factor.

I am now in the process of 3d printing a mod case that takes the DNA 250C board and duel 18650 cells.

I cant find a good 3d model of the battery sled for the Thelema or I would print that.

I am also working on a design for a pipe but I am also learning Fusion so its a slow process

The thelema and centauras are trojan horses. All the metal on the outside are all just for show when everything is screwed into a plastic central structure.

honestly mine was in a fantastic condition. and it broke because it was in my laptop bag without being in any protective case. my lunchbox bumped into it, that knocked the atomizer off and damaged the plastic close to the top sleave magnet.

100% user error rather than a design flaw.

that Geekvape L200 that died on its own because the bottom door hinge gave up the ghost is the real plastic trap, I will never own a bottom door vape again and I will never buy a geekvape product again either.

I was referring to the degredation of the plastic. That degredation worsens and eventually the mod fails from the 510 area. I wouldn't say yours was in a fantastic condition if it were doomed to fail. It's not so much that you bumped your mod that that plastic degrades. I had a centauras that's never been bumped with the same kind of degredation in that area. The plastic becomes brittle and turns into like sand.

I've only ever seen 2 decent bottom hinged doors, and both were on sx mini mods that cost thousands.

Last edited:
I was referring to the degredation of the plastic. That degredation worsens and eventually the mod fails from the 510 area. I wouldn't say yours was in a fantastic condition if it were doomed to fail. It's not so much that you bumped your mod that that plastic degrades. I had a centauras that's never been bumped with the same kind of degredation in that area. The plastic becomes brittle and turns into like sand.

I've only ever seen 2 decent bottom hinged doors, and both were on sx mini mods that cost thousands.
valid point.

but I am in the process of building my own vape mod now.
I have the first part started, 3d printed case going to use that to get the basics right and the sizing perfect, then I will have the case milled from a block of Alluminium though a connection I have.

I am thinking that this will be a project over a year or so, and eventually I will have a case so good that it will be worth spending the big bucks and importing a DNA100C for it. for now the 250C is good enough

valid point.

but I am in the process of building my own vape mod now.
I have the first part started, 3d printed case going to use that to get the basics right and the sizing perfect, then I will have the case milled from a block of Alluminium though a connection I have.

I am thinking that this will be a project over a year or so, and eventually I will have a case so good that it will be worth spending the big bucks and importing a DNA100C for it. for now the 250C is good enough
Remember that the DNA100c has a max input voltage of 4.2v, whereas the 250c has a minimum input voltage of 6v. So the 250c won't run with single battery or multiple in parallel, and the 100c won't run multiple in series. That is, best to use different size mod boy designs for them.

Back