Age of the item
:DOESNT MATTER

Location of item
:JOHANNESBURG

Delivery/Collection
:CAN BE DISCUSSED

Reason
:DIY

Picture here (if it helps describe what you looking for)
:

Item wanted:NITECORE MAGNETIC STIRRER

Price Preference:CAN BE DISCUSSED

Condition
: PREFERABLY EXCELLENT

Age of the item
:DOESNT MATTER

Location of item
:JOHANNESBURG

Delivery/Collection
:CAN BE DISCUSSED

Reason
:DIY

Picture here (if it helps describe what you looking for)
:

Trust me, you don't want this crap stirrer.

Hi @zadiac

Could you please recommend a good stirrer which I may purchase at a decent price?

Hi @zadiac

Could you please recommend a good stirrer which I may purchase at a decent price?

Mate, do youself a favor and build one with a dedicated cd or ac motor. These ones that you buy at fasttech and other gadget places are really crap. There are tons of tutorials on youtube on how to build one and I'm sure people on here will share their plans to build one with you.

What I would recommend is what a mate of mine did. Get a cheap AC fan (220v), some deep magnets (not the flat ones, they're weak). Get the 10mm x 10mm and an AC drill speed controller. Stick the magnets on the ac fan, connect it to the drill speed controller and plug in. You'll have a fast and very powerful stirrer that will stir pure VG in the middle of winter with no problem.

You can build a case for it later, but just as is, it'll work perfectly. Trust me. I helped my friend build one like this and I'm jealous. That thing is a beast and it cost him under R1000 for everything.

If you want heat as well, just get a cheap reptile heating pad (the thin ones) and just put it on the platform above your magnets and regulate its heat as required. This is the best advice I can give you.

Good luck.

Last edited:
When going through the thread that @craigb posted, find the post by @veecee. If I build another 1 that would be the way to do it.

Very nice, but every video I see about building these things, people use water to demonstrate, but water is not what we use. When I finish mine, I will demonstrate it with pure VG. Only then will you see what the strirrer really can do. ANY stirrer will stir water fast and well all the time.

Very nice, but every video I see about building these things, people use water to demonstrate, but water is not what we use. When I finish mine, I will demonstrate it with pure VG. Only then will you see what the strirrer really can do. ANY stirrer will stir water fast and well all the time.
I agree 100% @zadiac, water is the wrong choice to show off a proper mixer. With regards to the one in this vid though, AC power which already makes it easier than all the rest, desk fan motor, so the speed is a given and a dimmer switch to control speed. This should cost you the same as any normal build but it's just so much easier to do.

I agree 100% @zadiac, water is the wrong choice to show off a proper mixer. With regards to the one in this vid though, AC power which already makes it easier than all the rest, desk fan motor, so the speed is a given and a dimmer switch to control speed. This should cost you the same as any normal build but it's just so much easier to do.
I personally prefer working with dc current, or power sources that go through a power adapter it's safer and less chances of getting an electric shock. Besides controlling the speed is much easier in DC than the AC.
Also after a certain point it is not the power of the fan that will decide if it will mix VG or not, there will be other factors like we had discussed earlier in this thread
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/nitecore-mixer.t49059/#post-664544 or the thread by @Dietz .
I use an Erlenmeyer flask for mixing on my stirrer. The wide base helps a lot. And I warm the VG before I mix, this thins it out and once it starts spinning it will continue to spin as long as u want.

I personally prefer working with dc current, or power sources that go through a power adapter it's safer and less chances of getting an electric shock. Besides controlling the speed is much easier in DC than the AC.
Also after a certain point it is not the power of the fan that will decide if it will mix VG or not, there will be other factors like we had discussed earlier in this thread
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/nitecore-mixer.t49059/#post-664544 or the thread by @Dietz .
I use an Erlenmeyer flask for mixing on my stirrer. The wide base helps a lot. And I warm the VG before I mix, this thins it out and once it starts spinning it will continue to spin as long as u want.
Uh uhm....guys please keep in mind that my opinion on the mixer has to do with 1 thing and 1 thing only: Simplicity. This is a guy who had to ask various friends and use Google last night to wire a plug. :blush:

I found the AC motor and light dimmer switch to be much easier to build than the DC version I tried. The motor has a lot more torque too. I do have a video somewhere of the device mixing by, and it works great!

The whole thing cost less than 200 bucks because I had a few of the parts already. But if I didn't it still would've been less than 300 bucks.

And with that enclosure it's very neat and professional looking too.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70L using Tapatalk

Back