Salt Nic DIY help

Dhesan23

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hello:hi:, I need some help from experienced DIY'ers

With the massive increase in the price of eliquid, I decided to do some research to get involved with DIY eliquid but I can not seem to get the information I need.

Basically I need guidance with regards to DIY salt nic eliquid, I can not seem to find the option to change the nic content to salt nic on the calculator unless it remains the same regardless of the type of nic used.

The salt nic i intend to purchase is "100mg/ml pg base 100ml" is this a good option?

I want to make 100ml bottles of salt nic eliquid with 35mg.

Also, can regular 1 shot flavors be used for salt nic applications ?

Thanks in advance, Sorry for so many questions regarding this.:facepalm:

If you want to dilute your nicotine simply do this:

You want 35mg/ml, and you want 100ml, so you will need to add 35x100= 3500 milligrams of nicotine. Your nicotine is 100mg per ml so you will need to add 35ml of your nicotine to a 100ml bottle. And yes you can 100% use any one shot flavours with your salt mix. Just keep in mind your VG/PG ratios. One shots can get pretty expensive though too. If you're really looking to save some cash just get some concentrated flavours like capella or flavour art (they're usually sold in 10ml bottles so I would add 2x bottles for 100ml of eliquid) and buy some Capella Super Sweet which is EXTREMELY potent. 1% (or in your case 1ml) is more than enough for eliquid and any more will quickly gunk up your coils. A 30ml bottle costs like R30 and will give you 30x 100ml bottles. I recommend getting all these things from blck.co.za. What vg/pg ratios are you looking for? I would personally get sick of any flavour if I have 100ml of it and it's for MTL which I'm guessing you're going to do. Send me a pm if you want to talk a bit more in depth

Last edited:
So to answer your question simply, yes it's a 1:1 ratio between salt nic and normal freebase nic when you're mixing. Just because the formulation of how the nic is made differs, does not mean you need a different way to add it. 100ml/100mg freebase is the same as 100ml/100mg salts.

The only real thing you need to be conscious of is whether your salt nic is VG or PG suspended (freebase comes in the same as well, but I typically use VG base salt nic) and then you need to be conscious about the density (gr/ml) of the mix if you're using a scale - if you're using syringes, no issue, but VG mixes are a ##### to pull in via a syringe. I personally use a desktop mixing calculator which allows me to adjust the density of the formulation so it takes it into contention when I am mixing (FYI, The density of VG is about 1,26gr/ml, whereas PG is 1.008g per ml so most people calc it as 1:1).

If you have more questions, fire away. There are many of us here more than happy to help.

@SteamServant - I wish Super Sweet was that cheap. :-( Cheapest Blck sells it for is R1.99/ml, but that's if you buy a gallon of the stuff....

Thank you guys, this forum is super helpful.

I’m going to try to make some 30ml bottles so I don’t get the dreaded Vapor’s tongue.

Aiming for some simple fruity ice flavours with a 50/50 mix at 30mg, if you have any recommendations please feel free to give me a shout.

Thanks again for helping me with this, I’m really grateful.

Back