Thoughts and advice please

Buan Stanley

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
I am new to vaping about two months using your normal entry lever e smoke .

It's time for bigger and better. The one that's really got my attention is the eGo one.

What are the general thoughts on these guys??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If i was in your position i would go for the subbox kits . It will keep you busy for a long time . The ego one is not a bad choice but with the subbox kit you have much more options. Usb charging and it can go up to 50w . Do not let the 50w scare you because you can set it to 10w if you want . But if you want to experiment later on then you do not need to buy a new mod again because the subbox can run almost any atty.

Reviews seem to be generally good. There is at least one review of the device on this forum that I know of. Check out the one of the twisp aero. It's the same device, just rebranded. The 1100mah version might not make it through the day for you but there's higher capacity versions of it available . I suggest grabbing one of these. Your future self will thank you.

I've got an ego one and it's an awesome little device as a secondary. I agree with @jtgrey that the Subox allows for better experimentation as time goes by. And experimentation is pretty much a certainty

Depends.. like most people we find the need for more pretty quickly in which case I would say Evic VT as your go to device and a nice atty maybe a subtank so at least you can build later on it should you wish to experiment. can use stock coils as well. Evic has the Temperature control if you get interested in that type of thing.

Look my next purchase will mostly be price dependent

I have a thread relating to a sort of similar question, I want to sponsor a family member and looking for a simple yet versatile device. The ego one has been mentioned but to be honest I have not considered it.

For the kangertech that everyone is referring to go have a look at this thread @free3dom did and excellent review. (underrated by that statement) It is more a brilliant introduction into the vaping hobby and very informative in general.
This device does not do temp control as stated but offers the easy to replaces coil out the box, you can MTL (mouth to lung) and direct lung inhale, pushing up the watts and dropping to the 0.4Ω you can do a decent bit of cloud blowing and have a nice warm vape.
the con that in the long run is a pro for me is that you would need to purchase a separate battery and I can tell you the guys that have these will testify that the tank that is supplied in the kit is just brilliant for the price.

The evic VT and I am sorry I don't have a link to an article just yet lets you delve into the world of temperature control but also allows subΩ vapes and the higher resistance coils, I cant recall off the top of my head but I don't think this tank has a rebuild-able base.
The device does ship with a built in battery pack so there is no extra purchase required on that front.

I am running the Istck TC40W, this is only a 40watt device and no tank supplied, but I was told that the Kangertech Subtank mini is a real winner on this device. I currently run a kayfun and lemo 2 on it.
Battery life on above 1Ω vaping gets me through the day but on the .35Ω build I have, I do plug it into the charger during the day. I can tell that once I start pushing above 30watts on the build it does start to warm up a bit and drop in battery life. My coil could be adding to the heat buildup as it is very close to the deck.

I cannot at this point comment on the TC (temperature control) of the device and it is a bit small. This will become my backup device in the future once I am able to purchase a whiteout cloudmaker.

oops forgot :- Price wise you will be looking at about the same price for the 3 devices and will be difficult to beat the Ego one on that point.

I must add though the Ego One can perform the basics well and if price is the limiting factor I am not sure if there is a better device at that price point

Last edited:
Nemo I saw that post it's very admirable which I had someone wanting to sponsor a device for me

Back