Uwell SE-1 Sub Ohm Tank

Just bumping this to hopefully get it before Christmas

Sent from my hlte using Tapatalk

Just bumping this for the other people that want one.

Pleze vendors, gief love

You are amazing! Thank you very much! I ordered the Matte Black one without hesitation. I can't tell you how awesome this is! Will get it before my birthday next week so I'm going to be in heaven!

You're welcome. Do u have the Crown 2? I'm wondering if there's a noticeable difference in flavor production between the two.

Fortunately not. I read about the problems with the crown 2 and decided against it. They recon the crown 2 still has the normal issues but the flavour and coil problems were solved.

It's weird, I have the Crown 2 and I've had zero problems. Everyone who I've spoken to with one also say they've had zero issues. I waited until about a month ago to get one though, after the newest coils were released with both o rings being yellow.

Perhaps there were some genuine problems but I have a feeling most of it was down to the power of suggestion.

In short, my take on it is that I prefer the way it vapes over the Crown 1, the sound and feel, but I think the Crown 1 has slightly better flavor.

I'm now very keen to get the D1. I have a feeling that's going to have the best flavor of the lot, and it'll be leak free.

It's weird, I have the Crown 2 and I've had zero problems. Everyone who I've spoken to with one also say they've had zero issues. I waited until about a month ago to get one though, after the newest coils were released with both o rings being yellow.

Perhaps there were some genuine problems but I have a feeling most of it was down to the power of suggestion.

In short, my take on it is that I prefer the way it vapes over the Crown 1, the sound and feel, but I think the Crown 1 has slightly better flavor.

I'm now very keen to get the D1. I have a feeling that's going to have the best flavor of the lot, and it'll be leak free.

Same here - no problems. Where did u get the correct coils? VC?

I have the Crown 2. I will be able to let you know once I receive this one. Will do a side by side, same juice, same settings.

Awesome thanks, looking forward to the feedback.

Ok, so I received it today - I almost forgot as I ordered on Friday and the courier came today!

So, side by side the SE-1 takes it by a whisker... The improvements are slight but just so (and necessary). The tweaks made a good tank better and this is definitely the best in class by far. At the price point, the SE kills the other contenders (at double the price) in this category - finished and klaar.

I must admit that if I were to grab the Crown 2 by mistake, I don't know if I'll notice the difference...as they look virtually identical and perform/handle very similarly. The only 'gripe' I have (as with the Crown 2) is that the drip tip gets hot after 6 or so decent puffs.

The only flaw in my comparison is the coils... I only have .5 coils so the Crown 2 I tested with a .5 at 40w and the SE with a .25 coil at 50 and 60.
I filled both with Funfetti (V1 version) and the flavour profile on both was pretty close - the SE delivering on taste by giving me a richer taste - bottom note flavours were more pronounced. Vapor production is decent - very decent...enough to get the neighbors suspicious.

As I migrated to RDA's about 3 months ago, I have not touched another type of tank since and this experiment cemented my option that you can not beat a RDA in terms of flavour and cloud production. I found myself a little bemused during my hour or two with these tanks - thinking 'how could anyone still vape using these?'. That said, I will use the SE as my go to tank when I can't drip as it is a damn fine tank...

9a922ae8649ef0521f56a4e4b2332f72.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that! One question, do you have the Crown 1? If so, how does it compare for flavor? As i said before there are aspects of the Crown 2 that I prefer over the Crown 1 but for me the flavor with the Crown 1 is still better.

Ok, so I received it today - I almost forgot as I ordered on Friday and the courier came today!

So, side by side the SE-1 takes it by a whisker... The improvements are slight but just so (and necessary). The tweaks made a good tank better and this is definitely the best in class by far. At the price point, the SE kills the other contenders (at double the price) in this category - finished and klaar.

I must admit that if I were to grab the Crown 2 by mistake, I don't know if I'll notice the difference...as they look virtually identical and perform/handle very similarly. The only 'gripe' I have (as with the Crown 2) is that the drip tip gets hot after 6 or so decent puffs.

The only flaw in my comparison is the coils... I only have .5 coils so the Crown 2 I tested with a .5 at 40w and the SE with a .25 coil at 50 and 60.
I filled both with Funfetti (V1 version) and the flavour profile on both was pretty close - the SE delivering on taste by giving me a richer taste - bottom note flavours were more pronounced. Vapor production is decent - very decent...enough to get the neighbors suspicious.

As I migrated to RDA's about 3 months ago, I have not touched another type of tank since and this experiment cemented my option that you can not beat a RDA in terms of flavour and cloud production. I found myself a little bemused during my hour or two with these tanks - thinking 'how could anyone still vape using these?'. That said, I will use the SE as my go to tank when I can't drip as it is a damn fine tank...

9a922ae8649ef0521f56a4e4b2332f72.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey @Rude Rudi,it was so nice reading your write up as I just started using mine about 15mins ago,it is my 1st uwell tank so im pretty excited,I am using a @hands drip tip so it never get hot,but the rest of the tank got hot and my juice got very thin,as long as it doesnt leak,gurgle or spit im happy,using the 0.25 coil at 60wIMG_20170206_202121.jpg

Thanks for that! One question, do you have the Crown 1? If so, how does it compare for flavor? As i said before there are aspects of the Crown 2 that I prefer over the Crown 1 but for me the flavor with the Crown 1 is still better.

I don't have the original Crown and never used one so I can't comment accurately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I find that with all my Crown 0.25 coils I get the best flavor between 75w - 85w.

Once the coil has been broken in properly give it a go. The tank gets hot but I use dotmod drip tips. Never had any issues with leaking, gurgling or spitting.

The 0.5 coils I use at 55w - 65w.

I find that with all my Crown 0.25 coils I get the best flavor between 75w - 85w.

Once the coil has been broken in properly give it a go. The tank gets hot but I use dotmod drip tips. Never had any issues with leaking, gurgling or spitting.

The 0.5 coils I use at 55w - 65w.

Thanks for the advise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back