XTAR : VX4 Visible Mixer Universal Smart Battery Charger review

MrGSmokeFree

Loves tobacco juice with a kick
ECIGSSA Donor
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Awards
XTAR VX 4_1721204032349.jpg
Manufacturer : XTAR ( @XTAR - Ecigssa online profile name)
Product link :https://www.xtar.cc/product/xtar-visible-mixer-vx4-charger.html
Item name : XTAR : VX4 Visible Mixer Universal Smart Battery Charger
Where can I find it : More details on the XTAR website

*Disclaimer* I am not a vape gear reviewer by any means. I am just a vaper dude giving some quick info and pictures, details, my own opinion, “review” from my personal experience on using The XTAR VX4 Battery charger. I might have missed a few things that you would have liked me to mention (Sorry dude I did not mention that “thing” you wanted to read, I see you reading this – yes sir I see you – I suggest you clear your web browser history kind sir). Some info might be incorrect and typing erorssss (See what I did there?) might have slipped in. Always check on the supplier’s website to get the 100% correct information or any assistance regarding any product.

Into

After I got the charger on the 15th of July 2024 there has not been a safe rechargeable battery in the house that could escape from not being put in this charger. I am not just talking about my batteries I currently use in my mods.

I put this charger through its pace with different sizes rechargeable batteries ,old rechargeable batteries, new rechargeable batteries and even dead rechargeable batteries (Yes you reading this kind sir I know you have that secret stash of dead vape batteries and you still have not cleared that web browser history) and this charger came out tops with no issues.

And since, sorry for the swear word, load shedding (that has not happened in a while shhhhhh touch wood fast) we all have accumulated quite a few rechargeable batteries and this charger will charge them all super fast.

Well here we go I hope you guys enjoy

What's in the box, what's in the box!?!

What I got in box

* VX 4 Charger
*PD20W Adapter
*Type C-C Charging cable
* User Manual
VX4-英文橱窗图-10-2-1024x683.jpg
20240716_214358.jpg

XTAR -VX 4 specifications ( As stated on XTAR WEBSITE)

All Batteries, One Solution!

· The first capacity tester for rechargeable 1.5V Li-ion batteries.

· Compatible with 3.6/3.7V Li-ion, 1.5V Li-ion, 1.2V Ni-MH and 3.2V LiFePO4 batteries.

· High precision capacity test to distinguish overrated batteries.

· Manual current selection function to meet different needs.

· LCD screen displays real-time charging status.

· Higher recovery success rate for over-discharged batteries.

· Intelligent optimal charging strategy matching.

· Built-in multiple protections for charging safety.

Model​
VX4 (Visible Mixer)​
Input​
PD2.0(12V1.67A) / QC3.0(9V2A) / 5V2A​
Constant Charge Current​
3Ax1 / 2Ax2 / 1Ax4 / 0.5Ax4 / 0.25Ax4​
Charge Cutoff Voltage​
3.6/3.7V Li-ion: 4.20±0.05V
1.5V Li-ion: N/A
3.2V LifePO4: 3.65±0.05V
1.2V Ni-MH: 1.45±0.1V​
Charge Cutoff Current​
≤150mA​
Operating Temperature​
-10-40℃​
Dimensions(mm)​
L172 × W130 × H41.5​
Net Weight(g)​
315​

Now let us us have a look at the XTAR VX4 CHARGER

Compatibility for Most Popular Batteries
VX4-ty.jpg

20240715_183116.jpg20240715_180716.jpg
The VX4 is extremely versatile and supports a variety of battery types and sizes. From AA/AAA 1.5V Li-ion batteries to 10440-21700 3.6/3.7V Li-ion batteries, and even AAA/AA/A/SC 1.2V Ni-MH batteries, it is equipped to handle them all easily.

In addition to the standard charging modes, the VX4 also offers a LiFePO4 mode to charge 3.2V LiFePO4 batteries. This flexible charging feature caters to the different needs of users.

I tried a lot of different rechargeable batteries and had no issues at all.

The First Capacity Tester for 1.5V Lithium Batteries
photostudio_1721068908284.jpg
photostudio_1721236574873.jpgphotostudio_1721236613998.jpgphotostudio_1721236649685.jpgphotostudio_1721236699635.jpgphotostudio_1721236738407.jpgphotostudio_1721236788033.jpgphotostudio_1721236819009.jpg

This feature can help you detect exaggerated capacity ratings in new batteries and evaluate the remaining performance after battery aging, helping you in timely replacements. VX4 can test the capacity of popular batteries on the market, and it also offers a breakthrough feature: the ability to test the capacity of rechargeable 1.5V Li-ion batteries. Equipped with a LCD screen, it offers users a clear view of charging status, empowering better control over the charging process. Together with VX4, managing charging becomes worry-free.

That’s not all. After completing the capacity test, just click the “mAh/mWh” button to switch directly to energy display in mWh, providing a more intuitive capacity representation. It has been proven that this feature is particularly convenient for devices with specific energy requirements, ensuring batteries are optimally utilized.

Smart Charging Process Making Charging Easier
VX405.gif

VX4.gif
20240716_171205.jpg20240716_171145.jpg20240716_171058.jpg
20240715_194550.jpg20240715_194552.jpg
VX4-英文橱窗图-03.gif
You just insert in the battery and let the charger do the rest.

1) With a USB-C input port, it is versatile for charging anywhere. Coupled with a 20W PD adapter, a single slot can reach a maximum of 3A charging current and fast charge a 26650 6000mAh battery in 3.3 hours, significantly reducing wait times.

2) The VX4 automatically match the optimal charging current based on various factors like battery, quantity and internal resistance. For users seeking more control, they added a manual current selection function . This gives more options and improving the overall experience.

3) Unique CVSA tech for Ni-MH batteries and the 3-stage charging method for Li-ion batteries, it ensures higher accuracy of full-charge detection, faster charging, and extend battery life.

Safety Design and Low Voltage Activation
photostudio_1721068673822.jpg

Picture below you can see the unit warns you when a battery is faulty by means of a flashing message “Err and battery Icon “ on the charger display.
20240716_170711.jpg20240716_170715.jpg

Aside from charging and capacity testing functions, VX4 also boasts higher activation rate for over-discharged batteries, saving money and energy. It also features multiple protection mechanisms to prevent overcharging, over-current, and other potential risks.
VX407.gif

With the increasing popularity of 1.5V lithium batteries, the need for accurate capacity testing and wide compatibility has become critical. With VX4 Visible Mixer, you can say goodbye to batteries with unknown performance and hello to a more reliable charging solution.

My Pro's
* I love the large bright display ( I found myself staring at the brilliant display constantly checking what was going on with the readings , luckily you can turn it off if you want to or use it for a night light( The display is a real cool blue bright light) just kidding please remove batteries and unplug unit after battries are fully charged.)
* Batteries and charger stay cool during charging
* Charging 4 batteries at a time no matter what kind or size is super cool.
* Ummmm I love this super cool charger.

My Cons
* NONE ( FOR ME )

Final thoughts

In all honesty this is my first time using an XTAR product and I am amazed by the good quality and all the functions of this battery charger. If you are currently looking for a new battery charger you can not go wrong with this one!

I will defiantly be getting more XTAR products in the future. Mmmm I see they even make torches.

Thank you Lily @XTAR once again for getting this charger to me and for giving me an opportunity to do a review on this super awesome XTAR VX4 smart rechargeable battery charger.

And a BIG THANK YOU TO ESIGSSA for giving us a platform to share our passion and that passion is VAPING.

AND THANK YOU TO EACH PERSON THAT READ THIS REVIEW.

CHEERS

View attachment 293022
Manufacturer : XTAR ( @XTAR - Ecigssa online profile name)
Product link :https://www.xtar.cc/product/xtar-visible-mixer-vx4-charger.html
Item name : XTAR : VX4 Visible Mixer Universal Smart Battery Charger
Where can I find it : More details on the XTAR website

*Disclaimer* I am not a vape gear reviewer by any means. I am just a vaper dude giving some quick info and pictures, details, my own opinion, “review” from my personal experience on using The XTAR VX4 Battery charger. I might have missed a few things that you would have liked me to mention (Sorry dude I did not mention that “thing” you wanted to read, I see you reading this – yes sir I see you – I suggest you clear your web browser history kind sir). Some info might be incorrect and typing erorssss (See what I did there?) might have slipped in. Always check on the supplier’s website to get the 100% correct information or any assistance regarding any product.

Into

After I got the charger on the 15th of July 2024 there has not been a safe rechargeable battery in the house that could escape from not being put in this charger. I am not just talking about my batteries I currently use in my mods.

I put this charger through its pace with different sizes rechargeable batteries ,old rechargeable batteries, new rechargeable batteries and even dead rechargeable batteries (Yes you reading this kind sir I know you have that secret stash of dead vape batteries and you still have not cleared that web browser history) and this charger came out tops with no issues.

And since, sorry for the swear word, load shedding (that has not happened in a while shhhhhh touch wood fast) we all have accumulated quite a few rechargeable batteries and this charger will charge them all super fast.

Well here we go I hope you guys enjoy

What's in the box, what's in the box!?!

What I got in box

* VX 4 Charger
*PD20W Adapter
*Type C-C Charging cable
* User Manual
View attachment 293023
View attachment 293024

XTAR -VX 4 specifications ( As stated on XTAR WEBSITE)

All Batteries, One Solution!

· The first capacity tester for rechargeable 1.5V Li-ion batteries.

· Compatible with 3.6/3.7V Li-ion, 1.5V Li-ion, 1.2V Ni-MH and 3.2V LiFePO4 batteries.

· High precision capacity test to distinguish overrated batteries.

· Manual current selection function to meet different needs.

· LCD screen displays real-time charging status.

· Higher recovery success rate for over-discharged batteries.

· Intelligent optimal charging strategy matching.

· Built-in multiple protections for charging safety.

Model​
VX4 (Visible Mixer)​
Input​
PD2.0(12V1.67A) / QC3.0(9V2A) / 5V2A​
Constant Charge Current​
3Ax1 / 2Ax2 / 1Ax4 / 0.5Ax4 / 0.25Ax4​
Charge Cutoff Voltage​
3.6/3.7V Li-ion: 4.20±0.05V
1.5V Li-ion: N/A
3.2V LifePO4: 3.65±0.05V
1.2V Ni-MH: 1.45±0.1V​
Charge Cutoff Current​
≤150mA​
Operating Temperature​
-10-40℃​
Dimensions(mm)​
L172 × W130 × H41.5​
Net Weight(g)​
315​

Now let us us have a look at the XTAR VX4 CHARGER

Compatibility for Most Popular Batteries
View attachment 293025

View attachment 293026View attachment 293027
The VX4 is extremely versatile and supports a variety of battery types and sizes. From AA/AAA 1.5V Li-ion batteries to 10440-21700 3.6/3.7V Li-ion batteries, and even AAA/AA/A/SC 1.2V Ni-MH batteries, it is equipped to handle them all easily.

In addition to the standard charging modes, the VX4 also offers a LiFePO4 mode to charge 3.2V LiFePO4 batteries. This flexible charging feature caters to the different needs of users.

I tried a lot of different rechargeable batteries and had no issues at all.

The First Capacity Tester for 1.5V Lithium Batteries
View attachment 293028
View attachment 293029View attachment 293030View attachment 293031View attachment 293032View attachment 293033View attachment 293034View attachment 293035

This feature can help you detect exaggerated capacity ratings in new batteries and evaluate the remaining performance after battery aging, helping you in timely replacements. VX4 can test the capacity of popular batteries on the market, and it also offers a breakthrough feature: the ability to test the capacity of rechargeable 1.5V Li-ion batteries. Equipped with a LCD screen, it offers users a clear view of charging status, empowering better control over the charging process. Together with VX4, managing charging becomes worry-free.

That’s not all. After completing the capacity test, just click the “mAh/mWh” button to switch directly to energy display in mWh, providing a more intuitive capacity representation. It has been proven that this feature is particularly convenient for devices with specific energy requirements, ensuring batteries are optimally utilized.

Smart Charging Process Making Charging Easier
View attachment 293036

View attachment 293037
View attachment 293038View attachment 293039View attachment 293040
View attachment 293041View attachment 293042
View attachment 293046
You just insert in the battery and let the charger do the rest.

1) With a USB-C input port, it is versatile for charging anywhere. Coupled with a 20W PD adapter, a single slot can reach a maximum of 3A charging current and fast charge a 26650 6000mAh battery in 3.3 hours, significantly reducing wait times.

2) The VX4 automatically match the optimal charging current based on various factors like battery, quantity and internal resistance. For users seeking more control, they added a manual current selection function . This gives more options and improving the overall experience.

3) Unique CVSA tech for Ni-MH batteries and the 3-stage charging method for Li-ion batteries, it ensures higher accuracy of full-charge detection, faster charging, and extend battery life.

Safety Design and Low Voltage Activation
View attachment 293045

Picture below you can see the unit warns you when a battery is faulty by means of a flashing message “Err and battery Icon “ on the charger display.
View attachment 293043View attachment 293044

Aside from charging and capacity testing functions, VX4 also boasts higher activation rate for over-discharged batteries, saving money and energy. It also features multiple protection mechanisms to prevent overcharging, over-current, and other potential risks.
View attachment 293047

With the increasing popularity of 1.5V lithium batteries, the need for accurate capacity testing and wide compatibility has become critical. With VX4 Visible Mixer, you can say goodbye to batteries with unknown performance and hello to a more reliable charging solution.

My Pro's
* I love the large bright display ( I found myself staring at the brilliant display constantly checking what was going on with the readings , luckily you can turn it off if you want to or use it for a night light( The display is a real cool blue bright light) just kidding please remove batteries and unplug unit after battries are fully charged.)
* Batteries and charger stay cool during charging
* Charging 4 batteries at a time no matter what kind or size is super cool.
* Ummmm I love this super cool charger.

My Cons
* NONE ( FOR ME )

Final thoughts

In all honesty this is my first time using an XTAR product and I am amazed by the good quality and all the functions of this battery charger. If you are currently looking for a new battery charger you can not go wrong with this one!

I will defiantly be getting more XTAR products in the future. Mmmm I see they even make torches.

Thank you Lily @XTAR once again for getting this charger to me and for giving me an opportunity to do a review on this super awesome XTAR VX4 smart rechargeable battery charger.

And a BIG THANK YOU TO ESIGSSA for giving us a platform to share our passion and that passion is VAPING.

AND THANK YOU TO EACH PERSON THAT READ THIS REVIEW.

CHEERS
I like it that it came with a power supply but for me the power supply should be built into the charger in my opinion @XTAR Thanks for the review @MrGSmokeFree

I like it that it came with a power supply but for me the power supply should be built into the charger in my opinion @XTAR Thanks for the review @MrGSmokeFree
Hi Stew,
Whilst I support your liking of "self contained devices"; Switched mode PSU's are the single greatest point of failure in electronics, so it makes sense to keep them out of the device itself as an easily replaceable, (by the user), item. The strategy has been adopted by most manufacturers for some time now ;-)

Back