ECIGSSA Admin
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
FINES MASTER
LV

Awards
OK so there appears to be 3 sizes of the 18 series batteries

This I get... but then there are flat top and button? I guess the button top resembles the normal battery right? Button top is left and flat top right?

Batteries 002.JPG

Is there any significance to the two different tops?

Then the batteries seem to vary in price greatly and I assume that's because of quality and mAh?

Without getting too technical... what is the best battery to buy?

There is another aspect to batteries as well, the chemistry, there are IMR, ICR and IFR.

ICR has built in protection but the chemistry is the least safe of the batteries. General consensus is that the IMR have the safest battery chemistry and is unprotected.

It may say on the box the battery came in. Post a full length pic of the batteries, maybe someone here knows what chemistry they are.

It may say on the box the battery came in. Post a full length pic of the batteries, maybe someone here knows what chemistry they are.

Trustfire Button Top TF 18650 3,7V Li-ion 2000mAh

No Name Blue one Flat top +ADONL-18650 20130408 -

The trustfire looks like it is an IMR battery. Not sure about the blue one..

I googled the trustfire one and it came up as IMR.

The Blue one is an ICR. Looked on the site I bought them from. ;)
Sweet..

Just my 2c but wouldn't use ICR in a mechanical mod, even though it is protected its not exactly safe chemistry however have used and still use ICR in my SVD and basically I have double protection as the SVD has its own protection so that helps a great deal.

It looks like the 18490 size isn't very popular in SA... none of the vendors seem to stock them?

Just my 2c but wouldn't use ICR in a mechanical mod, even though it is protected its not exactly safe chemistry however have used and still use ICR in my SVD and basically I have double protection as the SVD has its own protection so that helps a great deal.

Roger that... I don't own a Mech MOD yet so I'm safe. ;)

VapeMOB stocks them and CVS can bring them in if needed.

VapeMOB must be out of stock because they only seem to have the 18350's. Unless I'm going blind which is a distinct possibility! :oops:

IMRs are the best and safest batteries batteries for any mod, mech or electronic. Vapeking has some AWs, which are great quality.

The 18490 fit the mini, so we trying to hunt them down. Will see feedback from vapemob and publish same.

The 18490 fit the mini, so we trying to hunt them down. Will see feedback from vapemob and publish same.

Thanks Markus... if you find please grab me two and we can share courier fees like bears!

@Rob Fisher I just want to add that you left out the 18500 battery. which is seen as the same as the 18490 but with a slight difference in size. The 18500 is said to work in the 18490 Reo mini but fits a bit tight for comfort for most.

Then regarding the issue ive seen people talking about here where they need a nipple top battery for the reo mini but they only have flat tops, have you guys tried using the small round earth magnets?

I have seen them on fasttech heres the link, https://www.fasttech.com/products/1140101

I also have them in stock if you are interested

@Rob Fisher I just want to add that you left out the 18500 battery. which is seen as the same as the 18490 but with a slight difference in size. The 18500 is said to work in the 18490 Reo mini but fits a bit tight for comfort for most.

Then regarding the issue ive seen people talking about here where they need a nipple top battery for the reo mini but they only have flat tops, have you guys tried using the small round earth magnets?

I have seen them on fasttech heres the link, https://www.fasttech.com/products/1140101

I also have them in stock if you are interested
Using magnets are dangerous. They can and do slip and cause shorts.

Back