A Coil To Try

RoSsIkId

Dedicated Vaper
LV

Awards
This looks super cool and I want to try this

The clapton is well worth the effort. Probably one of the most satisfying builds I have done. Vapor was good but on the kayfun I didnt notice a jump in flavour. If you search clapton coil you will find my thread with pics of my build

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

The clapton is well worth the effort. Probably one of the most satisfying builds I have done. Vapor was good but on the kayfun I didnt notice a jump in flavour. If you search clapton coil you will find my thread with pics of my build

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Best looking Clapton coil ever imo.

the theory behind it is sound..thats the exact same way the wire in incandescents are wrapped, so going to assume it gives the most heat/light.
In a old school light bulb, it creates interior reflections which increases brightness, hopefully the same applies to heat.
I'll try one at some time, when uber bored:)

How about these bad boys;)

Attachments

• 7jSurIr.jpg
    7jSurIr.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 188
Can someone maybe explain the logic behind this to me? I'm really quite curious about coils - surface area, mass and wicking effectiveness ITO thickness and tightness etc. Does anyone know of a decent resource that covers these topics?

Been vaping away on a oval coil I built for a week now and I do think surface area of the coil and wick
makes a difference . What I did is put the larger area of the coil over the air intake of the Kayfun and man o man
great clouds and taste!! Will post pics.

Sorry the drawing is real bad. But would like to know what you guys think?

Attachments

• Untitled 11.png
    Untitled 11.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 125
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 113
Looks awesome. What did you use to get the oval shape? Any tutorial available?

Looks awesome. What did you use to get the oval shape? Any tutorial available?

To my unscientific mind a round coil should be more efficient than an oval coil. Equal distances from wick and juice. Less impeded air flow. Structurally stronger. ???

Will see if I can do one tonight was a mission and went trough a lot of kanthal but got a good way of building it

True round coils are Structurally very strong and easy to build but I was wondering about the surface area, mass and wicking effectiveness

hmmm, interesting.... I'm gonna squash the coil I have in my kayfun and see if it makes a difference

hmmm, interesting.... I'm gonna squash the coil I have in my kayfun and see if it makes a difference
no seriously, I found this thread right after I topped the kayfun up, now I'm vaping the heck out of this thing now... gotta finish this last 2ml of menthol off

This is what I do for my mpt2 coils, and it works like a charm.

Basically, use 2x1.2 ID mandrel, next to each other, and then wrap around both of them.

But, never thought of doing it on a Kayfun. Will try when I recoil again

Very easy if you have an existing coil in. take our coil out and gently squeeze it oval with pliers just watch out
the coil is going to tri and fall flat when you squeeze it.

Thanks for this @Harryssss

Dunno when I'm gonna find the time to do this but will definitely try when I'm re-coiling.

For anyone interested, I'm currently running a 0.6 Ohm double barrel micro coil in my Rocket. This thing is frikken amazing! Awesome vapour and flavour. Have been on it in this RBA for over a month now and have no desire to change it

Back